Water leak

hawgrider1200

When I hooked up city water to this used camper I bought I got a really big leak. Could not keep the water on cuz it was flooding the camper. So I got one of those faucet valves that has two outlets and put it in the place the city water hooks up. Then I hooked the water hose from the house to the camper and had my SIL turn on the H2O while I tried to find the leak. It appears to be behind the stove. I can't really see it yet, so I think I gotta pull the stove. I haven't really looked yet to see if I can figure out what has to be taken loose to pull the stove. If any of yall have had to pull one please give me some insight on what all it takes to do this job.

deerehauler

Most stoves are easy to pull. Screws under burner lid into side of counter. If you got an oven to there will be some along bottom edges. you will also need to disconnect propane line. after reinstalling and hooking it back up leak check the propane line with some soapy water.

hawgrider1200

OK, thanks for the information. I did not have to pull it after all. I got all ready to pull it, took the propane line loose and looked at the screws. They have some kinda weird head on em. Not torx not phillips, look kinda square. I was fixing to try to go find a driver for that one when I decided to look at the plumbing again. I pulled a little on a line here and there and found one that was not connected. It had actually broken loose from a tee in the floor and I'd overlooked that tee with the piece of fitting still on it. Looks like someone broke the line and hid it over behind the stove. (former owner maybe) Giving him the benefit of the doubt maybe the fitting just got hit by a heavy object while the TT was rolling down the road and the line swung up behind the stove. I felt like such an idiot overlooking that broken fitting and all. The line was the one directly connected to the fitting on the outside where u hook up campground water. I'm a newbie to TT is there a special word for that? I went to the local Ace hardware store and they did not have the plastic line like came out of the TT but for $13 they were able to get me two braided faucet lines we connected with a nipple. It did the job and now I have no leak.I don't believe that steel fitting that is on the end of that line will not break like that plastic stuff did. Now I gotta figure out why the self contained water pump won't come on. Some body said there is a switch for it but I'll b hanged if I can find it. Guess I'll try to trace the wires on that tomorrow or sumthing. I wanted to turkey hunt instead.

deerehauler

switch is usually a light switch or a little switch like you would use for foglights. They are usually installed around the sink or in the bathroom on the wall. If pressure is already built up or you have city water hooked in and on the pump will not run. Pump is on demand only. You will hear it run when you turn a faucet on. Any help you need let me know I worked on them for awhile as a tech at a big RV dealership. :cheers: