Would you sell your trophy for $100,000?

Would you sell your trophy for $100,000?

• No, I couldn't part with them

Votes: 12 12.0%
  • Yes, in a heartbeat

Votes: 78 78.0%
  • Maybe, but it'd take more than $100k

Votes: 10 10.0%

• Total voters

RThomas

coon dawg

GONetwork Member
nope............

but I'd sell several exact replicas for $25,000 a piece..... :pop:

H

HT2

R T..........

IN A NEW YORK MINUTE BUD!!!!!!!!!!

Do you know how many places I could go hunt and try to get me another one??????

Truth be known........

I'd probably sell it for a lot less........ :D :D :D

Jeff Phillips

Yep! I'd make a plastic copy for around $3,000 and spend the other $97,000 on my family!

Michael Lee

I agree with their thinking and why they sold it to BPS. It will be hangin for us all to see. It should be shared since it is #1. Personally, it would be hard to part with and don't know if I could do it. I'd like to have that problem though!

ML

Jorge

I don't think I could part with them and if I did I would probably donate the mount to a worthwhile organization and take the biggest possible writeoff. However, like Coon Dawg said, I would sell reproductions if someone just had to have a set and I would likely copywrite the antlers somehow to retain the rights to any future reproductions.

bull0ne

Banned
I can't say for sure what i'd do but world class antlers are a problem,life as you know it is long gone.

At the very least the antlers would have to be placed somewhere other than where you live.

The media and spectators will create a circus like atmosphere that is unreal,i saw what happened with the Padgett buck......a blessing can become a curse.

Selling the reproductions and keeping the antlers would be the best compromise IMO.

Randy

Heck yes. Money talks and the mounts walk. I'd probably make a replica as Phillips said though.

I'd even sell my wife for $100,000.00? $50,000.00? $100.00? Free if you pick up? ::;

Taylor Co.

ya'll dont fall for it...it's a trap

I would sell them...but would that be illegal ? unethical? :D

leo

Retired Woody's Mod 7/01-12/09
I went with maybe

as a
your world record antlers
may be worth more than that ;)

All of the deer that I have shot especially the bucks, are imprinted into my memory, a wall rack is nice, (specially if Woody does it), but the memory is what it is about to me and you can't take that away :cheers:

Randy

Taylor Co. said:
I would sell them...but would that be illegal ? unethical? :D

I took this as a hypathetical question. He said world record. A world record would not come from Georgia. Not questioning the legalities of this hypathetical question.

Taylor Co.

Randy said:
I took this as a hypathetical question. He said world record. A world record would not come from Georgia. Not questioning the legalities of this hypathetical question.

I WAS NOT TRYING TO BE SMART. I KNOW THAT YOU ARE JUST PLAYING AROUND...I WAS JUST WONDERING MYSELF...OF COURSE I WOULD SELL IT FOR 100K. OR MY WIFE, I LIKE THAT ONE :rofl: BUT IT SEEMS LIKE THAT WOULD BE MARKETING HARVESTED GAME FOR PERSONAL GAIN...ANYWAY PRETTY INTERESTING THREAD.

Last edited by a moderator:

Branchminnow

GONetwork Senator Area 51
Randy said:
Heck yes. Money talks and the mounts walk. I'd probably make a replica as Phillips said though.

I'd even sell my wife for $100,000.00? $50,000.00? $100.00? Free if you pick up? ::;
UUUUHHHHHHHHHH............................it would get kind of lonely wouldnt it?

Randy

Branchminnow said:
UUUUHHHHHHHHHH............................it would get kind of lonely wouldnt it?
I prefer to think of it as peaceful and quiet.

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
Randy said:

Randy you forgot about the non-returnable clause. I have told alot of people they could take her with them. But when i tell them they cannot bring her back when she starts driving them crazy they start backing up.

I could hunt alot of different animals with the left over money.

ElkMan

Absolutely.............

My wife would sell them for a big toebig toebig toebig toe of alot less.

Randy

Thunder Head said:
Randy you forgot about the non-returnable clause. I have told alot of people they could take her with them. But when i tell them they cannot bring her back when she starts driving them crazy they start backing up.

I could hunt alot of different animals with the left over money.
Won't matter if she comes back the locks will be changed. In fact they have already been changed I just can not get her to walk out the door. I think she suspects the locks have been changed?

Branchminnow

GONetwork Senator Area 51