need pellet gun for house

msj91

What is the best pellet gun for around the house just to pop some squirrel and take care of the possems at night around the house. i live in neighbor hood so needs to be quite that is why i dont bring out .22 what would be best

olchevy

I know your going to laugh or think Im kidding, but on the possum a machete.....
Squirels....a sling shot

msj91

i have a daisy pump i shoot squirrels with but all it does is sting them and they go to barkin like crazy u can hear bb hit them

jkkj

Get a daisy, my boy has got one.He has killed squirells,birds,shot out one window,and shot 3 holes in the vinyl on the storage shed..You can shoot or kill bout anything with a daisy.

holton27596

a 22 cb is actually quieter than a spring action pellet gun. you can also take a 223, drill the primer out of a fired cartridge so that it will take a 209 shot gun primer. Insert the primer in and than insert a 22 pellet in the end. Outstanding velocity and quiet!

a 22 cb is actually quieter than a spring action pellet gun. you can also take a 223, drill the primer out of a fired cartridge so that it will take a 209 shot gun primer. Insert the primer in and than insert a 22 pellet in the end. Outstanding velocity and quiet!

Wow! I think someone just wanted to find a way to bring their AR out in the city. Who figured this out?

I have a scoped Crosman 800 FPS Spring Piston .177 air rifle that stays by the door. It's deadly and not very loud. I used to use a 10-pump gun, but got tired of pumping.

Got a SportsmansGuide catalog today. Have a Walther Force 1000, .177 rifle in there with a 4x32 scope for $79 / 1,000 FPS single cock.

Last edited:

redlevel

Luckily, everyone in my neighborhood is from the country originally. I use a 20 gauge with low-pressure 2-1/2" shells, or a 12 gauge with 2" low pressure shells. My brother has a .410 he uses. Neighbor down the road uses 20 gauge. When the neighbors hear one of us shoot, they just say, "Yessss! Another attic rat gone!"

Last edited:

Eddie Munster

Gamo is a pretty good gun that will kill them with a body shot and will actually flip them with a headshot. You can do pretty good with a Daisy pump though which is what I use now. The 'attic rats' in my yard are pretty wary when they hear the garage door open these days. Now I just ease the gun out the back door and plink them.

bearpugh

Gone but not forgotten
+1 on the silent .22's. quieter than a pellet gun.

holton27596

There used to be a place that sold the 223 cartridges modified for the 209 primers, but I cannot remember the place. I use a walther .22 pellet gun around the house. I have chronographed the .22 pellets at 900fps. The rifle was around 230 scope and all. But it is LOUD. I shot a squirrel crossways through the shoulders and it amost blew the shoulder off coming out the far side. And this was with regular pellets. the gamo pellets are supposed to be 25% faster.