Whitetail Arrow Setup

elhoward622

I like his simple approach to tuning. He has some good videos on getting your broadheads to hit with your field tips and that’s my top priority when setting up arrows.

Ihunt

I like his simple approach to tuning. He has some good videos on getting your broadheads to hit with your field tips and that’s my top priority when setting up arrows.

Whatever works for good arrow flight is fine but the RF has said many times he can’t tune a bow. That’s one of the reasons he has his RF test kit and talks about using the rest to tune.

strothershwacker

Don't get lost in all the mathematical equations. I kilt piles of deer before I knew what any of this stuff meant. And I was killing them with what people are now saying is all wrong. I've kilt 'em with a compound that was pulling 90lbs with a 400 grain arrow, I've kilt 'em with a 45lb recurve and a 720 grain arrow. I've kilt 'em with 2" expanding mechanical broadheads, I've kilt 'em with 1" wide fixed 2 blades. The object of the game is to put a sharp object through their lungs. Experiment and find what you can hit the best with, and hunt with that. I ain't no guru on the subject but I have kilt a bunch of deer with an arrow in my 30 bowseasons. We use to kill them before we even knew what "arrow spine" or "front of center weight" meant. Accuracy trumps everything. Kinetic energy don't mean sqaut if you can't hit the thing! Paper tuning is great, but it don't kill deer. Shoot what hits! Have fun! Go kill a biggin!

XJfire75

How tall are you and what brand and model is your bow? Any idea on draw weight?