There's an atheist forum?

RThomas

So, I haven't visited the forums for about two years now. I was browsing the internets on my lunch break and thought I'd check out my old haunt. And there's now an atheist forum. Wow.
So, I'm thinking Woody's is really branching out, or they just needed a place to stick all the troublemakers.
I'll probably regret posting this as I'll get sucked back into this time-sink, but oh well.
How's the hunting?

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR

Like Joan of Ark:bounce:

Not really for troublemakers. More of a way for people of different beliefs to share common grounds with like minded members:love:

CraigM

So just because they are an Athiest they are trouble makers? I tell ya what to be a Religion based on acceptance and forgiveness most Christians seem to be the snobbiest most intolerant people I've ever met. Only second to Liberals

ETA. For what it's worth I'm not an Athiest

pnome

So just because they are an Athiest they are trouble makers? I tell ya what to be a Religion based on acceptance and forgiveness most Christians seem to be the snobbiest most intolerant people I've ever met. Only second to Liberals

For what it's worth, I am. :)

RThomas

Craig, I'm not saying atheists are troublemakers. I was just referring to how some others probably perceived us. Questioning makes people uncomfortable.

CraigM

Craig, I'm not saying atheists are troublemakers. I was just referring to how some others probably perceived us. Questioning makes people uncomfortable.

ok. I was just saying that no ones religion or beliefs offend me, but the way some people try to push their own beliefs down someone else's throat does. Like I said i had a lapse of comprehension. Sorry guys

stringmusic

how did you know he was a Christian?

ambush80

The "Apologetics" are apparently anyone who wants to interject scripture into a Humanist discussion.

RThomas

I get the atheist and agnostic part but who are the apologetics?

Yeah, I thought the "Apologetics" part was pretty strange. The only thing in common with Atheist/Agnostic is that they all start with "A". Maybe the mods are trying to say this is the new religious debate forum.

The wikipedia version:
"Apologetics is the discipline of defending a position (usually religious) through the systematic use of reason.

Early Christian writers (c 120-220) who defended their faith against critics and recommended their faith to outsiders were called apologists.[1]

In modern times, apologists refers to authors, writers, editors or academic journals, and leaders known for defending the points in arguments, conflicts or positions that receive great popular scrutinies or are minority views."

emusmacker

Next thing we know there will probably be a forum for homosexuals? I'm sure there are some of them that hunt and enjoy the outdoors.

Next thing we know there will probably be a forum for homosexuals? I'm sure there are some of them that hunt and enjoy the outdoors.

You're the first to bring it up that I'm aware of.

campinnurse

Yeah, I thought the "Apologetics" part was pretty strange. The only thing in common with Atheist/Agnostic is that they all start with "A". Maybe the mods are trying to say this is the new religious debate forum.

The wikipedia version:
"Apologetics is the discipline of defending a position (usually religious) through the systematic use of reason.

Early Christian writers (c 120-220) who defended their faith against critics and recommended their faith to outsiders were called apologists.[1]

In modern times, apologists refers to authors, writers, editors or academic journals, and leaders known for defending the points in arguments, conflicts or positions that receive great popular scrutinies or are minority views."
Thanks for the info- interesting. I enjoy reading educated debate on these posts. Keep it coming!

emusmacker

Six million dollar ham, you guilty? The hit dog always hollers.

Six million dollar ham, you guilty? The hit dog always hollers.

Of what? Pointing out that you're the first person to mention a separate forum for gay people? Why would you bring it up anyway?