***General Discussion Weather Thread #5 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbird1

Somebody in the Ga. mountains has some good snow coverage...you can see it on the higher elevations from 400 at the Forsyth-Dawson line.

smokey30725

Dang it, once again the severe threat looks like it's camped out on top of my house.

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
Somebody in the Ga. mountains has some good snow coverage...you can see it on the higher elevations from 400 at the Forsyth-Dawson line.

Yesterday, there was a clearly defined snow line starting at about 2500' that covered everything. Frozen trees, limbs, leaves, everything. The sun melted a lot of that today even though we never got above freezing. Now, the line is still there, but it's mostly snow on the ground.

I know one thing, It's days like today that make me glad I work inside.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
My temp and rainfall chart from my wx station beginning on the 9th. 42 was the high today

Attachments

• week cht 031217.jpg
    week cht 031217.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 299

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Yesterday, there was a clearly defined snow line starting at about 2500' that covered everything. Frozen trees, limbs, leaves, everything. The sun melted a lot of that today even though we never got above freezing. Now, the line is still there, but it's mostly snow on the ground.

The rime ice line looks about 4,000' here this evening. Tops of the mountains are all sparkly white.

jbird1

Sweet!...now I know where that 2500' line is. The snow appeared to be on the more Eastern mtns. vs. the Western, and my view was South and East facing slopes.

smokey30725

Any changes in that system that Miggy was looking at for next week?

smokey30725

Hey Miggy, end of the week still looking rocky around here?

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Nice balmy 25* here for the first day of spring.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

Attachments

• day2otlk_0600.gif
    day2otlk_0600.gif
    25.5 KB · Views: 304
Status
Not open for further replies.