White Bass (and others) Thread 2024

ryork

The more I look, the more I think this will be a replay of 2019 and 2020...if the rain slows. Those years we had higher than normal rain and Lanier was high like now. We kept the higher flow rates because of the water being let off Lanier all spring. It actually turned into a really good fishing year, but the fish were in off the wall spots I've really not caught them in since those 2 years.

You’re pretty good at finding them in adverse conditions!

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
Pretty encouraging trip yesterday evening. I knew the water conditions were still not ideal, but had to try with the beautiful evening we had. Fish were holding tight to current breaks in those little off the wall spots I mentioned. Water temps were 56-59 and water a very heavy stain. For some reason they didn't care for my little crankbait that is usually money in dirty water. Most came on 1/8 oz head with a Strike King slabalicious.

IMG_0986.jpeg

ryork

Pretty encouraging trip yesterday evening. I knew the water conditions were still not ideal, but had to try with the beautiful evening we had. Fish were holding tight to current breaks in those little off the wall spots I mentioned. Water temps were 56-59 and water a very heavy stain. For some reason they didn't care for my little crankbait that is usually money in dirty water. Most came on 1/8 oz head with a Strike King slabalicious.

View attachment 1293638

Good deal! Looks like the rainfall this Fri-Sat AM isn’t supposed to be as extreme as it once appeared. Trying to stay positive….. want to get down there sometime mid next week or so.

ryork

6DF4E008-8228-4295-A56D-B05AB4D373C8.jpeg39170DE8-8AD8-49B5-94A2-E7C3EFEA89F7.jpeg08D74D07-04D6-46A1-B163-1DC3269524D9.jpegCAB746C6-DA1A-45DC-8737-1D00535FBB76.jpeg812D29C4-D18C-475E-86B3-C47FD1BBFD9C.jpeg

Fished solo today from 8:45 until 1:00. Numbers about what they’ve been previously but overall size improved dramatically. Really no “little” ones today and a bunch in the 14-15” range. Caught 53 with all white bass except for 6 yellow bass which are about to fulfill their destiny as components of tacos…..

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Got out for another 4.5 hrs or so today. Somewhere between 100-110 total for two of us with some really good ones up to 17” mixed in. My friend is stocking up for a church fish fry. Never know where they might stack up…….View attachment 1293940View attachment 1293941
When I missed the turn for Blacks Bluff Rd. this morning we almost joined you today. But we found our way to Brushy and wore out the small males just before the stump field.

Last edited:

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
The yellow bellies seem a little less plentiful this year for me, at least so far.
That was the only one we saw or even herd of all day and they are generally the dominant ones up Cedar. Water was still cold, never saw it get to 59*. Plus they are generally bottom feeders, and the bottom up creek ain't nothing but oak leafs.

Mistrfish

Haven't been on it, but have driven over it. It is still high, swift and muddy.
Yeah, I put in a the lock and fished about an hour. Its was fast and dirty. Couldnt keep the debris off whatever I was using.
I did head down closer to the lake and found a few white bass but tgey were tiny.

pbradley

Do the white bass still make the run up Murder Creek on Sinclair? My dad and grandfather used to go every spring and wear them out on Little Cleo spoons.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member