peanut feilds

I Do a lot of goose hunting in north ga and have talked to some folks that deer hunt in middle or south ga and say they see geese in the peanut fields pretty often. I was just wondering if anyone can tell me if it would be worth my time to drive down there and do some scouting. any words of wisdom are greatly appreciated!

clent586

I have already asked this in the form of PM's. The reponses were vague and the biggest thing was that they hit the p-nuts if the fields flood??

Mark K

Banned
Yes, they are covered up in geese. BUT, unless you got some names to throw around I don't know how many opportunities you'll get. Most are family farms and you got to have connections. You could try the old I didn't know this was your land thing - but make sure you have the local GW and Sheriff number to save your tail when you get caught. Farmers generally have there own "law" to deal with trespassers, so LE'S can actually be your friend. If you've got friends come on down.

Nimrod71

We have a lot of peanuts here and geese to, but I have never seen any geese in a peanut field. I see them in pastures and open fields. I don't know of anyone around here that actively hunts geese. They must not taste good because we have 1000's here and I haven't seen or heard of any one killing any.

georgiaboy

I hunt alot of peanut fields near Tifton and I have never seen the first goose or duck on the fields I hunt. I asked the owner of the farm and he doesn't see them either. I wish there were because he would let me bust 'em.

Delane01

In all my 47 years of hunting, including peanut fields, I've seen only one goose (a snow goose) in a peanut field. It was in December1979 in a field in Hartsfield . A heavy fog had set in and that was the only goose around.

Mark K

Banned
Leave Sylvester on Hwy.33 north. Once out of town look for peanut fields. They will be the ones with geese. Or you can leave out on Hwy 313 north and do the same. Or take Hwy 256 towards Scooterville and do the same. Or take Hwy 82 west and before you get in Albany look there also.

Thanks guys for all the feed back, good and bad!! I have had some guys I trust tell me there are quite a few birds down there just wanted to see if I could get some input from some locals. I think Ill burn some gas to come check it out!