This Forum

mtr3333

Banned
Unfortunately many of the guides had to stop posting due to the amount of people that would see them catching fish and then come out the following day(s) and crowd around them. Same goes for many of the regular guys on here. Basically a lack of respect. The internet has changed information sharing for better or worse. For every 1 person posting, there are probably 25 "guests" reading these threads and using the information to their advantage.
I'm sure the guides meant the "reports" to be all to their own advantage. Kind of a catch 22 when guides often use the forum to promote their businesses with free advertising by giving "fishing reports" that are just full of pics with happy clients holding fish, yet devoid of any substantial techniques or tactics. It's a bed they made. If they gamble on advertising here without giving tactics or details, of course people are going to go see for themselves. What is the reader's advantage to seeing pics without "how to"? We can pull up pics all over the place 24/7.

I would never give up one of my tournament holes on this forum. But, I will share whatever details I can to anyone who wants to know techniques with which I have had success. That's the meat of a report. Give tactics without really giving up fishing locations. Pictures by themselves are just a tease. The same goes for a layout of certain baits in a picture. These fish will eat the same ol stuff that's been around for 40-50 years right out of the pack.

Lastly, I think apathy plays a part as well. This board has been around a while and many folks don't respond to general topics that may have been covered multiple times in the past. I encourage folks to use the "Search" feature. A few keywords will unlock more threads than you can read in a day and contain valuable information.

Very good advice. The best threads come from people who share selflessly.

Sweetwater

At 49 I've been there and done that,tournments,big lakes and the whole nine yards.Now verses a crowded lake I enjoy the peace and solitude that small waters offer and simply just enjoy fishing be it crappie,bream,bass or whatever is biting at the time and I'll even brave the river during the spring striper and hybrid run.I still fish some big lakes from time to time but it's usually in the winter when the crowds have left.
If catching a giant bass from small water is easy then I would catch a double digit every time I went.

Same here.

And lemme put this out there. The small waters I fish aint farm ponds, nor do I go places that are popular much. I prefer finding water that no one has fished and finding-patterning them myself. Aint nothing easy about that...that's why I enjoy it.

Folks that fish big waters want to degrade small water fishing as shooting fish in a barrel? All the big reservoirs are well known and patterned already...with fishing reports going back decades. There aint no secrets at Lanier, Toona, and west point. The fish do about the same things at the same places at certain times of the year....the challenge at big waters is not getting run over and trying to be discrete when catching one.

Tmpr111

I think the "search" option is great too, but it's also nice to hear new thoughts and opinions that may have changed over time or as technology has changed.

I have commented on the same topic on different threads numerous times, me don't mind...

riprap

Most topics have been covered. There should a seperate section for people to advertise their business.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Most topics have been covered. There should a seperate section for people to advertise their business.

You would have to move all your BB Boom promotional posts there, just sayin'. :bounce:

fish hawk

Bass Master
Whenever I post a trip report it goes into the kayak forum because thats what I spend a majority of my time fishing from now a days.If someone ask a question about a rod,reel or technique I'm familiar with I'll normally chime in

sinclair1

The old days of a mix of nonsense and serious threads were fun. I remember some threads having over a hundred people in them. Shoal bass, judge, riprap bass07, mtr333, fishlipps etc laughing and acting a fool. Some took it to serious and wAnted them to leave, they did and this is exactly what you ask for, a boring forum.
God forbid someone point out that 4 lber is not 13::ke:

CatchinBEES

I'll be sure to post my fishing report next time I go- just to keep you enticed. I scroll this forum daily for interesting fishing conversations and truly appreciate posts from Lanier Jim and Jim Farmer.

Tmpr111

Whenever I post a trip report it goes into the kayak forum because thats what I spend a majority of my time fishing from now a days.If someone ask a question about a rod,reel or technique I'm familiar with I'll normally chime in

I enjoy reading this section!!! However I don't have a yak or canoe :(

riprap

The old days of a mix of nonsense and serious threads were fun. I remember some threads having over a hundred people in them. Shoal bass, judge, riprap bass07, mtr333, fishlipps etc laughing and acting a fool. Some took it to serious and wAnted them to leave, they did and this is exactly what you ask for, a boring forum.
God forbid someone point out that 4 lber is not 13::ke:

I got quite a few PM's about how those bb boom posts made their day. I can understand people being tired of something. Everytime somebody had a legitimate lure question somebody would chime in with bb boom and the bashing of the selfie king with his big bass got old. For the most part though people respected other people's serious threads. Not many questions anymore as Google and YouTube can get you most of the answers you're looking for.