Why do you deer hunt?

justus3131

It is one of the few times of the year that allows for getting away from the daily stress of your livelihood, a feeling of closeness to nature, an instant reminder of good times experienced as a youngster, the chance to catch up on friendships that often times are centered around hunting, and finally if you have some luck the chance to harvest a nice buck. I have always proclaimed to my wife that a good season is not defined by the number of deer harvested, but by the rekindling of friendships, the chance to observe deer in their habitats, good weather and finding new methods to improve your hunting skills. When I long to be hunting, I think of a cold Ga. morning at day break sitting in a climber about thirty feet up a pine tree with a slight breeze and waiting for movement in the fall colors that paint the landscape.

Last edited:

HighCotton

Why I Hunt

I hunt for several reasons--

(1) First and foremost, to spend time with my sons and make memories

(2) I enjoy the little cooler time of year and to be able to be in the woods is very relaxing and enjoyable

(3) To pass on the tradition... if we don't, future generations won't know or care.

HC

futuredoc

What a question

I don't know how many times I have tried to answer this question. Deer hunting and hunting in general, are affairs that are very personable by nature. The obvious reasons each of us have to take part in such a natural part of life vary greatly, but I believe that each one of us grasps the more primitive instinct that has been bestowed deep in our depths since the first man tasted meat. To be an intricate part of the cycle of life is something that revives my soul; the living world rides on a cycle, and I am not content to be merely a spectator like so many in society today who believe that meat is something that majically appears in the blue walls of super Walmart without some animal having to give up its right to live. I have come to the realization that in order for me and other humans to survive, some other organism must end its life. And I am ok with this fact. But I take a personal satisfaction in knowing that I am in control of at least a small fraction of my existence, and I turn on and off the nozzle of at least a small part of the hose bringing my body the energy it needs in order to maintain homeostasis. And I know that this particular source of carbon came from a natural, wild existence that was terminated swiftly and humanely, and that the animal did not die an unappreciated death to a mere Joe/Jan Consumer who believes that meat is spontaneously created laying on styrofoam covered in clear plastic. God bless everyone of you who want to be a part of what is natural.

fd

doeinheat08

I deer hunt because I enjoy the scenery and the feelings of being in the Great Outdoors. I don't always have to kill a deer to have a good time! I kill deer for food, and thats basically it. I don't go out looking for a monster buck just to hang on my wall. Does do just fine! My main reason for hunting though, is that I get to spend time with my father and that is always enjoyable!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

cowboyron

Well lets see ....when i quit drinking and the party life 18 years ago I had to form another habit. And now I'm......BOWDICTED..........what a HIGH.

BORN ON A MOUNTAIN RAISED IN A CAVE......HUNT'UN & FISH"UN IS ALL I CRAVE

Goat

GONetwork Member and TU member!
it cant be put into words but we all feel it when we are out there, whatever your goals are(meat or horns).

GobbleAndGrunt78

HMMMM...

1) It is nice be reconnect with nature, realizing that we ARE a part of nature's complex food chain

2) It's a relatively cheap way to have fun (sometimes)

3) I love the feeling of the whole process...scout it, hunt it hard, kill it, drag it out, clean it, butcher it, package it, cook it, eat it...I was involved in every step that puts the meat on the table

4) It fulfills my primal urge to hunt and kill

5) I love the adrenaline rush

6) Yummy meat...

7) Links me to my ancestors, it's a tradition, our heritage

8) Need I go on?????? :flag: