Which broadhead do you use and why?

deerslayer0369

Ramcat orginal’s 100gr and Annihilator’s 100gr both deadly and fly like darts. The annihilators penetrate unbelievably, haven’t found a bone they won’t bust through yet…and I have photo evidence that will not be posted here bc I’m not about to be harassed and bashed for my shot choice.

RealIsPatt

Iron Will 175 grain single bevel. Because I’ve always got a pass through, from deer to bear to hogs. they are wicked sharp and can easily re sharpen.

OffTheBeatnPath

Wasp jak hammers or old rocket steel heads. Good blood trails and always a pass through and a piled up deer under 100 yds. They are tough little heads too. I've shot the wider cut mechanicals and never get more than 1 use out of them

Tight Lines

Personally I think the best fixed blade broadhead with the best backing out there is Magnus. I've got a bunch of their products...they stand behind them and I think they do great work!

kmaxwell3

2" Rage 100 grn. because they kill quickly and blood trails. Also shoot 4 Blade Muzzy 100 grn tried and true broadhead here and they shoot good.

Last edited:

Stainlessman

I'm new to archery using a crossbow. I used a Muzzy Trocar crossbow broadhead to shoot my first deer. The entrance hole was a diamond shape huge hole but only two drops of blood was found. That was it. No trail to follow. My nephew just shot a 130 lb doe the other late afternoon. Arrow went straight thru. He had a blood trail that we followed but again very little. He was shooting the same broadhead as mine. Deadly. But not alot of blood from it. So. I'm going to try something else. The muzzy works. But i'm not sure why no or so little blood.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221008-193815 broadhead.png
    Screenshot_20221008-193815 broadhead.png
    106.1 KB · Views: 14

DEERFU

I'm new to archery using a crossbow. I used a Muzzy Trocar crossbow broadhead to shoot my first deer. The entrance hole was a diamond shape huge hole but only two drops of blood was found. That was it. No trail to follow. My nephew just shot a 130 lb doe the other late afternoon. Arrow went straight thru. He had a blood trail that we followed but again very little. He was shooting the same broadhead as mine. Deadly. But not alot of blood from it. So. I'm going to try something else. The muzzy works. But i'm not sure why no or so little blood.
That broadhead is just as good as any! It always amazes me to how fast the clots can plug a hole in deer. Not to mention other material like intestines and such. Rifle hunters are not immune either. Shot placement will always be number 1

Stainlessman

I bought a package of Rage that was on sale at cabelas , but they have a shock collar you need to install that has tiny slots for the blades to fold and lay back into the collar slot to hold in place when shooting. Are all Rage mechanical heads like this with that collar. Thats a real pain for me. I'm going back to using the Muzzy.

Gbr5pb

Shot a doe yesterday hit way too far back with the rage hypodermic Had stand up blood trail for 75 yards to dead deer.

Last edited:

quikws6

Probably unpopular butt knock off rage hypodermics from ebay, 25 bucks for 36 of them can’t beat it. I have sharpened the blades and reused them. Great blood and short tracks are a plus.

ninjaneer

I've killed a buck & 2 does this yr with Allen Lightning fixed 3 blade. 9 bucks for 3 at Wal-Mart. They flew best between trophy taker & griz trick, so decided to use em.

Gbr5pb

Probably unpopular butt knock off rage hypodermics from ebay, 25 bucks for 36 of them can’t beat it. I have sharpened the blades and reused them. Great blood and short tracks are a plus.
Just got a pack of the same! Can’t tell any difference

Latest posts