Who cares about Arch Manning?

REDMOND1858

I think the next great UGA QB is already on campus. Should be a good battle between the two Georgia boys Brock and Gunner.
Should be, however it doesn’t seem to pan out that way. After we loose a game or 2 this coming up year due to not being able to score against good defenses, Stetson will ride off into the sunset.
Kirby will jump in the portal to try to find the next best reject. It will be a summer long competition between portal guy and muschamps kid(because he already knows the system) at which time Gunner and Brock will realize they don’t stand a chance until their senior year, and the both decide to head to wherever it is that’ll play them.

MudDucker

Staff member
Should be, however it doesn’t seem to pan out that way. After we loose a game or 2 this coming up year due to not being able to score against good defenses, Stetson will ride off into the sunset.
Kirby will jump in the portal to try to find the next best reject. It will be a summer long competition between portal guy and muschamps kid(because he already knows the system) at which time Gunner and Brock will realize they don’t stand a chance until their senior year, and the both decide to head to wherever it is that’ll play them.

What you been smoking? Stetson beat several good defenses, including Bamma in the natty.

REDMOND1858

What you been smoking? Stetson beat several good defenses, including Bamma in the natty.

Stetson didn’t beat anyone, our Defense did. And the only game our Defense slipped up, the O wasn’t able to pick up the slack.

Is Stet a good QB? Yes. Is he elite? No.
Have we had an elite offense under Kirby? One could argue the Fromm, michel, Chubb days were elite. But overall, No.

Did we win a natty? Yes. If Bama was healthy for the natty would we have won? Probably not.

Can we win another natty eventually? Probably.

However, If we had an elite offense, not just a good enough offense to supplement our elite D like we’ve had, we could absolutely win multiple nattys in the next few years.

Look at what Saban has done to adapt to the game over the past several years. He quit relying only on an elite D and threw in an elite O to go with it.

jbarron

BANNED
Stetson didn’t beat anyone, our Defense did. And the only game our Defense slipped up, the O wasn’t able to pick up the slack.

Have we had an elite offense under Kirby? One could argue the Fromm, michel, Chubb days were elite. But overall, No.

Did we win a natty? Yes. If Bama was healthy for the natty would we have won? Probably not.

However, If we had an elite offense, not just a good enough offense to supplement our elite D like we’ve had, we could absolutely win multiple nattys in the next few years.

Look at what Saban has done to adapt to the game over the past several years. He quit relying only on an elite D and threw in an elite O to go with it.

Dude... I'd hate to live in your negative world where the glass is always half empty.

Based on points per game, Alabama's "elite O" finished 6th averaging 39.6 ppg.
Georgia finished 9th averaging 38.6 ppg.

Ohio State finished first averaging 45.7 ppg but they didn't ever make the playoffs.

QB Stats for Georgia vs Alabama this season:

Former Walk-on 46-74 62.1% 5 TDs 2 Int
Heisman Winner 61-101 60.3% 4 TDs 2 Int

By the way, Georgia played most of the season with its best receivers injured. But ol'Stet made due.

Life is good dude... Turn that frown upside down and enjoy Winnersville... :cool:

weagle

Dude... I'd hate to live in your negative world where the glass is always half empty.

Ohio State finished first averaging 45.7 ppg but they didn't ever make the playoffs.

By the way, Georgia played most of the season with its best receivers injured. But ol'Stet made due.

Life is good dude... Turn that frown upside down and enjoy Winnersville... :cool:

Stetson is the anti Matt Ryan. The Falcons have wallowed in mediocrity for years because they stuck with the QB with all the skills and stats, but lacked the Refuse to Lose gene.

To Kirby's credit, he recognized the field leader and stuck with him.

MudDucker

Staff member

I'm sorry, but you are so wrong that I can't see a way forward to continue any conversation. I guess offense putting points on the board didn't count. Both sides of the ball had to get it done to get it done. facepalm:

gb1194

I mean no disrespect towards him. But honestly, nothing really stood out in that video that made me think "this guys is special". In fact, he doesn't look as good as the two freshmen young guns we currently have. :huh:
What stood out to me in the video is that he has great receivers and no offensive line! He seemed to be running for his life on every play.

GTMODawg

BANNED

I don't disagree at all but lots of folks have tried to emulate Saban at Alabama and only Kirby Smart and Dabo Sweeney has come close. Jimbo may be close, time will tell.

UGA does not and has rarely had an elite offense. 2017 was an outlier in UGA history. This years offense was, historically, among the best that has ever been fielded at UGA. It was not elite it was efficient and that is more than enough most years to be in the national title hunt. Alabama showed what reliance on an elite offense which must play a perfect game looks like this season with 2 losses and near misses against teams with, on paper, far less talent (Florida, Auburn, Arkansas). Perfection is hard to find in any aspect of life but when you are talking about 20 year olds playing a game it is unimaginable....yet Saban and Bama pull it off more than they do not. They didn't this year and they lost 2 games. That'd be a season for the ages at about 95% of the schools in the nation including UGA. It would be great to go on a Alabama type run but it would require near perfection to do and expecting that is not realistic. In the history of CFB no one has done what ALabama has manged in the last 10 years or so and it will be a LONG time before someone else does. UGA is close.

GTMODawg

BANNED

It is completely possible to completely enjoy life with a UGA natty while recognizing that Stetson Bennett fumbled the ball 3 times in the natty and lost one of them. Had Alabama managed to recover either of the other 2 who knows what the outcome would have been.

formula1

Daily Bible Verse Organizer
It is completely possible to completely enjoy life with a UGA natty while recognizing that Stetson Bennett fumbled the ball 3 times in the natty and lost one of them. Had Alabama managed to recover either of the other 2 who knows what the outcome would have been.
We know the outcome so that’s all that matters!
Go Dawgs!

jbarron

BANNED

Thanks for proving my point about living in a negative world where the glass is always half empty.

Perhaps talking with a psychologist or psychiatrist could help break the grip of negative thinking.

GTMODawg

BANNED
Thanks for proving my point about living in a negative world where the glass is always half empty.

Perhaps talking with a psychologist or psychiatrist could help break the grip of negative thinking.

The glass can be running over the top and there can still be issues. Emotionally mature human beings know that few things in life are found in stark contrast....there is, most often, a lot of grey area. Such is the case in point....Stetson Bennett fumbled 3 times in the natty, that's a fact, not a matter of opinion nor skewed by any negative nor positive outlook. Any of those fumbles could have been a big difference in the game...one of them was indeed a big difference. AT the end of the day UGA won the game. That too is a fact, untainted by anyone's perspective be it positive or negative. Emotionally mature adults can indeed enjoy the outcome of an event even while acknowledging that there were points along the way that were not without concern. I have had loved ones in my life who passed away after suffering long term illnesses and unimaginable pain. I hated to see them leave this life but I was, at the same time, glad their suffering was over as far as we know. That is what being an emotionally mature, stable adult is about.

fishnguy

When Ringo made the int., Smart wanted him to down the ball and put it back into Stetson's hands with an eight point lead.?

Latest posts