Rum Creek?

fasn8nmom

I will be hunting Rum Creek for the first time this year. I am wondering if anyone can tell me where to find a map for area. ::huh:
Thanks

D

dave

Call the game mgt office for that area and request a map. They will mail you one free of charge. The game mgt offices are listed in the front of the regs, and can also be viewed online at The DNR Website

fasn8nmom

Thanks Dave
I called DNR today and they actually referred me to another web site for a list of all WMA maps in the state.
www.georgiaoutdoors.com
You guys should check it out :cool:

D

dave

fasn8nmom said:
Thanks Dave
I called DNR today and they actually referred me to another web site for a list of all WMA maps in the state.
www.georgiaoutdoors.com
You guys should check it out :cool:

I would have given you the GA Outdoors link, however the maps they have are old and outdated for many WMAs. They have a snapshot of the maps before the DNR pulled them from the state website. It would be wise to check with the Game Mgt office that handles the area you will be hunting in to make sure it is current.

Wouldn't want to trespass.

:speechles :speechles :speechles

Rum Creek

Fasn8nmom
A buddy and I are also hunting Rum Creek for the first time this year. Did you have any luck finding a good map. Seems like the DNR would have sent us more than just a postcard for the quota hunt. Let me know if you find out anything good. Unless you dont want to give your secrets up :D

fasn8nmom

Monroehunter
The link I posted earlier does have a map of Rum Creek.
I hunt in Jones Co. (Juliette) in a club there and stopped by Rum Creek last week. They have a map up at the check in station and the map seems to be the same on that is posted on line. I am very excited, I see deer all the time when traveling back and forth to deer camp on Rum Creek property. In fact I saw a very nice 8 pointer in the creek last week-end when I went down. :clap:

fasn8nmom

Thats pretty funny I hunt in Monroe County off of Hwy 83 not to far from ya. I have heard that have the deer there (Rum Creek). Hows the hunting been in your area so far this year? Thanks for the information If i hear anything else ill keep you posted.

Deerhead

MonoreHunter

Where off of 83 do you hunt? I hunt off of 83 also.

I was at Rum Creek and saw 4 doe three weeks ago. There are lots of good sign!

WishboneW

Rum Creek has a ladies only modern firearms hunt starting Oct. 7 and going through the 9th. What a deal!

You should check it out. Lots of nice deer on Rum Creek.

fasn8nmom

Wishbone Thanks-
Talked to my sister about that and we may try and get together for that one if we can. ::; Wish us luck!

BBond

The map at the web site that fasn8nmom posted is the same exact map used by the DNR. Not all the maps on the site are good but Rum Creek's still is. We should have a good showing this weeks ladies only hunt.