Where do we go?

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
I started a thread on this a while back, but the heaven of the Bible sounds......not like "heaven" to a country boy.

If you scroll back a few months you may find some thoughts that were passed along then.

If there is a crystal sea, I hope to be able to fish in the surf.

Next to the stump, near the overhanging tree.

.:cool:

gordon 2

These are great answers and discussions,thanks to each of you. But,is paradise heaven.If so,why did Jesus not say to the thief "today you will be with me in heaven"?I have a close friend who is a born again Christian. He believes we live with another demission here on earth that no one can see. Does anyone have any thoughts of this?

Yes that demention is "in"-formed by the Holy Spirit. In that demention Shoeless Joe is still pitching and everyone bats .400. The stats and trivia are way-out-there. Number 1 Moses and Matthew 5-6-7 are often coaching, Mark gives the signs, Luke keeps the stats and John tags along. Paul rags the umps and just now Peter is up.

ps. I have a eccentric uncle who says he read the bible top to bottom a few times and according to his understanding--" We are the prisoners of an advanced society.":D

Last edited:

formula1

Daily Bible Verse Organizer
Re:

Interesting read of all these comments.

All men are dead without Christ! Dead men and women walking, that's who we are! Period! We stand outside of grace and hope. These don't exist in us. I was once like this too, hopelessly lost and dead, drowning in the deepest of seas with no chance or hope for another breath of air to fill my lungs. And I didn't even know it just as many you know right now also are completely unaware.

In comes Jesus, and among the many things He spoke, He said to a man, arguably the most knowledgeable teacher and religious leader of the day, 'You must me born again, born of water and of the Spirit, or you cannot enter the Kingdom of God( John 3:5)!' If then you are in Christ, then the Spirit God is a work in you, though you cannot see the source nor the destination of the Spirit, yet you feel the wind. If you feel that wind at work in you life (His working in you and through you by the Holy Spirit), you have eternal life. You are no longer dead, but alive in Christ. My person, by faith, drew his last breath on the day that Christ came into my life and poured His Spirit upon me. My life is now hidden with Christ in God(Colossians 3:3).

Most folks see heaven, or paradise, or the Kingdom as out there, or over there, or down there, or on my last physical breath, etc. But if you can somehow get the picture that you are already dead and alive to Him, maybe, just maybe, God's gift in you may be seen by the dead who must have it (John 3:21)! This is the Lord's doing (Psalm 118:21-23). We already by the Spirit know what God has given us (1 Cor 2:12).

Maybe I will be thought of as ignoring the question, but not really. Someone once told me if God does not want you to know something, you will not know. But He has revealed these things to us that we must know (Romans 8:16). Adopted, grafted in children, connected forever to the Vine, heirs of God's immeasurable riches in Christ(Ephesians 2:4-7). Isn't that what we need to know and understand about our life in Him?

Last edited:

BrowningFan

I agree.

All I know is when I die, that my next conscious moment I will be with Christ. I may go directly to heaven or I may sleep for a while (and the dead in Christ shall rise first). So whichever way it goes, I'm happy. I'd rather believe I go straight to heaven, but I don't know...but it's all good.

Paradise was a precurser to heaven....ie all the ot folk, I believe they waited in paradise because there was no straight route to heaven (Jesus). I just don't know now, but it doesn't matter to me. I'll be crossing Jordan and going home with a big ol' shout either way.

Great Answer . To many scriptures to post with explanations here is a diagram that might help. It was done by Clarence Larkin .... IMO one of the greatest bible minds ever. Larkin - THE SPIRIT WORLD.jpg