anyone want to do a fly swap

flybum84

Anyone want to do another fly swap. I know some of ya'll just got done with one, I'm sorry I missed it. I'm itchin to do one of these and need to start tying some flies. anyone up for one?

WinMag.300

Always

ready. What you thinking? lets doe something besides terrestrials.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
I'm in.Whatcha think'n about tyin?

flybum84

really I'm up for anything. what stuff have ya'll done besides terrestrials? maybe something like limiting the materials used, favorite fly, or flies for a targeted species. Any Ideas?

Toxic

I am a noob to tying, so before I join in will see what kind flies were talking about tying first.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
We've done Fav.fly and Terrestrials. Anything else will be new.I did a few in the hobby forum before we had the FF forum but they don't count.:D

flybum84

well how about since you guys just got done with terrestrials we'll go to dry flies and work our way through the water?

Toxic try it no matter what. It'll be good practice no matter what we decide. Just pick a recipe and tie. Plus doing a bunch of the same will help you out alot with tying diffrent parts of a fly. Don't forget that everyone started out as a newbe

Toxic

I am not one to turn down a challenge ! will give it a go, count me in

Tightliner

Count me in. How bout a BWO?

Later.............................................

Tightliner

That (size) was going to be one of my questions on down the line. I was thinkin #20 for versatility, but 24 will be no problem (I'm pretty sure I've got the hooks in stock). If that what ya'll want, I'll be glad to provide. To be quite honest, I have trouble tyin big flies!:(

Later...........................................

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
I'd be up for a #20 but #24 will work to.

I wuz just josh'n,but I have 22's and 20's but I don't know if I have 24's. But I could get some if y'all decide to to the midge size flies for this swap. I would say let's do an 18 or smaller swap for fun,but I ain't the host for this one.I will defer that decision to flybum84.:cheers:

Tightliner

Here is what I found at home today at lunch. No 24's. I do however have eight #26 and quite a few 28's (upturned eyes). Could mix and match or if ya'll prefer could do em in 18's or 20's (or larger if you want). Your call;). Also, could do either dunns or emergers, again, your call. I'm in the process of stocking up on 20's for Baetis season on the Bow. Headed to Alberta 2nd week in Sept:D. .

Later............................................

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
I'm in the process of stocking up on 20's for Baetis season on the Bow. Headed to Alberta 2nd week in Sept:D. . [/QUOTE said:
Must be nice!:biggrin3:

flybum84

Well guys I just looked at my supply and I've got everything down to #22s. So how about we make it #18 and smaller. Do you guys still want to tie Blue Wing Olives or you want some more baetis patterns Tightliner(you lucky dog!)? Also what do ya'll think about doing duns this time and start working our way through the water column(emergers next followed but wets, then nymphs) then starting streamers or something?

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Well guys I just looked at my supply and I've got everything down to #22s. So how about we make it #18 and smaller. Do you guys still want to tie Blue Wing Olives or you want some more baetis patterns Tightliner(you lucky dog!)? Also what do ya'll think about doing duns this time and start working our way through the water column(emergers next followed but wets, then nymphs) then starting streamers or something?

Sounds good to me. You make the call,post the rules and I will stick it.
I will unstick mine and just let it drift down stream now.

WinMag.300

I will

tie up some stimulators if we are going dries.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
A size 18 or smaller stimulator! Now that would be cool.