Y'all look at my piggy gun

Jody Hawk

I got me a Marlin 22 mag so I can slip around those B.F.Grant bottoms and try to shoot a piggy. I then topped it with a $30 Bushnell scope and now I only need a sling. Less than $250 in it. What ya think?:D

......now Arrow3 is gonna have to get him one so we can eradicate those Grant rooters.

Attachments

• 22 mag_01.jpg
    22 mag_01.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 410

LJay

Retired Mod
Jody, where'd you find that? I still got to get me something
so we can go.

Jody Hawk

Larry,
Got the rifle at WalMart for $181.61 tax included. Box of bullets for $7.85. Then went to Franklin's and got the scope and rings for $53.48. Total price $242.94 !!!!:clap: You need to get you one and we'll get after some pork.:D

Hoyt man

jody do you think its small enough for j.r to carry around and shoot? nice gun great price

Randy

Jody Hawk said:
Larry,
Got the rifle at WalMart for $181.61 tax included. Box of bullets for $7.85. Then went to Franklin's and got the scope and rings for $53.48. Total price $242.94 !!!!:clap: You need to get you one and we'll get after some pork.:D

Just curious why didn't you get the scope and rings at wally world?

spaceman

marlin 22 mag

I got the same one at wally world at the start of the season to shoot pigs in the head also. Thought it would do good for yotes also. Good choice!!

Meriwether Mike

I have the same rifle Jody. I just need to add the scope to finish the drill.

Arrow3

I want one too....I called around to pawn shops today and only found one....It was more then what Jody paid for a new one..:hair:

Don't worry Jody...I'll have one before long...:)

gordylew

Man you work fast! That money was a burnin a hole in them pockets. The Ruger shoots great, Thanks Gordon and good luck on the pigs.

Jody Hawk

gordylew said:
Man you work fast! That money was a burnin a hole in them pockets. The Ruger shoots great, Thanks Gordon and good luck on the pigs.

That worked out great Gordon. You got a gun that you can use and I got one that I can use. I left you and rode all the way to Bass Pro and they didn't have a 22 mag under $275. They were out of Marlins and Savages.They told me to go to Bullseye Gun Shop in Lawrenceville. He said that I would find one there. Again no 22 mag. Found one at WalMart, five minutes from the house.:D

pnome

nice rifle there Jody.

I assume you got it for hunting hogs during small game dates on WMAs right?

So, where ya gonna go hunt with it?

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
Nice rifle...

Here's mine, its a Marlin 983s with a 3x9x40 Nikon Buckmasters on it. My wife gave it to me for Christmas. I have already killed 2 piggy's with on Ocmulgee WMA with it, a Remington 40 gr. PSP at the base of the ear drops them in thier tracks.

Last edited:

pnome

Jody Hawk said:
Yep, only small game weapons during small game dates.

Alright then, you keep your secrets then. :)

I went out to Dawson Forest last weekend looking for hogs (and scouting for Turkey season), saw no sign of em.