any word on Redlands?

robinsonfam1

we hunted today at redlands and had no sign of any birds. tried 3 different places, no sounds, no tracks, no scat, no scratches....check station only had 2 reported, one being a jake.

am i in the wrong area or was it just really that quiet today?

i talked to 4 other hunters and they shared the same story.

let me hear what ya'll know!

thanks!

Jody Hawk

we hunted today at redlands and had no sign of any birds. tried 3 different places, no sounds, no tracks, no scat, no scratches....check station only had 2 reported, one being a jake.

thanks!

I could fire a shotgun on my club and you could hear it from Redlands. Our birds wore it out this morning. Buddy of mine heard five tearing it up yesterday morning down near Augusta, not a peep this morning. :huh:

robinsonfam1

i had the same answer from another friend on a club next to redlands. He also said he has been having troubles anywhere from Florida to here. He said they all shut up since Thursday.....figures...
i figured the nice weather and they would be out big time, you know, flying kites on this breezy day...lol

greenhead84

All I know is I couldn't get into any of my hot spots, that place is covered up with.......

Hunters and Coyotes!!!!

3darcher

We did not hear any gobbles on Redlands yesterday.
No tracks, no scratches, no sign of birds???

way too much coyote sign.

Hunter Haven

The birds are there somewhere guys.......

Think about it, there's way too much land tied up in the Redlands for the turkeys not to be there.... and add the fact that it is public land just about solidifies all the negative responses you'll recieve from others hunting there

Tailfeather

It was pretty slow. Heard 2 birds Sat, called in a jake. Didn't hear the first gobble til after 8:00. Heard one bird gobble 3 times this morning.....

3darcher

thanks!

Yeah, I agree. 5 full pages of hunters signed in at the check station and only two birds signed out.

robinsonfam1

well.....we wont talk about it but i was unable to go today...

yesterday we went down a couple roads and saw nothing but yote tracks and scat. i was hoping it wasnt the story for the whole area.

i will move to the other end of the wma next time and see what i can see.

Hawken2222

I hunted Redlands Saturday. I didn't hear the first gobble. I saw some turkey sign, but not a lot.