2 daylight just walking our nature trail
2 Elkhounds
Fannin
Cloudy
No caller
0 Heard
0 Seen
1 Killed
Just strolling in woods with better half and 2 Elkhounds when 2 year old hits a scent and hauls Ashe then 2nd follows….thought probably rabbit…than hear one barking followed by a brief dig fight.
Went to investigate and found 2 proud Elkhounds taking a breather with 1 female coyote with broke neck!
My 2 year old first kill
Thats outstanding

chase870

Possum Sox
26 January 2023
1 Hunter
220 Swift with thermal
Barrow county pastures, and overgrown fields
East wind cold enough to frost
Foxpro call Male and female howls, table scraps pound town cotton tail dis
3 heard
1 seen
0 killed

I took a break from door knocking on the campaign trail to hunt a couple of sets last night. First set was dead second set produced a single yote. He was on the way to the howls but would never come into the open. I was trying to get him in a spot where I could light him up, but it just wasn't in the cards.

chase870

Possum Sox
28 January 2023
2 Hunters
AR 15 and 220 Swift both with thermal
Barrow County hay fields and a backyard
cool almost cold bright moon light wind
Foxpro shockwave MFK yote vocals and cotton bomb
6 heard
7 seen
1 killed

I had an eventful night. The first thing was a dinner/ Birthday party I was invited too by some political supporters, so the wife and I took off had a nice dinner and shook a few hands and worked on a few last minute votes. On the way home I called a Buddie who has had yotes all around his house and talked him into hunting a few sets.
First two sets were on a yote rich place and we had good vocal response and visual on 5 different yotes. I had a favorable wind and was able to watch the yotes respond to the call. they would try and get directly downwind from it, but they would have had to come down a gravel road and they were unwilling to get that exposed. I had one hope up on top of a hay bale looking for the call. After all that fun we called a set in his back yard, I've called and killed a few there in the past. Just like clockwork, MFK BooRoo Female howl, followed by Cotton Bomb and I had a pair at 100 yards.

Attachments

• IMG_7148.JPG
    IMG_7148.JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 28

coyotehunter556

10 January 2023
2 Hunters
Ar-15’s setup for use with NVG’s
Cool foggy late night
Catoosa County corn field
Fox pro howls and pup screams
4 heard
2 seen
1 Killed
Killed this Male under NV in the fog. Had him come running up to 50 yards on us and I stoppped him and got him killed. May have been more but it was hard to tell in the fog. Next set was a blank. Third set saw another coyote but I rushed my shot and missed him. Was within 100 yards.

Attachments

• 0C172249-F1E5-4FDB-8068-4499DB486BF8.jpeg
    0C172249-F1E5-4FDB-8068-4499DB486BF8.jpeg
    147 KB · Views: 18

coyotehunter556

20 January 2023
1 hunter
Ar-15 setup for NVG’s
Catoosa county corn field
Cool early mourning
Fox pro with new MFK sounds
10 heard
4 seen
2 Killed
Made the same set after locating a big group of coyotes. All of the other ones I had been hearing condensed into one group. Called in four after 10 minutes on stand tan to within 60 yards of me. Killed two, second one ran onto neighbors land and died. Couldn’t recover him.

I’ve been looking for new land near me to kill these suckers on. Does anyone need some killed or know someone who does? I’m addicted. Lol

Attachments

• 5F252D83-9634-4637-8CFE-FD0298C27C77.jpeg
    5F252D83-9634-4637-8CFE-FD0298C27C77.jpeg
    172.1 KB · Views: 20

DustyRoads

28 January 2023
2 Hunters
AR 15 and 220 Swift both with thermal
Barrow County hay fields and a backyard
cool almost cold bright moon light wind
Foxpro shockwave MFK yote vocals and cotton bomb
6 heard
7 seen
1 killed

I had an eventful night. The first thing was a dinner/ Birthday party I was invited too by some political supporters, so the wife and I took off had a nice dinner and shook a few hands and worked on a few last minute votes. On the way home I called a Buddie who has had yotes all around his house and talked him into hunting a few sets.
First two sets were on a yote rich place and we had good vocal response and visual on 5 different yotes. I had a favorable wind and was able to watch the yotes respond to the call. they would try and get directly downwind from it, but they would have had to come down a gravel road and they were unwilling to get that exposed. I had one hope up on top of a hay bale looking for the call. After all that fun we called a set in his back yard, I've called and killed a few there in the past. Just like clockwork, MFK BooRoo Female howl, followed by Cotton Bomb and I had a pair at 100 yards.
Big dog!!! +++ video

Keith Karr

1 Feb 2023
1 hunter
6cm bolt with thermal
Haralson county cutover, food plot and pasture
Lower 50’s with light variable wind
FoxPro call MFK howl's, fights, pup distress and rabbit
0 heard
3 seen
0 killed

Hunted 3 stands last night. Had 3 coming across a clearcut on the first stand but they were 300+ yards out and may have got my wind….they just disappeared over the hill.

It was mostly dead last night. Didn’t hear anything which is very unusual.

Keith Karr

7 Feb 2023
2 hunters
6cm bolt and 243 AR with thermals
Carroll county pastures, field and power line
Mid 50’s with light SE wind
FoxPro call MFK howl's, fights, pup distress and rabbit
2 packs heard
3 seen
1 killed

Hunted 4 stands. Shot a female on the first setup. My buddy was walking the call out and I decided to scan around one more time. Had one that must have just came out at over 200 yards. Had to wait till Clint got back before I could shoot. She moved a little closer and I shot her at 179 yards.

Heard coyotes on stand 2 and 4. Saw two at 650 yards down the power line on the last stand but they wouldn’t come closer.
91A2C796-0A1D-4B5F-974E-DC343C81C5C1.jpeg

chase870

Possum Sox
Nice job. Keep it up I have not been able to hunt like I want to right now. I have been busy hunting registered voters

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
8 February, 56 degrees and cloudy
Number of Hunters 2
6.5 CM and 30/30 with 3x9 scopes
Summers WV, rolling fields

Fox Pro, rabbit in distress, fight crows, female invitation and male howl

Number Heard 1
Number Seen 0
Number Killed 0 coyotes, 1 bobcat

Went out this afternoon around 3 with a buddy, soon as we were settled in at first location one started howling, responded with a female invite followed by a male howl, nothing. Waited 20 minutes then went to rabbit in distress, nothing, gave it 45 minutes and moved locations.

Got set up in a shooting shack little after 4, hit the howl then female invite, nothing. Hit the rabbit in distress along with fight crows with 2 different callers with us in between. Buddy had wrapped his speaker in burlap and the wind would make it move a little. At 5, this cat rushes in a foot from the burlap, it turned to leave and it never did. Fun times

20230208_171633.jpg

chase870

Possum Sox
8 February, 56 degrees and cloudy
Number of Hunters 2
6.5 CM and 30/30 with 3x9 scopes
Summers WV, rolling fields

Fox Pro, rabbit in distress, fight crows, female invitation and male howl

Number Heard 1
Number Seen 0
Number Killed 0 coyotes, 1 bobcat

Went out this afternoon around 3 with a buddy, soon as we were settled in at first location one started howling, responded with a female invite followed by a male howl, nothing. Waited 20 minutes then went to rabbit in distress, nothing, gave it 45 minutes and moved locations.

Got set up in a shooting shack little after 4, hit the howl then female invite, nothing. Hit the rabbit in distress along with fight crows with 2 different callers with us in between. Buddy had wrapped his speaker in burlap and the wind would make it move a little. At 5, this cat rushes in a foot from the burlap, it turned to leave and it never did. Fun times

View attachment 1208974
Nice very nice.

Yotedawg

2/13/2023
3 hunters
243 and 6 creed AR’s with thermals
50° with light breeze
Grady county clear cut and pasture
MFK and Tony Tebbe vocals
Several heard
5 seen
2 killed

The Predator Outlaws haven’t been out in a while but we got out last night and shook the bushes and had five in our laps in two sets. The shooting could have been better but did give these two a ride in the truck. MFK Pound Town was on fire.

Attachments

• 91C3AC54-C792-4FCC-979D-9904585682D2.jpeg
    91C3AC54-C792-4FCC-979D-9904585682D2.jpeg
    228.1 KB · Views: 6

sleepr71

2/14/23
Solo hunter
5.56 AR Sightmark Wraith Mini 4K
50’s temp & light wind from East
Wilkinson Co
Pasture/Hay field
3 called in…1 killed

Tonight was simply a Crime of Opportunity. Heard a pack Howling right after dark, just across a Beaver swamp at the back of my place. Literally,About 400 yds from my house. Threw on some Camo,grabbed the AR,a set of shooting sticks,grabbed a rabbit in distress call out of my backpack,and headed for our big pasture. I just mouth howled a time,or two..followed up by a quick pup in distress(by mouth). Immediately the Alpha dog Challenge howled back ;). I walked down toward the bottom & howled again..then ran back up to set up next to a big tree. Got on the shooting sticks & started scanning. Holy moly…here comes a pack of 3..and they come in pretty quick.! They were coming to run off this intruder ;). They trotted to within 100 yds & the wind started shifting. I yipped to get them to stop & popped the first one…then the wind shifted & blew the smoke from the shot right back to me…blinding me for a few seconds(IR illuminator lit up the smoke like Fog). By the time I got a clear picture again..the other 2 were over 250 yds away. I put on my best impression of a hurt dog & got one of them to finally stop..at about 300-325 yds & with me being on a hillside + just a set of home made shooting sticks..I held just a little too high & missed the second one:hammers:. First one made it down into some chest high sage brush & I couldn’t find it tonight. Didn’t want to wade in on a Yote that may still have some fight in him:). Will find him tomorrow,when it’s daylight & update.

Update: I have Buzzards circling about 300 yds across the property line,in both directions from where I shot them. I know for sure I made a solid hit on the first one,but the second shot I questioned,because of the distance & holdover. Who knows,Maybe I did connect with the second one also! Still can’t believe the first one made it out of the field..they are TOUGH animals;)

Last edited:

Keith Karr

15 February 2023
1 hunter
6cm bolt with thermal
Carroll county hay field and power line
Mid 60’s with light SE wind
FoxPro call MFK howl's, fights, pup distress, rabbit and the kitchen sink
Heard coyotes on first stand
4 or 5 seen
2 killed

Spur of the moment decision to hunt turned out great !

Had coyotes show up at about the 30 minute mark after hearing a pack way off. I don’t believe the ones that showed were the ones I had heard. They got very vocal but stayed in the woods. I could see them every little bit walking back and forth in the timber.

I threw the kitchen sink at them and got one out of the woods at the 42 minute mark…..a long stand. Female at about 150 yards. 367D92B7-5C7D-4977-81CA-714937793310.jpeg

Got my first black one on the second stand….a big male at about 120 yards. The pair came to a rabbit sound. After shooting him l turned on pup screams and another one popped out at around 200 yards. I watched my video in slow motion several times and it looks like l was on target but it ran off acting like it wasn’t hit.
A great night none the less !!!
A670AE1F-4CAB-4F46-872C-A7CD4AF5B399.jpeg

billc

Feb 17 at 8P
Cold, clear sky, very windy
AR with thermal
Jones County food plot
Foxpro howls, rodent distress, eastern cottontail
None heard, 1 seen, none killed

Came in to eastern cottontail after 45 minutes calling. Went through plot at fast pace kept going. Called him back twice but spent too much time confirming it was not a fox. Have called in plenty of those lately. Then waited too long on him to stop and be still for perfect shot
https://youtu.be/jOKTZ-HrTQ0

OffTheBeatnPath

17 Feb 2023
Cold and shifting winds
2 hunters
300aac and 308 bolt with thermals
Franklin county pastures
Fox pro rabbit n distress, some challenge howls
5 or 6 heard, 4 seen, 2 killed

Had a pair come in on our first stand, one got spooky and shot the other.
2nd stand had a single come in and made a 200+ yard shot
3rd stand had a pair hang up out of sight
4th stand heard some, called in 1 couldn’t get a shot.

Just got into chasing coyotes a few weeks ago so been learning, but have been fortunate to have permission on quite a few places with good populations.

Enjoy reading abt yalls success.

Attachments

• 7D7E230E-C6E3-4907-B002-B5CF1D5BA1A8.png
    7D7E230E-C6E3-4907-B002-B5CF1D5BA1A8.png
    657.9 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Keith Karr

19 February 2023
2 hunter
6cm bolt with thermal
Cleburne county AL cutover and pipelines
Mid 50’s with light S wind
FoxPro call MFK howl's, fights, pup distress, rabbit
Heard coyotes on 4 of 5 stands
2 seen
1 killed and 1 missed

Hunted with my buddy Joey last night he got a male at about 150 yards with my gun. I switched to pup screams and got the other one in but I missed a chip shot.
D40B5555-F2CF-49EC-A8A8-E4B6C01728B7.jpeg