what kind of tracks are these?

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
I would say mink.

buttplate

childers

I don't know much about the smaller mammals. but its definitely not coon. Maybe a small cal. Since the ground is frozen, It means it is winter. That rules out a baby bobcat. Its not a canine with that pad. I don't think mink. The toes don't look spread out enough. Where was this picture taken?

copperheadmike

I don't know guys, looks an awful lot like a dang ole puddy tat. Good Lord how I hate em! Choot em, trap em, run em over twice, if they ain't in a yard, barn, or a house those cats gotta go!

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
I don't know much about the smaller mammals. but its definitely not coon. Maybe a small cal. Since the ground is frozen, It means it is winter. That rules out a baby bobcat. Its not a canine with that pad. I don't think mink. The toes don't look spread out enough. Where was this picture taken?

on a creek about 10 feet wide, just below my knife about 6 inches is the edge of the water. really rocky place. about a half mile from the nearest house.

T

Mr.MainFrame10

It really could be several things..., mink, weasel, squirrel, baby critter of some sort. No telling I guess!

childers

my three guesses not knowing what part of Ga you are in, but I do believe you are Northern zone, not to far from me I will say small fox, weasel or feral cat

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
if its a housecat it better step to cause it's deep in coyote controlled territory.

T

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
whatever it is it sure did stay right on the edge of the water and liked investigating all the holes in the bank

T

RNC

you was doodlin in the stand an this is another trap troll threads .... you made them with a fawn bleat by the way:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:[

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
My guess is a mink. Plus, they tend to be nosy anyway.

copperheadmike

Baby-sat a friends 8 month old bobcat while he was deployed. Its paws were more than double that size. Kinda like looking at the paws of a pup, most of the time they are oversized.

I still say domestic cat and recommend immediate eradication. They cause more damage to the local wildlife than any other predator that I am aware of. They are especially hard on song birds but also do a number on rabbits and other small mammals. If I find them in a rural setting and am reasonably sure they are feral, I take them out. Heck, if I can't see their home, they are in my territory. About the only thing coyotes are good for in my opinion.

childers

Baby-sat a friends 8 month old bobcat while he was deployed. Its paws were more than double that size. Kinda like looking at the paws of a pup, most of the time they are oversized.

I still say domestic cat and recommend immediate eradication. They cause more damage to the local wildlife than any other predator that I am aware of. They are especially hard on song birds but also do a number on rabbits and other small mammals. If I find them in a rural setting and am reasonably sure they are feral, I take them out. Heck, if I can't see their home, they are in my territory. About the only thing coyotes are good for in my opinion.
Yep, not much worse than a feral cat population. That's a lot of disease too!