Coyote Hunt Thread 2024

chase870

Possum Sox
It's a New Year and a New Thread. Let's see them yotes and hear about how you killed them.
1. Number of Hunters
2. Type of weapon
3. Location of Hunt
4. Weather conditions
5.Type of call
6. Number heard
7. Number seen
8. Number killed

chase870

Possum Sox
1 Jan 24
1 Hunter Remington 700 w/ Leupold VX III in 220 Swift
Barrow County hardwood ridge morning hunt / daylight
Light west wind, frost on the ground
Foxpro rat, and cotton tail distress, nutty nut hatch
0 Heard
0 Seen
0 Killed

I always hunt on new years day, deer ducks, geese yotes rabbits etc., mainly because I can since I dont have hangovers any more. It's been a tradition since I stopped drinking 23 years ago. I figured I'd work on a daytime yote on a ridge where I have killed more than one durring the day, just no action today

chase870

Possum Sox
2 January 24
2 Hunters
AR 15, 220 Swift both with thermal
Morgan County cotton field
Cold, light WSW wind
Foxpro MFk Howls, cotton tail distress, Jack Rabbit, and Pound Town
0 Heard
0 Seen
0 Killed

Hunted early tonight. the deer were in the fields when I got there right after dark. Other than that nothing was moving, no rabbits, mice, possums, coons, or dillows, nothing..

Yotedawg

1/2/24
3 hunters
243 and 6 creeds w/thermals
East and south Grady co. fields
35° and calm
Foxpro and Mfk vocals and distress
Many heard
5 seen
4 killed

The Predator Outlaws got out for four sets to start 2024 and made the most of it killing four on three of the sets. MFK Boone and Roo howls as well as Poundtown were on fire. In fact Poundtown pulled in a big male that winded us from across a road on someone else’s property that booger barked us for fifteen minutes. We were determined to not give up on him and tried to spin him up with several sounds but it was Poundtown that brought him across the road and up a seven foot ditch bank just to catch a 55gr. Blitzking at over 3900fps. out of a 6 creed. Four more south Georgia dawgs down.

Attachments

• IMG_0081.jpeg
    IMG_0081.jpeg
    297.1 KB · Views: 17

Keith Karr

1/2/24
3 hunters
35° and calm
Many heard
5 seen
4 killed

The Predator Outlaws got out for four sets to start 2024 and made the most of it killing four on three of the sets. MFK Boone and Roo howls as well as Poundtown were on fire. In fact Poundtown pulled in a big male that winded us from across a road on someone else’s property that booger barked us for fifteen minutes. We were determined to not give up on him and tried to spin him up with several sounds but it was Poundtown that brought him across the road and up a seven foot ditch bank just to catch a 55gr. Blitzking at over 3900fps. out of a 6 creed. Four more south Georgia dawgs down.
WOW Russell ! What a way to kick off 2024

chase870

Possum Sox
1/2/24
3 hunters
35° and calm
Many heard
5 seen
4 killed

Very nice I like it when the dogs do right

Yotedawg

1/3/24
1 hunter
6 creed w/thermal
Grady county fields and backyard
50°-40°
Mfk diaphragm and Foxpro distress and vocals
0 heard
1 seen
1 killed

Predator Outlaw triggerman Mark Starr got the itch today and just had to scratch it. Before he finished he scored the Georgia grand slam with a midday bobcat in his backyard, a red and a grey fox, and ended with a coyote. MFK diaphragms and sounds were on point. Another south Georgia dawg down.

Attachments

• IMG_4271.jpeg
    IMG_4271.jpeg
    566.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_4272.jpeg
    IMG_4272.jpeg
    281.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 72602405582__A693D311-8075-413D-824A-F561E11D9291.jpeg
    72602405582__A693D311-8075-413D-824A-F561E11D9291.jpeg
    275 KB · Views: 28

Keith Karr

1/3/24
1 hunter
6 creed w/thermal
Grady county fields and backyard
50°-40°
Mfk diaphragm and Foxpro distress and vocals
0 heard
1 seen
1 killed

Predator Outlaw triggerman Mark Starr got the itch today and just had to scratch it. Before he finished he scored the Georgia grand slam with a midday bobcat in his backyard, a red and a grey fox, and ended with a coyote. MFK diaphragms and sounds were on point. Another south Georgia dawg down.
That is absolutely amazing ! It’s likely that’s never been done before.

Yotedawg

1/4/24
2 hunters
243 and 6 creed with thermals
40°
Grady and Decatur Co. fields
Mfk, Tony Tebbe, Foxpro vocals and distress
2 heard
7 seen
5 killed

The Predator Outlaws got out for five sets tonight. Saw predators at every set and put five dawgs and two cats in the truck after reading them their last rights. MFK vocals and distress were killing it and Border Wars brought in a hard charging double that died tired. Five more south Georgia dawgs down.

Attachments

• IMG_0095.jpeg
    IMG_0095.jpeg
    273.7 KB · Views: 10

jthomae

IMG_4776.jpeg1. One
2. PSA AR15 build
3. Jasper co.
4. Clear, sunny and cool
5. foxpro fx3, cottontail distress sounds
6. Zero
7. Two
8. One coyote and one bobcat

I hunted a bunch of quick stands yesterday and finally late afternoon called up a single yote but couldn’t get a shot on it due to thick cover. Before sunset I went to a cut field and called up a small bobcat and a small coyote over about 45 minutes of patience and misc rabbit distress and coyote pup yips. Both came in close and even though it was a big field, they got shot around 30-40 yards. Super fun.

OffTheBeatnPath

8 Jan 2024
1 hunter
300 BO with thermal
43 and windy
Franklin co pasture
Lightning jack, pup distress, female invite
A few heard, 1 seen, 1 killed

Got a new spot close to the house where I seen some pigs a week ago, figured it would be a good night to go before this big storm rolled n. Made a quick stand for 10 minutes at the top of the ridge, nothing.

Worked my way into the bottom and after about 5 minutes of cotton jack the cows let me know she was coming

Ended up getting a foxpro over ecotec… first stand with it

Attachments

• IMG_2978.jpeg
    IMG_2978.jpeg
    159.6 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2976.jpeg
    IMG_2976.jpeg
    131.3 KB · Views: 28

nix03

1/4/24
2 hunters
243 and 6 creed with thermals
40°
Grady and Decatur Co. fields
Mfk, Tony Tebbe, Foxpro vocals and distress
2 heard
7 seen
5 killed

The Predator Outlaws got out for five sets tonight. Saw predators at every set and put five dawgs and two cats in the truck after reading them their last rights. MFK vocals and distress were killing it and Border Wars brought in a hard charging double that died tired. Five more south Georgia dawgs down.

What scope do you have?

Yotedawg

What scope do you have?
Iray GL35. The glitches you see are from my old iphone so I have been told. It doesnt look like that in the scope nor on the Iray app. When it is saved onto my outdated phone is when it shows up. I have been very satisfied with this scope. Battery life is awesome as well.

Yotedawg

1/10/24
1 hunter
6 creed w/thermal
Grady county field
45°
Mfk vocals
2 heard
2 seen
2 killed

Predator Outlaw Mark Starr got bored at home while Strick and I were at church and went out for a quick set. It was worth it. He opened with MFK BooRoo howls and got a response. He went quiet and this pair did the rest. Two more south Georgia dawgs down. The color phase female was spotting, it’s about to get right.

Attachments

• IMG_4358.jpeg
    IMG_4358.jpeg
    307.1 KB · Views: 17

OffTheBeatnPath

1/10/24
1 hunter
6 creed w/thermal
Grady county field
45°
Mfk vocals
2 heard
2 seen
2 killed

Predator Outlaw Mark Starr got bored at home while Strick and I were at church and went out for a quick set. It was worth it. He opened with MFK BooRoo howls and got a response. He went quiet and this pair did the rest. Two more south Georgia dawgs down. The color phase female was spotting, it’s about to get right.

A solo double and some skynyrd to top it off fine job!