Wildcat Creek

Tank1202

Was`up at Wildcat Creek this weekend and ran into two local fellows that said they were closing it to the public at the end of the month. I sure hope not I've been going there for 30 plus years. Does anybody know if its true?

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Yep, I believe they were josh'n ya.

I found out what they are going to do....Wildcat will be taken over by a private organization....same what happened to Boggs....and if you ask me there is better conservation and better kept up....Chattahoochee Adventures or Outdoors runs Boggs....Wildcast will be taken over by a river keeper

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
I found out what they are going to do....Wildcat will be taken over by a private organization....same what happened to Boggs....and if you ask me there is better conservation and better kept up....Chattahoochee Adventures or Outdoors runs Boggs....Wildcast will be taken over by a river keeper

Where did you get this info,very interesting.

killNgrill

So from what i understand, Lake Burton WMA is no longer a WMA, but is now just a part of CNF?
We will be camping up there next week, ill let yall know if i find out anything about Wildcat Creek, but i think we are going to give the Tallulah a try.

killNgrill

Got back last night from our trip to Lake Burton. We camped on what used to be Lake Burton WMA- now just part of the CNF.

Wildcat creek... still open, and still holding trout- too bad we didnt catch any but we saw a few.

Lake Burton hatchery... still open and loaded with fish.

We rafted the Chattooga as well, and had an awesome trip.