3 Hunters
One 6cm creedmoor and (2) 223’s
Carroll county Ga and Randolph county AL pastures
Mid 40’s with SSE wind
FoxPro X24 howls, fights and prey distress
Several packs heard
4 seen
2 killed

Michael killed a male on poundtown at about the 26 minute mark on the first stand. He shot another one on the 4th stand but we didn’t find it.

I killed a male on the 3rd stand that came to rabbit about 3-4 minutes in and Ken missed one.

We could have had a 4 dog night but it was still fun !
View attachment 1291448
View attachment 1291449
Good shootin Keith. It looks like yall are getting into some dogs that aren’t missing many meals!

OffTheBeatnPath

2/29/2024
3 Hunters
One 6cm creedmoor and (2) 223’s
Carroll county Ga and Randolph county AL pastures
Mid 40’s with SSE wind
Several packs heard
4 seen
2 killed

Michael killed a male on poundtown at about the 26 minute mark on the first stand. He shot another one on the 4th stand but we didn’t find it.

I killed a male on the 3rd stand that came to rabbit about 3-4 minutes in and Ken missed one.

We could have had a 4 dog night but it was still fun !
View attachment 1291448
View attachment 1291449
Good shootin Keith. It looks like yall are getting into some dogs that aren’t missing many meals!

Keith Karr

3/7/2024
2 hunters
6cm with thermal
Calhoun county AL hayfield, crop field and deer plot
Upper 50’’s and light variable wind
One packs heard
1 seen
1 killed

Hunted 3 stands with my cousin helping me scan. Called a male in on 3rd stand to rabbit at just under the 5 minute mark.

Had a pack response a few minutes after shooting him but they never showed up.

He came in a gave me an easy 84 yard shot.
IMG_0675.jpeg

Yotedawg

3/7/24
3 hunters
243 and 6 creeds w/thermal
Grady county fields
60° slight breeze
Mfk vocals and distress
2 heard
1 seen
1 killed

While we were having a heated discussion about whether the cat head we saw in brush behind us belonged to a bobcat or a feral cat, Mr. Wiley came into the field right where we expected him to come from and listened in on our convo. When we finally did see him he was well on his way to the other side of the county. We mouth howled him to a stop and triggerman David Strickland did a good job of aerating his chest cavity with an 87gr Vmax out of his 6 creed. MFK Cot-tail sauce was the jam. Guess that will teach us to turn our backs to the kill zone.‍

Attachments

• IMG_0329.jpeg
    IMG_0329.jpeg
    474.3 KB · Views: 4

Yotedawg

3/7/2024
2 hunters
6cm with thermal
Calhoun county AL hayfield, crop field and deer plot
Upper 50’’s and light variable wind
One packs heard
1 seen
1 killed

Hunted 3 stands with my cousin helping me scan. Called a male in on 3rd stand to rabbit at just under the 5 minute mark.

Had a pack response a few minutes after shooting him but they never showed up.

He came in a gave me an easy 84 yard shot.
View attachment 1292576
Nice job Keith!!

returntoarchery

1. Number of Hunters: 1
2. Type of weapon: AR-10 308 Suppressed with Thermal
3. Location of Hunt: Burke County
4. Weather conditions: Mid 60s east wind mostly clear.
5.Type of call: None they were cruising an ag pivot.
6. Number heard: more than 5
7. Number seen: 3
8. Number killed: 1

Was hog hunting. Watched 3 cruise the ag irrigation pivot field at 500+ yards. They cruised right around up wind until one came into range.

Attachments

• IMG_8786.jpeg
    IMG_8786.jpeg
    294 KB · Views: 13

chase870

Possum Sox
3/7/24
3 hunters
243 and 6 creeds w/thermal
Grady county fields
60° slight breeze
Mfk vocals and distress
2 heard
1 seen
1 killed

While we were having a heated discussion about whether the cat head we saw in brush behind us belonged to a bobcat or a feral cat, Mr. Wiley came into the field right where we expected him to come from and listened in on our convo. When we finally did see him he was well on his way to the other side of the county. We mouth howled him to a stop and triggerman David Strickland did a good job of aerating his chest cavity with an 87gr Vmax out of his 6 creed. MFK Cot-tail sauce was the jam. Guess that will teach us to turn our backs to the kill zone.‍
The ones that show up like that are the best lol

chase870

Possum Sox
4. Weather conditions: Mid 60s east wind mostly clear.
5.Type of call: None they were cruising an ag pivot.
6. Number heard: more than 5
7. Number seen: 3

Was hog hunting. Watched 3 cruise the ag irrigation pivot field at 500+ yards. They cruised right around up wind until one came into range.
Its nice when you just happen to catch them out like that

lamar

A neighbor called me about dusk dark, said one of my fields beside the road was full of hogs. I got my rifle with a thermal scope and me and my wife took off. The hogs were gone from the field when we got there so we went to check another one. I stoped in the field road and scanned the field no hogs. While I was scanning a group of coyotes started howling about a 1/4 mile off. Then one howled real close. I told my wife to get one of my calls out of the center console. I did a few rabbit in distress calls and then made a couple of howls. He came around the edge of the field at a run. I barked and he stopped at 150yrds. Nailed him. No pictures to wet to get to him.

chase870

Possum Sox
11 March 24
2 Hunters
22-250 / 220 Swift both with thermal
Morgan County pasture
light wind dark moon cool
foxpro Roo invite kittens and pound town
0 heard
2 seen
1 killed

Called a pair in Text Book style. Set up and had them answerer the Roo Invite howl they started to come to kittens in distress and hung up at about 300 yards. Pound Town was more than they could resist and in they came on in I was on the left and that yote never broke cover, the one on the right was out in the pasture and fixing to come to a stop so I knew he was fixing to catch a 22-250 round https://rumble.com/v4izeec-right-side.html

Attachments

• IMG_1356.JPG
    IMG_1356.JPG
    223.6 KB · Views: 4

returntoarchery

4. Weather conditions: Mid
to low 50s west wind mostly clear.
5.Type of call: Primos Lil Dog
6. Number heard: 0
7. Number seen: 2

First called in coyote. Was checking an alternate pivot after seeing no hogs at my primary pivot. Saw two coyotes at approx 550 yards. They ran to the left a couple hundred yards as if they caught my scent. They stopped at the field's edge. Pulled out a coyote call and squeaked on it a few times. Danged if they didn't start running my way. Shot the closest one at 135 yards. Missed the second one when it was hauling butt outta there. That wasn't unexpected.

Attachments

• IMG_8806.jpeg
    IMG_8806.jpeg
    666.4 KB · Views: 5

Keith Karr

3/12/2024
3 hunters
6cm and 223’s with thermal
Douglas and Carroll county hayfields and pasture
Low 50’’s to upper 40’s light SW wind
FoxPro X24 and Icotec howls, fights and prey distress
Several packs heard
3 seen
2 killed

We decided to have just two shooters per stand and as it turned out l shot two on the second of 5 stands…..so I ran the call the next 3.

Shot a 37.4lb old male and a mangey female.
IMG_0693.jpeg
IMG_0695.jpeg

Yotedawg

11 March 24
2 Hunters
22-250 / 220 Swift both with thermal
Morgan County pasture
light wind dark moon cool
foxpro Roo invite kittens and pound town
0 heard
2 seen
1 killed

Called a pair in Text Book style. Set up and had them answerer the Roo Invite howl they started to come to kittens in distress and hung up at about 300 yards. Pound Town was more than they could resist and in they came on in I was on the left and that yote never broke cover, the one on the right was out in the pasture and fixing to come to a stop so I knew he was fixing to catch a 22-250 round https://rumble.com/v4izeec-right-side.html
Poundtown ain't no joke. Good job Charlie!

Yotedawg

3/12/2024
3 hunters
6cm and 223’s with thermal
Douglas and Carroll county hayfields and pasture
Low 50’’s to upper 40’s light SW wind
FoxPro X24 and Icotec howls, fights and prey distress
Several packs heard
3 seen
2 killed

We decided to have just two shooters per stand and as it turned out l shot two on the second of 5 stands…..so I ran the call the next 3.

Shot a 37.4lb old male and a mangey female.
View attachment 1293945
View attachment 1293948
Good job Keith. Is that female with pups? Or is it a female?