Privacy Fence

bubdog

Has anyone had any privacy fence installed lately and do you remember about how much it cost per linear foot. I am looking to have about 300 feet ran with one gate large enough for a truck to drive thru. Thanks for any help.

BoxerLuvr

@ 2 months ago i paid $10.50/ft. But it was less than a hundred feet. You might be able to get it for less for 300'. However the gate will probably cost $2-300.oo extra.

beauluckie

My Information Could Be A Little Off Being That I'm In South Ga. But I Just Put Up 500+/- Feet On My Own. It Cost Me Less Than Half Of What I Got A Quote For From A Fence Guy. I Had Lots Of Free Help But It Was Worth It.

J

JR

I can check the exact cost, but this time a year ago I had "First Fence" instally about 300' for me. Two 'double' gates (8' ea.) and one 'single' gate (4') with 'decortive' posts and a 'reverse-scalloped' top and it ran me about $4,000. I has a deal from the "Money Mailer" that gave me like 2 gates free or something like that... It was kinda pricey, but with their warranty, and "picket replacement", they were better than ANYBODY! And I haggled the guy down too! They sent 3 guys on the day promised, and had it ALL DONE that same day!

Jim Baker

Staff member
Materials will cost about $6.75 to 7.50 per foot. That will give an idea what the contractor is making. Don't let someone put up prebuilt panels. Make sure they use hot dip galvanized ring shank nail. Three nails per picket per stringer.

You can get by with two 6ft wood framed gates if they are built right for a double gate. Which I charge and additional $150 to build plus $25.00 hardware. If you want a single gate you will need a metal frame gate, proably going to cost additional $300+.

georgian76

My Information Could Be A Little Off Being That I'm In South Ga. But I Just Put Up 500+/- Feet On My Own. It Cost Me Less Than Half Of What I Got A Quote For From A Fence Guy. I Had Lots Of Free Help But It Was Worth It.

the same thing for me two years ago. i had a guy come give me a free estimate, after he left, you can go to home depot and they can put it in there computer and tell you how much it will cost. they deleivered all the materials for free and it really was not that hard to do.

tv_racin_fan

True, it isn't that hard to do, but a good fence installer knows all sorts of tricks that make it look much better than almost any home installed fence I have ever seen. I did some fence work myself and I know I could almost always recognize a fence installed by the company I worked for over even the better installers around. AND I only worked for them a short time.