Worst hunting show

hunter rich

woody777 said:
Worst to me by far, Ted Nugent, the one where he hunts an elephant.
Could be used by PETA as an anti-hunting promotional/infomerical.

Ya know, he wasn't doing anything illegal. I believe that any hunting show could be used by the "anti's" as well as any hunting magazine. We have to quit being such chicken shi+s and start promoting our sport and not worrying about what the anti hunters may or may not do!!! When did we start to "harvest" an animal?? Always talking about the humane shot...If that is not an oxymoron than ...Well, I guess those who feel they have to appologize and explain why they hunt to make themselves feel better are always going to be that way.

Bad shows? I can't think of the guys name but I saw a show where his son was hunting and he was filming and when they saw a deer his son would say"I will let him go, he is only a 130-140 class buck, I am looking for ANOTHER B&C buck!" WOW!! he hunts for antler size just like his daddy...I think the anti's would have more ammo w/that kind of ** than with a legitimate hunting show where the object is to hunt and have fun.

Sorry, I am ranting..maybe because I am at home and not in the woods.

Last edited:

ryanwhit

orion1mdl said:
I typicaly don't watch too many "hunting shows" except for the shows like tte ones from RMEF, D.U. etc,. With all of the posts on here for the last few months about food plots and baiting, I decided to watch some of the shows and see just how previlant baiting and food plots are on T.V., Also, since most of the posts here claim that using food plots or bait will not increase the chances of seeing bucks and makes the deer almost completely nocturnal, I wanted to see just how many deer these T.V. hunts were able to see in their plots and at bait stations, and if they seemed to have a problem with deer going nocturnal on them. Well, in just this last week alone, I've seen 11 shows that included deer hunts, and 8 of these shows were either in food plots, or over bait. Of the 8, four were definitly using bait, and the other four were in foodplots, and all of these hunts were guided too. On all of these shows, they did'nt have any problem with just does hitting the bait or food plots, and in alot of them, there was clearly deer activity well into shooting light in the A.M. and deer were comming into the food plots or bait stations long before dark. And, not just does either, multiple bucks in many of these shows were there as well. As a matter of fact, the property owners, or guides would actualy brag on how well their food plots or bait would bring in bucks as well as grow massive antlers. The other three shows that weren't using bait or foodplots were out west. Two were mule deer hunts and one was a whitetail hunt in Montana. As for the worst show, I vote for one who's host's last name is Warren. I think it's Allen, but I might be wrong. Anyway I don't know if he's ever killed a deer that wasn't standing in a food plot, or within a few feet of a bait station. The worst part is, he puts bad shots on probably a third of the animals he shoots, and they show it!

I think one of the main reasons for more "normal" deer behavior with bait on the shows is that the majority of tv hunts are filmed in high fences (not all, but most are), and the deer are not as pressured on those ranches/plantations/preserves.

There's a lot of idiots that get famous on huntin tv shows

orion1mdl

hunter rich said:
. We have to quit being such chicken shi+s and start promoting our sport and not worrying about what the anti hunters may or may not do!!! When did we start to "harvest" an animal?? Always talking about the humane shot...If that is not an oxymoron than ...Well, I guess those who feel they have to appologize and explain why they hunt to make themselves feel better are always going to be that way.

I think most would agree that worrying about what anti-hunters are going to think if they see a certain hunting show or picture, is a complete waist of time. However, I think it may be extremely important to consider what NON-HUNTERS think of hunters and hunting. Someday, the issues that are discussed on these boards like hunting deer over bait, in food plots, with dogs and many other issues, as well as the right to hunt at all, may come up for a vote by the general public, and the majority of those votes, are indeed the NON-HUNTERS. There are alot of things that could very well affect how these people view hunting and hunters, and ngative impressions could cost an awful lot. Maybe these same non-hunters don't watch hunting programs, but what happens if they stummble on one while just looking around, and sees some guy, on "so and so's hunting adventures" blasting a deer as it's feeding on corn being thrown by a feeder while corn is bouncing off the deers back. Is that a good image for hunters? I have never appologized for hunting, nor have I ever felt the need to, but in the course of conversation, with non hunters, I have tried to explain not only why I hunt, but why I'm so passionate about hunting. And as far as the phrase "taking a humane shot" being an oxymoron, I guess that could just be how each person defines humane themselves, but as for me, I have a great deal of respect for the animals that I hunt, and add to that admiration and compassion. Even though I may be killing a specific animal, I take it as my incredibly important duty to kill that animal as quickly and yes, humanely as possible. I don't use that word to soften the fact that I just killed an animal to anyone. If after a sucsessful hunt, one of my "non-hunting" friends asks how I did on my hunt, I don't say "Well, I harvested one Saturday morning by taking a perfectly placed humane shot", but I also don't say, "Man. I put a hole in one side the size of the end of my little finger and it came out the size of a softball!, turned the lungs into goo, and blood trail? looked like someone was throwin buckets of blood on the brush! Ah, maybe I'm just being chicken sh+t!

gordylew

Gee I touched a chord with some of yall! I never said a word about anti-hunters. Anti-hunters are going to view any hunting show whether its good or bad as anti hunting fodder. As for somebody posting about a show that has a kid passing up a 140" buck because its too small, these are the shows, as well as ones that flagerantly show killing of deer over a bait pile that I hate. Because They don,t represent real hunting and I understand that they should be viewed as entertainment . But it drives me insane when these host or supposide hunters come across as great hunters and they,ve accomplished something. I personally couldn,t tell someone straight faced about these "trophies" and be proud of them.

hunter rich

Okay, I admit I was a little peeved when I responded earlier. I did say that we need to promote our sport, I know we need to get non-hunters on our side, I believe that the majority of them are. We need to keep showing hunting in a good light. We don't need to use PC words like harvest. When you listen to a politician we can tell when he is blowing smoke up, well you know, and he uses words to try and cover what he is saying. Non-hunters are the same..they know what "Harvest " means. I have never said I harvested a good one. I killed a good one or I shot agood one. Lets not treat people like little kids. or maybe we should...My 12 year old daughter watches the hunting shows and says she doesn't like to see the deer get shot, but she understands that it is needed to keep them form dying of sickness or other problems from over population. She also likes venison..

We need to get more media coverage of things like Hunters for the hungry and other meat donation programs. big toebig toebig toebig toe, lets get the insurance companies to help promote our sport, they depend on us to help lower deer/vehicle collisons. Get wildlife agencies to promote us for the $$$ and sweat we put into conservation. Don't worry about PETA or HSUS, we will never be able to change them, but we may be able to stop people from sideing with them or giving them money.

huntfish

If someone offered me a full year of hunting and I get to choose the species without license and tag worries but the catch was that Tred Barta would be my partner...... I would pass. I can't stand that self-arrogant yahoo.

Nugefan

everybody has an opinion , and thats just what it is an opinion ...

Guess you can tell who I like huh ?

dominantpredator

gordylew said:
Gee I touched a chord with some of yall! I never said a word about anti-hunters. Anti-hunters are going to view any hunting show whether its good or bad as anti hunting fodder. As for somebody posting about a show that has a kid passing up a 140" buck because its too small, these are the shows, as well as ones that flagerantly show killing of deer over a bait pile that I hate. Because They don,t represent real hunting and I understand that they should be viewed as entertainment . But it drives me insane when these host or supposide hunters come across as great hunters and they,ve accomplished something. I personally couldn,t tell someone straight faced about these "trophies" and be proud of them.
I can honestly say I have never seen a hunting show on ESPN or The Outdoor Channel that showed a kill over bait. All I usually watch is Realtree Outdoors, Huntung The Country, and maybe those Drury Brothers. The rest , I can't remember the names of, but no bait that I have seen.

Bruz

Gone but not forgotten
Best - Realtree Road Trips, Team Fitzgerald, Todays Bowhunter

Worst - Tred Barta, Roger Raglin and Buckmasters.

Show most likely to make you forget about hunting

Gettin Close :clap: :clap: Have you seen that woman in a Scent Lok Base Layers' Top!!!! :clap: :clap: :hair: :hair: :cool: :cool:

dominantpredator

Bruz said:
Best - Realtree Road Trips, Team Fitzgerald, Todays Bowhunter

Worst - Tred Barta, Roger Raglin and Buckmasters.

Show most likely to make you forget about hunting

Gettin Close :clap: :clap: Have you seen that woman in a Scent Lok Base Layers' Top!!!! :clap: :clap: :hair: :hair: :cool: :cool:
I believe you left out Mossy Oaks Hunting th Country....that is good one now Bruz :)

gordylew

I get the mens channel on the dish. They,re the ones that have alot of shooting over bait.

captainhook

I agree Gordylew, that show is about the most pathetic one I have seen. There is nothing about that show I like.

parkerman

I think the shows that are put out by Jordan Enterprises are some of the best..monster bucks, realtree roadtrips, whitetail country.
Gettin' close...is that the one with the Lakosky's? Tiffany is a hottie.
If I had to pick any show or any person to hunt with,it would probably be with the Kisky's at their farm in Iowa..

Bruz

Gone but not forgotten
Tiffany

This is Tiffany......

Now that will make your neck swell up and start pawing the ground :cool: :cool: :cool:

Attachments

• Tiffany-Lakosky.jpg
    Tiffany-Lakosky.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 65

Phat Mitch

Bushman idiot, Raglin idiot. come on man, hunt fair chase, Drury bros, they are true and ethical, along with wadell and the other boys. There needs to be a reality show with true to life hunting, long hrs in the stand, scouting in the heat, not seeing deer, seeing the deer missing with gun,bow, muzzleloader. getting big toebig toebig toebig toebig toebig toe off when they bag you. I like watching the TK and Mike hunting dvd's over those other jabronies.