Anyone reloading for the 243 wssm?

PAUL JOHNSON

I dont reload and would like to try some different ammo besides the ballistic stuff Winchester has. Can someone help me out

Thanks
Paul

captainhook

If you can find some Winchester is loading 95 gr XP3's for the 243WSSM and 243 win. I have some ordered for my Encore Prohunter barrel in 243 win. You would know that they would put a decent deer bullet in a 243WSSM after I sold my Abolt last year.

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
Don't use reloads unless YOU reload them. WSSMs shoot very well if your barrel is cleaned after 7 shots even with factory ammo. They seem to shoot better with maximum loads. They DO NOT LIKE FOWLING in the barrels. The pressure for a 3006 is around 49,000. WSSMs are up around 65,000 and I would not trust someone else reloading for me with these kind of pressures. I reload for mine plus many other calibers. You also have to bump the shoulder when sizing the cases. WSSMs are a lot different than reloading most any other caliber.

"Aim small miss small", :)

gt40

PAUL JOHNSON

Thanks for the help and info guys. I didnt really think about it GT but I guess you right about shooting something someone else has loaded. Guess I'm gonna have to learn to reload.