Would you sell your trophy for $100,000?

Would you sell your trophy for $100,000?

• No, I couldn't part with them

Votes: 12 12.0%
  • Yes, in a heartbeat

Votes: 78 78.0%
  • Maybe, but it'd take more than $100k

Votes: 10 10.0%

• Total voters

Jriley

The regulations in Georgia say that legally taken deer hides, antlers and squirrel tails may be sold. If someone offered me $100K for a set of antlers they would be sold. $100K would buy a lot of international hunting trips. Also, I would have a replica made. The replicas are pretty good. It's hard to tell the difference between a replica and the real thing.

SlipperyHill Mo

In a heartbeat also,

deer antlers just don't exciteme $100K worth. Maybe if I killed it onmy own property in GA it would be different.

Putting the mount where a lot of hunters can enjoy is is a good idea.

CPiper

$100k for a W.R. Whitetail?? Too Cheap!!
More like $250,000.00 and they cant buy the memories!!!

Duff

bye, bye! :clap:

raghorn

Bowbender said:
I am with coondog............. I would keep the rack, copyright a synthetic set and sell that to BPS... Then I would take that buck to every show that I could and rake in as much money for my family as I could... Then I would get sponsored by the makers of all the equipment that I used to take that beast, and hunt for the rest of my days.. If I got low on funds, well I would just has to shoot me another world record.. :bounce: :bounce:
I love a good plan...............Wish I had one :huh:

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Nope. There`s some things that money just can`t buy.

RThomas

If you sold the antlers outright for $100k, I would assume you would also lose any rights to market or profit from them. Could you make more money in the long run thru replicas, shows, speaking engagements, sponsorships? On the downside, it could almost become a business. Kinda takes the fun out of it then. :(

vermontah

I'd sell em and spend the money hunting for the next one. Why would anybody want somone elses trophy? It'd be like going to the movies with your neighbors wife.

Walkie Takie

Give me the money ////////

take the money and run and never look back ////////// ( that's why we have cam -corder and digital camea's ) :cool: :banana: :fine: :flag:

Jorge

vermontah said:
...Why would anybody want somone elses trophy? It'd be like going to the movies with your neighbors wife.
You obviously have not seen my neighbor's wife! :bounce:

Seriously though, a business like Bass Pro Shops obviously wants the rack for marketing purposes; however, I am also amazed at how many people are willing to pay exorbitant amounts for someone else's trophy. When I was in Africa, I met a ranch owner/outfitter that had killed what is believed to be the number 1 or 2 red heartebeest but does not want to enter it in the record books. It was truely a large heartebeest and it was pretty neat seeing it and talking to him about it. He said a hunter he had hunting on his farm offered him $10,000 cash for it and wanted to bring it back to the US. I guess he wanted to claim it as his own since it had not been entered in the records. :huh:

huntfish

Jorge said:
He said a hunter he had hunting on his farm offered him $10,000 cash for it and wanted to bring it back to the US. I guess he wanted to claim it as his own since it had not been entered in the records. :huh:
Jorge,
I guess the hunters name would still have to be listed and the guy who parted with 10K would just be listed as the owner. Makes me wonder though, how many book animals are there with improper hunter names? :huh:

dutchman

Yes I would. I could use the money. Otherwise, the head would be hanging in the basement 'cause the wife would say, "That doesn't go with our decor."

6wheeler

WR antlers

nicodemus said:
Nope. There`s some things that money just can`t buy.

At my house a set of antlers ain't one of them things that money just can't buy.
(Wave bye-bye to that ole deer head honey and say hello greenbacks.)
The only thing I would make sure of is that it would be known by my name sorta like the: Padgett Buck, Jordan Buck, Hanson Buck....etc..then my name lives on with the antlers no matter where they go. Everybody would know I killed it and I wouldn't have to put up with them coming to my house for a look see.

gabowman

I'd sell so quick your head would swim. I would make a replica first and use the rest to get me that much closer to retirement so I could be A FULL-TIME hunter! :bounce: :bounce:

Ol' Buckmaster

No way. I wouldn't sell one of my "trophy" (pee-wee) mounts for $100,000, much less a world record.