1 Hunter
AR 15 with thermal
Barrow County hay field / pasture with cows
light wind, dark lots of shadows to hide in
Ichotech call cotton tail in distress, male howls
1 heard
1 seen
1 killed

After striking out in Morgan County I decided to stop and hunt a set on the way home in Barrow County. I eased into the field and put the call on a hay bail and noticed some pigs at the end of the field, figured I'd call a little before I worked on the pigs. I started with cottontail distress and say a yote in the next pasture over, there is a draw between the two, like the book says she popped out down wind of the call and was walking into a cross wind trying to catch scent. The only thing she caught was a 60 grain vmax. The pigs flinched a little and settled down pretty quickly. As I was moving a little closer to the pigs the male yote got to barking and raising sand never would come up out of the draw. Hes made with me that's the second girlfriend Hes lost in the last month or so

Attachments

• IMG_6583.JPG
    IMG_6583.JPG
    133.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_6580.JPG
    IMG_6580.JPG
    302.1 KB · Views: 10

Yotedawg

28 November 2022
1 Hunter
AR 15 with thermal
Barrow County hay field / pasture with cows
light wind, dark lots of shadows to hide in
Ichotech call cotton tail in distress, male howls
1 heard
1 seen
1 killed

After striking out in Morgan County I decided to stop and hunt a set on the way home in Barrow County. I eased into the field and put the call on a hay bail and noticed some pigs at the end of the field, figured I'd call a little before I worked on the pigs. I started with cottontail distress and say a yote in the next pasture over, there is a draw between the two, like the book says she popped out down wind of the call and was walking into a cross wind trying to catch scent. The only thing she caught was a 60 grain vmax. The pigs flinched a little and settled down pretty quickly. As I was moving a little closer to the pigs the male yote got to barking and raising sand never would come up out of the draw. Hes made with me that's the second girlfriend Hes lost in the last month or so
Don’t ya just love it when they stay just out of sight and bark and scream howl at you?

Yotedawg

12/1/22
2 hunters
6 creeds with thermal
50° calm
MFK vocals
2 heard
3 seen
1 killed

Two of the three Predator Outlaws got out for a couple of sets tonight. I had a conflict and couldn’t go but Mark and Strick called in a pair and a single and knocked one down that made it to the woods and put this one in the truck. MFK roo vocals were on fire. Another south Georgia dawg down.

Attachments

• 34FE66E3-6DB1-4449-8725-13E83289AAA2.jpeg
    34FE66E3-6DB1-4449-8725-13E83289AAA2.jpeg
    175.6 KB · Views: 4

chase870

Possum Sox
1 December 2022
1 Hunter
AR 15 with thermal
Barrow County pastures and old home place
bright moon little to no wind
Ichotech call invite howls feral cat hungry kittens and cotton tail distress
0 Heard
0 Seen
0 Killed

Buddy called and said the yotes were active around his house the night before and wanted me to come kill one. Nothing moving last night much around here

Yotedawg

12/6/22
2 hunters
6 creed and 243 AR’s with thermal
69° light wind
Grady county clearcut
TT, MFK, Foxpro vocals and distress
0 heard
0 seen
0 killed

The Predator Outlaws went out to a huge clearcut that we have had success at before. We are trying to hunt it as much as we can before the weeds get up. What we didnt know was the landowner had set fires to all the piles in the clearcut. The smoke hung low but the thermals cut through it. The dawgs, however, wanted nothing to do with it. The only thing we got was a double lung full of smoke and sore throats.

chase870

Possum Sox
10 December 22
1 Hunter
AR 15 and 220 Swift with thermal
Barrow County pastures with cows
Humid, cool, east wind, and overcast
ICHOTECH Call yote vocals, squealing baby jack, cotton tail, rat distress
0 heard
1 seen
0 killed

Hunted in front of the rain last night, be awhile since I hunted these two tracks just about gonna see LaTrans at least one set if I hunt both these tracts. First set produced nothing, the second set was text book perfect location wind direction the whole deal, this is where it was too easy. La Trans walks out in a wide open pasture just like he is supposed to but I had a hand held thermal in one hand and remote in the other. I rushed the shot thinking he was gonna get to the call before I could turn it off. LA Trans caught me off guard.
https://rumble.com/v203v9a-haircut.html?mref=wilnh&mc=1hobm

Keith Karr

Charlie I’ve missed 3 or 4 this year because I rushed my shot. This is my first year hunting coyotes at night and the excitement has gotten to me about every time.

Half the time I forget to hit the record button too…..at least you remembered that.

DustyRoads

10 December 22
1 Hunter
AR 15 and 220 Swift with thermal
Barrow County pastures with cows
Humid, cool, east wind, and overcast
ICHOTECH Call yote vocals, squealing baby jack, cotton tail, rat distress
0 heard
1 seen
0 killed

Hunted in front of the rain last night, be awhile since I hunted these two tracks just about gonna see LaTrans at least one set if I hunt both these tracts. First set produced nothing, the second set was text book perfect location wind direction the whole deal, this is where it was too easy. La Trans walks out in a wide open pasture just like he is supposed to but I had a hand held thermal in one hand and remote in the other. I rushed the shot thinking he was gonna get to the call before I could turn it off. LA Trans caught me off guard.
https://rumble.com/v203v9a-haircut.html?mref=wilnh&mc=1hobm
Like the video/missed,I understand that completely first hand.

Yotedawg

12/12/22
2 hunters
AR 6 creed and 243 with thermals
60° with stiff east wind
Grady county fields
Foxpro, MFK, Tony Tebbe vocals and distress
0 heard
3 seen
1 killed

The Predator Outlaws braved the humidity, light precipitation, and a stiff east wind but we got it done. Called in a triple first set with Nutty Nuthatch but two stayed just in the woods. A female stepped out and she didn’t leave. Three sets later we were at a place known for bobcats. Mark played a few bars on the Crooked Creek Game Calls hand call and that had this bobcat responding in no time.

Attachments

• FEE1DDF5-672E-4E0C-B69F-6467D38E2157.jpeg
    FEE1DDF5-672E-4E0C-B69F-6467D38E2157.jpeg
    255.1 KB · Views: 16

chase870

Possum Sox
12 December 22
1 Hunter
AR 15 with thermal
Barrow County pasture and creek bottom with cows
light east wind cloudy; light to heavy fog
ICHOTECH Call Invite Howls squeal baby jack
1 heard
0 seen
0 killed

Slipped out and hunted a pasture and bottom that favors an East Wind. Nothing much moving the yote I heard was a good way off and most likely on the other side of the highway.

chase870

Possum Sox
15 Dec 22
1 Hunter
AR 15 with thermal
Barrow County Hay field
west wind dark sky and cool to cold
ICHOTEC call vocals, squeal baby jack, cotton tail distress
0 heard
1 seen
0 killed

Hunted a couple sets on some property that will soon be a subdivision. First set had a yote show up pretty sure it was a miss. I shoot across a draw and have good cross wind on this stand. After watching the video several times, I can see a tree branch get hit and fall out of a tree.

Yotedawg

12/15/22
3 hunters
AR 6 creeds and 243 with thermal
North Grady county pastures and hayfields
50° slight w/nw breeze
TT, LD, MFK, Foxpro vocals and distress
Many heard
8 seen
2 killed

The Predator Outlaws ran four sets and it was a busy night for predators. Saw either dawgs or the bobcat at each set, just didn’t get shots at everything. Did manage to put two in the truck along with a big cat for south Georgia.

Attachments

• 2C79FC4C-48A1-4A71-BFBD-CBB456D2AA9B.jpeg
    2C79FC4C-48A1-4A71-BFBD-CBB456D2AA9B.jpeg
    195.5 KB · Views: 13

chase870

Possum Sox
12/15/22
3 hunters
50° slight w/nw breeze
Many heard
8 seen
2 killed

The Predator Outlaws ran four sets and it was a busy night for predators. Saw either dawgs or the bobcat at each set, just didn’t get shots at everything. Did manage to put two in the truck along with a big cat for south Georgia.
Nice very nice.

Keith Karr

12/15/22
3 hunters
50° slight w/nw breeze
Many heard
8 seen
2 killed

Looks like a fun night Russell !

chase870

Possum Sox
17 December 2022
2 Hunters
AR 15's with thermal
Jackson County pasture and creek bottom with horses
West wind dark sky and cold
Foxpro shockwave with MFK vocals and distress
1 Heard
1 Seen
1 Killed

Picked up a spot today and gave it a try tonight. I sent my Foxpro Shockwave to MFK and had them put their sounds on and it got home today, so I gave it a try. Killed a really fat male tonight he looks like a young dog no wear on his teeth at all. I saw him while moving to the second set, stopped and set the call on the ground, and put the gun in the tripod played caught cottontail and comes to the edge of the tree line and stopes and sits down. A good portion of the pasture in front of him had 8 to 10 inches of water in it and he was unwilling to get his feet wet.

Attachments

• IMG_6760 (1).JPG
    IMG_6760 (1).JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 9

Doug B.

17 December 2022
2 Hunters
AR 15's with thermal
Jackson County pasture and creek bottom with horses
West wind dark sky and cold
Foxpro shockwave with MFK vocals and distress
1 Heard
1 Seen
1 Killed

Picked up a spot today and gave it a try tonight. I sent my Foxpro Shockwave to MFK and had them put their sounds on and it got home today, so I gave it a try. Killed a really fat male tonight he looks like a young dog no wear on his teeth at all. I saw him while moving to the second set, stopped and set the call on the ground, and put the gun in the tripod played caught cottontail and comes to the edge of the tree line and stopes and sits down. A good portion of the pasture in front of him had 8 to 10 inches of water in it and he was unwilling to get his feet wet.

That one looks like a real joker!

Latest posts