AR 15's 5.56/ 300 Black Out both with thermal
White County hay fields
clear, steady wind, fairly bright
foxpro MFK vocals cotton tail wood pecker and kitten distress
1 Group Heard
0 seen
0 killed

Hunted a few sets on my buddies farm it was dead as a door nail

Hey guys, not really an update post but more of questions/ advice.

I started trying my hand with coyote hunting around January of this year due to a growing coyote population on my families land that is decimating our turkey population.
I have learned a lot and have even killed a bobcat but no yotes yet.
I have been researching, studying, and hunting weekly. I have also been primarily hunting at night and have gotten to where I am getting howls and yips in response to my vocals but haven’t got them to dedicate to coming in.

I was just looking for advice or maybe even someone in the north Ga area I could tag along with to pick up some pointers and learn from. I am definitely addicted to the hunt at this point but feel like I e done everything and don’t know what to do at this point.

Thanks in advance!

chase870

Possum Sox
Hey guys, not really an update post but more of questions/ advice.

I started trying my hand with coyote hunting around January of this year due to a growing coyote population on my families land that is decimating our turkey population.
I have learned a lot and have even killed a bobcat but no yotes yet.
I have been researching, studying, and hunting weekly. I have also been primarily hunting at night and have gotten to where I am getting howls and yips in response to my vocals but haven’t got them to dedicate to coming in.

I was just looking for advice or maybe even someone in the north Ga area I could tag along with to pick up some pointers and learn from. I am definitely addicted to the hunt at this point but feel like I e done everything and don’t know what to do at this point.

Thanks in advance!
What county are you in

^ I mainly started for the same reason and just go between deer season and turkey season. They aren't much different than turkeys or any other animal in regards to being pressured so just keep that in mind if you're only hunting one property
Yea I have figured I’ve probably hunted them a little too hard as well making it pretty difficult. When I finally started getting some howls I got a little excited lol this makes three weeks in a row ,only hunting one night a week, that I have gotten responses but that’s it.

billc

Single hunter
243 bolt
Jones County food plot
Windy, 60 degrees, full moon but below tree tops
Foxpro
none heard
1 seen
1 kiled
Came in to nutty nuthatch but stayed in woods 10 yards out of plot while he circled 2/3 of plot, faded out of sight. Waited 5 minutes and ran Eastern Cottontail twice for 2 minutes. 5 minutes later he came into far edge of plot and gave me a shot. Picture from this morning

Attachments

• IMG_3054.jpg
    IMG_3054.jpg
    569 KB · Views: 13

chase870

Possum Sox
Single hunter
243 bolt
Jones County food plot
Windy, 60 degrees, full moon but below tree tops
Foxpro
none heard
1 seen
1 kiled
Came in to nutty nuthatch but stayed in woods 10 yards out of plot while he circled 2/3 of plot, faded out of sight. Waited 5 minutes and ran Eastern Cottontail twice for 2 minutes. 5 minutes later he came into far edge of plot and gave me a shot. Picture from this morning
Nice, I have killed more than one with nutty nut hatch

Keith Karr

3/20/2024
1 hunter
223 with thermal
Carroll county hayfields and pasture
Low 50’’s to upper 40’s light W wind
FoxPro X24 howls, fights and prey distress
One pair heard
2 seen
1 killed

Hunted by myself on the 20th and called in a pair on the 3rd stand. Shot the male.

IMG_0751.jpeg

Keith Karr

3/21/2024
2 hunters
223’s with thermal
Randolph county AL and Carroll county Ga hayfields and pasture
Mid 50’s light S wind
Several packs heard
7 seen
4killed

My buddy Ken and I got two pairs and had another pair run by us at probably less than 60 yards. They came in hard to poundtown and Ken didn’t mute the call….we couldn’t get them to stop.

We did a count down shot another yote at 250 yards together. I didn’t think we hit him till I looked at my video the next day. Looked like a solid hit so we probably killed 5 but don’t count them if we can’t get a picture of them.
IMG_0763.jpeg
IMG_0764.jpeg

Keith Karr

3/24/2024
3 hunters
223’s with thermal
Randolph county AL and Carroll county Ga hayfields and pasture
Mid 40’s strong east wind and full moon
Several heard
3 seen
1 killed

Ken, Cason and l hunted several stands and finally got one to commit suicide. Cason and I tag teamed him. A young mangy male.
IMG_0786.jpeg

chase870

Possum Sox
27 March 24
1 Hunter
AR 15 with thermal
Barrow County Back Yard / Bone Pile
Full Moon / cool light wind
No Call
0 Heard
1 Seen
1 Killed

So most nights I let the dog out and have a look around the yard with the thermal, and what do you know old La Trans is in the backyard right next to my bone pile and skull tree. I eased up on a tree, so I had a rest, and let La Trans hold a 60 Grain V-Max https://rumble.com/v4mnrth-the-v-max-hollar.html

Attachments

• IMG_1558.jpg
    IMG_1558.jpg
    429 KB · Views: 10

chase870

Possum Sox
7 April 24
1 Hunter
AR 15 with thermal
light wind dark cool temp
Oglethorpe County large food plot
foxpro baby cottontail Eastern cotton tail and jack rabbit distress
0 Heard
0 Seen
0 Killed

Took some stuff to the farm the other day and hunted a set. Never used any vocals just prey distress. No takers at all what so ever, not sure if a recent fire that got out of hand and burned a bunch of my property has had any affect on the Yotes yet or not

chase870

Possum Sox
16 April 24
2 Hunters
AR 15's with thermal
Oglethorpe County Hay fields and row crop fields
light south wind warm temp
foxpro vocals several different prey distress pound town
3 groups heard
0 seen
0 killed

Another dead night, I can't buy a yote. Heard some tonight when we pulled up to the gate at the second stand and I had some I could hear a good ways off on the first stand, but never got them to come to the call

Keith Karr

4/23/2024
2 hunters
223 and 6.5 with thermal
Haralson county cutover, hayfields and pasture
Upper 50’s light SW wind, very bright moon
FoxPro X24 howls, fights and pup distress
One heard
4 seen
3 killed - 4th one shot but ran off

Hunted 3 stands and called a pair in on the first two stands and nothing on the third one.

One male and two females. Both females were dry and apparently didn’t get bred.
IMG_0888.jpeg
IMG_0894.jpeg