2 hunters
Both guns 6cm bolts with thermals
Meriwether county hay field, pastures and food plot
Mid 50’s light S wind
FoxPro call MFK howl's, fights, pup distress and rabbit
Heard coyotes on 4 of 6 stands
3 seen
1 killed

On the second stand I missed one at 200 yards. We barked and hollered and couldn’t get him to stop. Finally Shane stopped him with a mouth squeaker. I rushed the shot and missed.

On the fifth stand two came in to rabbit distress 1 1/2 minutes after turning the call on. Shane killed a young female.
703121DE-4236-409A-99EC-BA5AEFBBAF79.jpeg

Yotedawg

1/5/23
2 hunters
6 creed AR’s w/thermal
North Grady co. fields
50° light wind
Mfk and foxpro vocals and distress
2 heard
2 seen
1 killed

Two of the Predator Outlaws went out for a few sets. I was home not feeling well. Booroo invitation howls brought this female across the field. She hung up at 200 yards but they double teamed her and the 6 creeds take no prisoners. Another south Georgia dawg down.

Attachments

• C86C3A5D-C52D-44E5-9DEF-CFB1E1187B8A.jpeg
    C86C3A5D-C52D-44E5-9DEF-CFB1E1187B8A.jpeg
    168.8 KB · Views: 3

chase870

Possum Sox
1/5/23
2 hunters
6 creed AR’s w/thermal
North Grady co. fields
50° light wind
Mfk and foxpro vocals and distress
2 heard
2 seen
1 killed

Two of the Predator Outlaws went out for a few sets. I was home not feeling well. Booroo invitation howls brought this female across the field. She hung up at 200 yards but they double teamed her and the 6 creeds take no prisoners. Another south Georgia dawg down.
Nice

Keith Karr

6 January 2023
2 hunters
Heard and Carroll county hay field and pastures
Upper 30’s and light wind
0 heard
2 seen
2 killed

Hunted 3 stands last night and called in a pair and got a double on the 3rd stand. Shane killed a very large male and I got a female. We also got 3 beavers too.
434BEF59-ED41-47FD-94F2-FE5E7EA9B850.jpeg

Dusty Roads

6 January 2023
2 hunters
0 heard
2 seen
2 killed

Hunted 3 stands last night and called in a pair and got a double on the 3rd stand. Shane killed a very large male and I got a female. We also got 3 beavers too.
View attachment 1201712
That is a BIG hoss!Good going
We’ll be getting in more yote hunting after this last day deer/Fannin
We may be coming down to Troup/Heard/Meriwether/Harris /Cleburne(AL)relatives&coyotes

chase870

Possum Sox
6 January 2023
2 hunters
0 heard
2 seen
2 killed

View attachment 1201712
Stud for sure. How much did he weigh?

Keith Karr

That is a BIG hoss!Good going
We’ll be getting in more yote hunting after this last day deer/Fannin
We may be coming down to Troup/Heard/Meriwether/Harris /Cleburne(AL)relatives&coyotes
Give me a shout if you are down this way….. I’m about 5 miles north of Carrollton.

Keith Karr

Stud for sure. How much did he weigh?
Charlie l don’t have any scales but I told Shane we needed to get some. I picked him up with one hand by the rear legs and sure didn’t want to hold him that way very long.

Just a guess but he could have been around 40 lb. I’ve not weighed any so far but most we kill are probably 20-30 pounds.

I killed a huge male just like him in November about 100-150 yards from where this one was shot.

Anyone have a recommendation for some pocket scales that would be accurate and go up to around 50 lb ?

Permitchaser

Same as always,
This morning, 1/10/23
Weapon, AR Savage Patrol
Newton County open field
Call 2 Fox pro calls
Number Heard 0
Number Seen 0
Number Killed 0
My grandsons hunt their farm for deer and I don't like messing them up during the season. They've seen lots of Coyotes so I gave it a shot this morning
Fawn distress, lonely female, pup distress, challenge howl

Last edited:

Keith Karr

13 January 2023
2 hunters
6cm and 223 bolts with thermals
Carroll county hay field and pastures
Upper 50’s and light S wind
FoxPro call MFK howl's, fights, pup distress and rabbit also some Tony Tebbie sounds
0 heard
2 seen
1 killed (male)

On our first stand there was one in the pasture when we got out of the truck. I ranged him at 243 yards. I couldn’t get steady and missed him twice. A few seconds later he peeked his head up over the hill and at over 250 yards l hit him in the head. Blind hog gets an acorn every once a a while.

Michael and I sat about 75 yards apart so we could see more ground and one came in on my side around the 15-20 minute mark that he couldn’t see. I finally got it stopped at around 230-240 yards. It looked hit when it ran off but didn’t have any luck finding it.
4FCCE319-1A76-45A2-95F6-92E1DD1ED859.jpeg

chase870

Possum Sox
14 January 2022
1 Hunter
220 Swift with thermal
Barrow County backyard
cold light wind
FoxPro call MFK female invite and caught rabbit and table scraps
0 Heard
1 Seen
0 killed

I had a meet and greet at my office Saturday and got home well after dark. I always take a thermal when I let the dog out and look around the house. Low and behold a yote was in the back yard so by the time I can get a rest to shoot on he goes into the woods. So I wait a bit and set up the call, caught rabbit and he busts through the back yard and overruns the call spooks and gets back in the woods. Played MFK table scraps and got him back out of the woods but never got him in the open. I rushed a shot and missed most likley hit a branch or something.

Keith Karr

15 January 2023
2 hunters
Meriwether county hay field, pastures and food plot
Low 30’s light SW wind
Heard coyotes on 1 of 5 stands
0 seen
0 killed

Hunted 5 really good stands last night but didn’t see anything. Two packs responded on our second stand but never showed up.

Permitchaser

14 January 2022
1 Hunter
220 Swift with thermal
Barrow County backyard
cold light wind
FoxPro call MFK female invite and caught rabbit and table scraps
0 Heard
1 Seen
0 killed

I had a meet and greet at my office Saturday and got home well after dark. I always take a thermal when I let the dog out and look around the house. Low and behold a yote was in the back yard so by the time I can get a rest to shoot on he goes into the woods. So I wait a bit and set up the call, caught rabbit and he busts through the back yard and overruns the call spooks and gets back in the woods. Played MFK table scraps and got him back out of the woods but never got him in the open. I rushed a shot and missed most likley hit a branch or something.
Sounds like you needed a shotgun

Keith Karr

19 January 2023
1 hunter
6cm bolt with thermal
Carroll county hay field and pastures
Upper 50’s with stiff W wind
Heard coyotes on 1 of 3 stands
0 seen
0 killed

Hunted 3 stands last night but didn’t see anything. A pack responded on one stand and got to probably 150 yards of me but stayed in a thicket and showed themselves. Another coyote howled a few times across the river from me.

chase870

Possum Sox
21 January 23
1 Hunter
220 Swift with thermal
Barrow County pasture and hay field
South wind cool I'd say 50's
FoxPro Shockwave with MFK female invite howls, table scraps, pup distress.
0 heard.
2 seen.
1 killed.

I was busy on the campaign trail yesterday and did not get around to putting up a big 4X8 sign till after dark, so I put my rifle in the truck since I would be close to a place I hunt. Got my sign up and hunted 2 sets on my way home. 1st set produced nothing just a bunch of deer laying around the other end of the hay field. 2nd set had a perfect wind for the property, so I ease into it and got set up, MFK female invite howl and had two runs straight up a draw towards the call. They stopped at about 160 yards or so and split up trying to get down wind of the call. Old Alpha female never quite stopped so the first shot hit her in the hind quarter she went down and didn't move. I never got the male to stop until he got to the tree line, and he was just inside it. I finally had a shot and missed or hit a twig or small branch. So, I look back and my girl is trying to get up and looks at me, so she got another 55 grain V MAX. I forgot to put the SD card in my recorder so no video on this one.

Attachments

• IMG_7119.PNG
    IMG_7119.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_7116.PNG
    IMG_7116.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 24

Dusty Roads

22Jan23
2 daylight just walking our nature trail
2 Elkhounds
Fannin
Cloudy
No caller
0 Heard
0 Seen
1 Killed
Just strolling in woods with better half and 2 Elkhounds when 2 year old hits a scent and hauls Ashe then 2nd follows….thought probably rabbit…than hear one barking followed by a brief dig fight.
Went to investigate and found 2 proud Elkhounds taking a breather with 1 female coyote with broke neck!
My 2 year old first kill

Attachments

• D2E2D42C-7B71-464A-8BFB-11C0C767310E.jpeg
    D2E2D42C-7B71-464A-8BFB-11C0C767310E.jpeg
    496.2 KB · Views: 64
  • 5CC0BEF9-74E6-421E-93E2-3E90F62E20EA.jpeg
    5CC0BEF9-74E6-421E-93E2-3E90F62E20EA.jpeg
    443.3 KB · Views: 64

Doug B.

22Jan23
2 daylight just walking our nature trail
2 Elkhounds
Fannin
Cloudy
No caller
0 Heard
0 Seen
1 Killed
Just strolling in woods with better half and 2 Elkhounds when 2 year old hits a scent and hauls Ashe then 2nd follows….thought probably rabbit…than hear one barking followed by a brief dig fight.
Went to investigate and found 2 proud Elkhounds taking a breather with 1 female coyote with broke neck!
My 2 year old first kill
Nice job!!! I have had a few Elkhounds over the years. They are really nice dogs!!!