Whiting

Bream Pole

Any whiting being caught on Jekyll pier?

WalkinDead

Banned
Typically not many to be had this time of year due to water temps. They begin showing up in March around the jetties at St. Mary's in the deeper waters off the end of the jetties at the edge of the current from the river. Have done quite well there during March/April for them.

Bream Pole

Thanks. Been looking at water temps 57-59. Mid sixties needed ?

fuelman1

With the warm weather we had last week I would think the water temps are about to be just right to kick things into high gear the next week or so.

Bream Pole

Yes on temps ..Been watching them rise. May go in middle of next week if there is a rain-less day predicted

M77 Ruger

Like everyone else is saying they have been biting good at the jetties at Cumberland and the fl side as well. Buddy of mine went Friday with his wife and caught over 30

Bream Pole

According to a web site water temp. isnow

WalkinDead

Banned
Went with a friend to the jetties Saturday. We caught 50 and called it a day; left them biting. Must have been 30 boats in the same area and everyone seemed to be doing well. We figured 25 apiece as enough.

fuelman1

We went out this weekend in and around Sapelo Sound. Targeted trout Saturday and it was tough because of the wind. Plenty of 13" fish. Sunday we started for trout but after the same 13" fish started biting we went after Whiting. We brought back 20 fish. That was as many as my buddy wanted to clean. There were lots of folks out and everyone seemed to be catching whiting. It should only get better. I'm going to give it a try next weekend too. It was a beautiful weekend except for the wind. 90 degrees at the end of March. Can't complain about that.