Will primos turkey vest

phillip

Anyone took a look at this vest? Called Primos (the company that bought them) they told me June the latest hoping a couple of weeks. Looks good little pricey though

beretta

I have The Rocker and love it. Holds everything I need and it's comfortable. I like seat, it's made to support you even if there's no trees.

bullit

I'm on my 3rd Primos Rocker.... I hunt 30-45 times a season and do not baby my gear. The rigid supports popped thru the top and Primos replaced it twice, no problem. I've since found a way to provide much needed support at the point or failure and have had no problems. Actually the last one they sent is still brand new and unused, since I made my repair I've had no reason to transfer all my gear over to the new one. I carry an extra cushion because I sit for hours and comfort is very important to my old fat bones!

phillip

I’m hoping the Wil Primos vest will come out before Georgia turkey season in some store so I try it out

Bubba_1122

Last thing I need is another turkey vest (though the Primos looks like a nice one (also at a pretty stiff price tag)).

I have 4 or 5 vests and just don't like any of them. Have a Glenda Green bag and it's nice. Also a Tom Teaser bag. Still...

I just don't enjoy wearing vests or toting bags. Feel like they hinder me.

What I really need is bigger pockets (or maybe I just need to tote less stuff into the woods).

SC Hunter

Last thing I need is another turkey vest (though the Primos looks like a nice one (also at a pretty stiff price tag)).

I have 4 or 5 vests and just don't like any of them. Have a Glenda Green bag and it's nice. Also a Tom Teaser bag. Still...

What I really need is bigger pockets (or maybe I just need to tote less stuff into the woods).
I'm like you. I've got 2 or 3 different vests, a fanny pack and the tom teasers bag. I'm going to try the TT bag this year. I put my essential stuff in it the other day and I'm going to have to tag some stuff out. I'm tired of carrying around all that stuff. ?

Gut_Pile

The north mountain gear leafy jacket is what you need. It has the big kangaroo pouch up front that will hold your gloves, shells, pot calls, thermocell, etc. Between that and a cargo pocket or two, there is no need for a vest.

DUCKDIGGLER

I'm on my 3rd Primos Rocker.... I hunt 30-45 times a season and do not baby my gear. The rigid supports popped thru the top and Primos replaced it twice, no problem. I've since found a way to provide much needed support at the point or failure and have had no problems. Actually the last one they sent is still brand new and unused, since I made my repair I've had no reason to transfer all my gear over to the new one. I carry an extra cushion because I sit for hours and comfort is very important to my old fat bones!

Bullit sir...would you mind sharing your fix for the Rocker vest? I too am a fan and i dont think mine will hold up for ever......3 seasons on it now and I doubt it will make 5. Thank you! DD

bullit

Pictures are worth a thousand words. See below. I did this to the second vest they sent me before season ended last year, I did not make the modification until the start of this years' season that's why a little fray is showing at the seam. I used a knife to cut a slit in the material then drilled thru the rigid fiberglass support. It seems to be holding up thru 14 hunts & 50+ hours. I've added a Thermarest air cushion and it seems to be ok after several hunts, I sit it on the thin foam deal that is art of the vest so that it's not exposed to sticks and such.
BTW... After that fray showed up on my first replacement vest, I corresponded with them again and sent pics of the failure, they sent a new vest. I'd done this to my first vest after it failed miserably, but it was really too far gone. Great customer service!
thumbnail

thumbnail

thumbnail

DUCKDIGGLER

Pictures are worth a thousand words. See below. I did this to the second vest they sent me before season ended last year, I did not make the modification until the start of this years' season that's why a little fray is showing at the seam. I used a knife to cut a slit in the material then drilled thru the rigid fiberglass support. It seems to be holding up thru 14 hunts & 50+ hours. I've added a Thermarest air cushion and it seems to be ok after several hunts, I sit it on the thin foam deal that is art of the vest so that it's not exposed to sticks and such.
BTW... After that fray showed up on my first replacement vest, I corresponded with them again and sent pics of the failure, they sent a new vest. I'd done this to my first vest after it failed miserably, but it was really too far gone. Great customer service!
thumbnail

thumbnail

thumbnail

Thank you sir! Only problem is I do not see any pictures??

Dupree

I was on the fence about ordering one, but now that they are available I don’t thing I’m going to. I’ve looked at all the pictures and watched the promo video, and I just don’t think it will make me happy. I have 6 vests now, but once I started hunting with a bob dixon it’s hard to put it away. I really wish mossy oak would make this vest again or something really similar. They would make a killing on them.