Lucked up today

Craigaria

Me and a friend were driving back to his house today and he asked me if I wanted to see some turkeys. He said he has been seeing a large flock every day in a field at a house near his place. He also said that there was about 5 long beards in the group.

As we drove by, there were no turkeys in the field because the homeowner was out cutting the grass. I pulled a u-turn and pulled in to talk to the homeowner. I told "her" that we had noticed the turkeys in her yard and asked her if she allowed anyone to hunt them. Just as I was expecting her to say "GET OFF MY LAND", she said she would love for us to hunt then because they were scratching up her yard and flower beds :cool:

She said there is a group of about 15 turkey that stay in her yard almost all day, and she wanted us to shoot them all. We told her it was illegal to shoot hens and she sounded dissapointed about that. Anyhow, they own about thirty acres and it looks like we will be hunting out there opening weekend.

I love it when a plan comes together:fine:

A friend of ours killed his biggest buck after he saw it from the road. He pulled up in the driveway and asked permission to hunt the property. Landowner said, "Go kill him right now if you want to." He grabbed his rifle and slipped down the treeline and BOOM.

Craigaria

A friend of ours killed his biggest buck after he saw it from the road. He pulled up in the driveway and asked permission to hunt the property. Landowner said, "Go kill him right now if you want to." He grabbed his rifle and slipped down the treeline and BOOM.

Nice!

I have learned that if you ask for permission, the worst thing they can say is no

Arrow3

Nice! I love it when it works out like that...

Craigaria

It kills me to think about the devastation these turkeys are causing to this poor family and their landscaping.:mad:

I will not rest until these gobblers are stopped

fatduckboy

say hello to my little friend......... BOOM!

Craigaria

!!!COMPLETE AND TOTAL DISASTER!!!

The woman's husband called me today and said we couldn't hunt:banginghe

He said she doesn't like the turkeys, but he likes to watch them???

I offered to pay, but he said he doen't want them hunted. I knew it was too good to be true:mad:

CassGA

!!!COMPLETE AND TOTAL DISASTER!!!

The woman's husband called me today and said we couldn't hunt:banginghe

He said she doesn't like the turkeys, but he likes to watch them???

I offered to pay, but he said he doen't want them hunted. I knew it was too good to be true:mad:

Sounds like my kinda luck:banginghe. Bummer man!