1 Hunter
220 Swift with Leupold VX III
Barrow County hardwood ridge
Cold hard frost light wind
FoxPro call MFK howl's, wood rat, and cottontail distress calls
0 heard
1 seen
1 killed

I've killed several yotes on this ridge over the years. The howls and rat in distress didn't produce anything. The cottontail distress sounds attracted a hawk and the crows I like it when I have natural sounds in the area I think it puts a predator at ease somewhat. I saw him a ways off and gave him another shot of cottontail and he came on in. First shot missed, the foxbang feature worked like a champ, pup distress starts yote stops and looks for the call and the second round connected

Attachments

• IMG_6779.PNG
    IMG_6779.PNG
    1.6 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_6778.PNG
    IMG_6778.PNG
    1.9 MB · Views: 30

Yotedawg

19 December 2022
1 Hunter
0 heard
1 seen
1 killed

I've killed several yotes on this ridge over the years. The howls and rat in distress didn't produce anything. The cottontail distress sounds attracted a hawk and the crows I like it when I have natural sounds in the area I think it puts a predator at ease somewhat. I saw him a ways off and gave him another shot of cottontail and he came on in. First shot missed, the foxbang feature worked like a champ, pup distress starts yote stops and looks for the call and the second round connected
Nice color phase dawg!!

Keith Karr

Nice color phase dawg!!
19 December 2022
1 Hunter
0 heard
1 seen
1 killed

Beautiful color and nice shooting Charlie !

Keith Karr

18 December 2022
2 hunters
243 AR and 6cm bolt with thermals
Haralson and Carroll County cutover, hay field and pastures
Upper 20’s light NW wind
FoxPro call MFK howl's, fights and pup distress
Several heard
4 seen
1 killed

Called in 3 quickly on the first stand in a large cutover. We killed one and missed one.

Had yotes talking on 3 of 5 stands some across a river that they weren’t willing to cross and the wind probably gave us away before we started on one stand.

Lord willing we are going to try 3-4 more spots tonight.
A21D0870-E95C-4799-8BA8-565EA399EF13.jpeg

Yotedawg

18 December 2022
2 hunters
243 AR and 6cm bolt with thermals
Haralson and Carroll County cutover, hay field and pastures
Upper 20’s light NW wind
FoxPro call MFK howl's, fights and pup distress
Several heard
4 seen
1 killed

Called in 3 quickly on the first stand in a large cutover. We killed one and missed one.

Had yotes talking on 3 of 5 stands some across a river that they weren’t willing to cross and the wind probably gave us away before we started on one stand.

Lord willing we are going to try 3-4 more spots tonight.
View attachment 1197084
Nice job Keith!! Send me pics!!

Keith Karr

19 December 2022
2 hunters
223 and 6cm bolt guns with thermals
Carroll County hay field and pastures
Mid 40’s but muggy with light E wind
FoxPro call MFK howl's, fights and rabbits distress
0 heard
2 seen
1 killed

First two spots were dead. Third spot was a place we had hunted twice before and not saw or heard anything. I told Michael that maybe the third time was a charm.

Just as we got set up and before turning the call on one popped out of the trees in my direction. Michael said take him….he’s looking our way. I pressed the record button but it was in picture mode instead of record mode….so no video.

I shot him facing me at around 100 yards. He ran back into the brush and left a blood trail a blind man could see. I crawled into the tangle of briars and went about 15 yards before spotting him another 20 yards or so further with my scanner. I gave up on getting to him and backed out.

Before looking for my yote we called in another one but Michael never had a clean shot even thought it came less than 100 from us.
325FF727-FB64-4905-AE1C-CE3AA893D97D.jpeg

Attachments

• 70024CE3-8822-4AE7-A35A-35474C5E1A2C.png
    70024CE3-8822-4AE7-A35A-35474C5E1A2C.png
    1,023.7 KB · Views: 15

Yotedawg

19 December 2022
2 hunters
Carroll County hay field and pastures
Mid 40’s but muggy with light E wind
FoxPro call MFK howl's, fights and rabbits distress
0 heard
2 seen
1 killed

First two spots were dead. Third spot was a place we had hunted twice before and not saw or heard anything. I told Michael that maybe the third time was a charm.

Just as we got set up and before turning the call on one popped out of the trees in my direction. Michael said take him….he’s looking our way. I pressed the record button but it was in picture mode instead of record mode….so no video.

I shot him facing me at around 100 yards. He ran back into the brush and left a blood trail a blind man could see. I crawled into the tangle of briars and went about 15 yards before spotting him another 20 yards or so further with my scanner. I gave up on getting to him and backed out.

Before looking for my yote we called in another one but Michael never had a clean shot even thought it came less than 100 from us.
View attachment 1197222
Awesome Keith!!

Keith Karr

26 December 2022
2 hunters
Both hunters 6cm bolt guns with thermals
Meriwether county cutover and pastures
Lower 30’s very light SW wind
FoxPro call MFK howl's, fights and pup distress and rabbit
Heard yotes on 3 of 6 stands
4 seen
1 killed

My buddy Shane killed one and hit another one but we couldn’t find it in the cutover.
If I could shoot better we would have two more.
41A5F020-A276-4283-9E20-AF852C6D25C1.jpeg

Yotedawg

26 December 2022
2 hunters
4 seen
1 killed

My buddy Shane killed one and hit another one but we couldn’t find it in the cutover.
View attachment 1199067
Pretty blond color Keith.

chase870

Possum Sox
27 December 2022
1 Hunter
220 Swift Remington 700 and Leupold Galss
Barrow county hay field and bottom land
light wind clear and cold bright sun
FoxPro call MFK sunrise howls caught rabbit and cotton bomb
0 heard
0 seen
0 killed

Figured I'd call one up during the day. Not sure if the next-door property owner's construction project has them spooked or they just were not around. Either way its still neat to watch the crows and hawks respond to the call

DustyRoads

26 December 2022
2 hunters
4 seen
1 killed

View attachment 1199067
Meriwether-my old stomping grounds;get them all

Yotedawg

12/27/22
3 hunters
6creeds and 243 AR’s w/thermal
33° very light wind
Grady county clearcut and pastures
Every sound in the library
0 heard
0 seen
0 killed

A seemingly perfect night but looks can be deceiving. All we managed to do is freeze our toes and laugh at a fox that kept coming back to the call each time we changed sounds. We brought him back five times since apparently a dawg was not coming. It became a game but honestly I would have rather been home by my fireplace.

Keith Karr

27 December 2022
2 hunters
Carroll county hayfield and pastures
Mid 20’s very light wind
FoxPro call MFK howl's, fights, pup distress, rabbit and more
Heard yotes on all 5 stands and saw them on 3 of the 5
6 seen
2 killed

We had dogs talking and close on all 5 stands. Michael killed an old male on stand 4 and we called in 4 on stand 5 and got a double. Probably the best night I’ve had since getting hooked on this addiction
0B9A1624-E3B0-42B1-B933-CE0ED379D185.jpeg
213F9CFE-B296-42B6-91DA-285CEF231FCA.jpeg

DustyRoads

27 December 2022
2 hunters
Mid 20’s very light wind
6 seen
2 killed

We had dogs talking and close on all 5 stands. Michael killed an old male on stand 4 and we called in 4 on stand 5 and got a double. Probably the best night I’ve had since getting hooked on this addiction
View attachment 1199277
View attachment 1199278
Outstanding-please keep it up

chase870

Possum Sox
27 December 2022
1 Hunter
220 Swift with thermal
Barrow county hay field and power line
Cold with a light wind
FoxPro call MFK Howls cotton tail distress
2 heard
0 seen
0 killed

Hunted 3 sets first set was a bust, second set was a bust as well, third set I had a pair or group answer they never broke cover

chase870

Possum Sox
27 December 2022
2 hunters
Mid 20’s very light wind
6 seen
2 killed

View attachment 1199277
View attachment 1199278
Nice looking dogs

chase870

Possum Sox
29 December 2022
2 Hunters
22-250 and 220 Swift both with thermal
Morgan and Barrow County hay fields, cotton fields, and chicken house
Cool with a light wind bright moon till midnight
FoxPro with MFK vocals and prey sounds, pound town got the job done
6 heard
5 seen
1 killed

Hunted the first 3 sets in Morgan County, had 4 dogs in the field behind the chicken house when we got there and they were just passing through. They were out of sight by the time I got the call out and never responded to it. The next 2 sets produced a armadillo and no yote. I took my buddy home and left Morgan County. I stopped in Barrow and called a set in a place that has been productive so far and got 3 different groups to Howl, game on. MFK Pound Town sealed the deal. No video on this one I had a senior moment and forgot to put the SD Card in the DVR recorder

Attachments

• IMG_6858.JPG
    IMG_6858.JPG
    142.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_6853.JPG
    IMG_6853.JPG
    184.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_6849.JPG
    IMG_6849.JPG
    332.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Keith Karr

29 December 2022
2 Hunters
6 heard
5 seen
1 killed

Hunted the first 3 sets in Morgan County, had 4 dogs in the field behind the chicken house when we got there and they were just passing through. They were out of sight by the time I got the call out and never responded to it. The next 2 sets produced a armadillo and no yote. I took my buddy home and left Morgan County. I stopped in Barrow and called a set in a place that has been productive so far and got 3 different groups to Howl, game on. MFK Pound Town sealed the deal
Sounds like a fun night Charlie !

DustyRoads

29 December 2022
2 Hunters
6 heard
5 seen
1 killed

Hunted the first 3 sets in Morgan County, had 4 dogs in the field behind the chicken house when we got there and they were just passing through. They were out of sight by the time I got the call out and never responded to it. The next 2 sets produced a armadillo and no yote. I took my buddy home and left Morgan County. I stopped in Barrow and called a set in a place that has been productive so far and got 3 different groups to Howl, game on. MFK Pound Town sealed the deal. No video on this one I had a senior moment and forgot to put the SD Card in the DVR recorder
Good going...what thermal is that?