bighunter23

20 Jan 2024
4 hunters
6.5 creeds, 6.5 grendal, 224 valk with thermal
13 Degrees and windy
Coweta County farms
TT vocals and pup distress
None heard, 5 seen, 2 killed

Hunted some new farms against my better judgement, it was frigid. Den raid was on fire. Didn’t get a tailgate picture but did remember to hit record on one dogs.

chase870

Possum Sox
20 Jan 2024
4 hunters
6.5 creeds, 6.5 grendal, 224 valk with thermal
13 Degrees and windy
Coweta County farms
TT vocals and pup distress
None heard, 5 seen, 2 killed

Hunted some new farms against my better judgement, it was frigid. Den raid was on fire. Didn’t get a tailgate picture but did remember to hit record on one dogs.

Nice

chase870

Possum Sox
21 January 2024
2 Hunters
AR 15 and 220 Swift both with thermal
Cold light east wind, bright moon
Barrow County Pasture with cows
Foxpro howls, Eastern Cottontail, pound town , pup distress for the win
1 group heard
5 seen
2 killed

First set we had 3 just kinda bum rush the call, they just popped up at the fence line under the call had it hanging in a tree. I shot one and the rest ran into some dog fennel my Buddie shot one and we never found it .Second set we had a group answer and I called them down a sewer line on the edge of a pasture my Buddie missed it and it circled around to pup distress and I let her hold a 50 grain V Max at about 4000fps

Attachments

• IMG_0987 (1).JPG
    IMG_0987 (1).JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 7

Yotedawg

1/22/25
3 hunters
243 and 6 creeds w/thermal
Grady co. pastures and fields
52° east wind
Mfk and Foxpro vocals
6 heard
2 seen
1 killed

The Predator Outlaws got after them Monday night. First set started with a bang taking this female to some MFK Roo howls. Second set we pulled some up to a road but they wouldnt cross it. After that a stiff east wind kicked in at 10mph and it was game over. Did pick up a gray with the Crooked Creek Custom Calls rabbit squaller.

Attachments

• IMG_0153.jpeg
    IMG_0153.jpeg
    294.4 KB · Views: 0

chase870

Possum Sox
1/22/25
3 hunters
243 and 6 creeds w/thermal
Grady co. pastures and fields
52° east wind
Mfk and Foxpro vocals
6 heard
2 seen
1 killed

The Predator Outlaws got after them Monday night. First set started with a bang taking this female to some MFK Roo howls. Second set we pulled some up to a road but they wouldnt cross it. After that a stiff east wind kicked in at 10mph and it was game over. Did pick up a gray with the Crooked Creek Custom Calls rabbit squaller.

Nice job

chase870

Possum Sox
22 Jan 24
2 Hunters
AR 15 / 220 swift with thermal
Morgan county pastures with cows
bright moon light wind
Foxpro MFK howls cottontail distress and pound town
2 groups heard
5 seen
0 killed

First set called a pair out into the open at about 400 yards they were working their way to get down wind of the call, got one to get back out in the pasture and my buddy either missed or didn't connect well. Never found the dog, if I can't touch him I don't count him.
Second set I called 3 out at about 400 maybe 500 yards away but they were down wind of the call and never got close enough to kill

sleepr71

Just think how many we called in,and educated in years past ;) Before N.V. & Thermals…we never even knew they had came in. Still happens when you call in thick areas…

Yotedawg

1/29/24
3 hunters
243 and 6 creeds with thermals
Grady county fields and pastures
45° nw breeze
Mfk, foxpro distress and vocals
Many heard
3 seen
3 killed

The Outlaws found a few that wanted to play last night. Distress was on fire. Dawgs were vocal but not responsive till the moon came up and cleared the trees. Three more south Georgia dawgs down.

Attachments

• IMG_0176.jpeg
    IMG_0176.jpeg
    304.4 KB · Views: 11

Keith Karr

1/29/24
3 hunters
243 and 6 creeds with thermals
Grady county fields and pastures
45° nw breeze
Mfk, foxpro distress and vocals
Many heard
3 seen
3 killed

The Outlaws found a few that wanted to play last night. Distress was on fire. Dawgs were vocal but not responsive till the moon came up and cleared the trees. Three more south Georgia dawgs down.

Very nice Russell ! And another black one too.

Yotedawg

1/30/24
1 hunter
6creed with thermal
Grady county field
48°
Foxpro, MFK distress
0 heard
2 seen
1 killed

Outlaw triggerman Mark Starr went out for a solo one and done and pulled in a pair when he choked the rabbit and took this male. Another south Georgia dawg down.

Attachments

• 72835369311__D2B42140-0BC5-42DD-A0F9-372682C23ECE.jpeg
    72835369311__D2B42140-0BC5-42DD-A0F9-372682C23ECE.jpeg
    254.4 KB · Views: 3

chase870

Possum Sox
31 January 2024
2 Hunters
AR 15's with thermal
Oglethorpe County food plots and hay field
Cold with a light West wind
FoxPro cotton tail and coyote vocals and Pound Town for the win
1 group heard
1 seen
1 killed

Finnly got some new ground to hunt 1st set was the one where I failed my mission. I knew I should have cleaned my rifle after shooting some the other day to check zero and load combination. The suppressor causes it to get dirty quick, and I disregarded the voice that said clean your weapon and listened to the one that said it will be O.K. one more time. Called a female up and stopped her with the "kiss of death" and all I got was a click. My Buddie was able to kill her while I was working on a weapon malfunction in the dark. My Senior Drill Sergent would be bad disappointed if he ever found out about this and most likely show up and grass me to death. I titled the video "CLICK"https://rumble.com/embed/v48232i/?pub=4

Attachments

• IMG_1087.jpg
    IMG_1087.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 18

Yotedawg

2/1/24
2 hunters
243 and 6 creed w/thermals
Grady county pecan orchard/fields
48° slight W breeze
Mfk, Foxpro vocals
Many heard
7 seen
2 killed

The Outlaws got out for a few sets. Dawgs were as vocal as I have ever seen. MFK girl fight was the jam tonight, putting these two males to sleep. Two more south Georgia dawgs down.

Attachments

• IMG_0193.jpeg
    IMG_0193.jpeg
    303.1 KB · Views: 1

chase870

Possum Sox
2/1/24
2 hunters
243 and 6 creed w/thermals
Grady county pecan orchard/fields
48° slight W breeze
Mfk, Foxpro vocals
Many heard
7 seen
2 killed

The Outlaws got out for a few sets. Dawgs were as vocal as I have ever seen. MFK girl fight was the jam tonight, putting these two males to sleep. Two more south Georgia dawgs down.

Nice, The North East yotes are not responding to Girl Fight I used it last night with no takers

chase870

Possum Sox
1 FEB 24
2 Hunters
AR 15 /220 Swift both with thermal
Barrow County pastures with and without cows
WSW light wind, cool but not frosty cold
Foxpro Girl Fight other vocals and howls prey distress and pound town
1 group heard
0 seen
0 killed

Hade some howl and yip at pound town on the second set across the creek I dont think they ever crossed the creek, not sure why. The only thing I can think of is the rain we had has washed out some of the banks and changed the crossings.

Yotedawg

Nice, The North East yotes are not responding to Girl Fight I used it last night with no takers
We used it earlier this week with no success either Charlie. Been hunting these varmints since 1989, but have never heard the activity that I heard last night. I guess the moon was just right for activity and breeding season combined for a hyper active period that started at 6:40pm when we missed a chance on a triple. I believe we could have played any vocal and gotten the same result.

Keith Karr

2/1/2024
2 Hunters
6cm and 223
Carroll county hayfield and pastures
Upper 30’s
FoxPro X24 howls, fights and prey distress
2 packs heard
3 seen
3 killed

My regular hunting buddy was out of town and another friend (Steve) that’s just getting into night hunting went with me.

We hunted 3 stands and killed 3 dogs on the first two sets. Called in two grey fox on the 3rd stand but didn’t shoot since we were using electronic calls.IMG_7721.jpegIMG_0479.jpeg

Last edited:

chase870

Possum Sox
4 February 2024
1 Hunter
12 Ga. 870 with Dead Coyote Choke Tube and Dead Coyote #4 Buck
Oglethorpe County hardwoods and pine thickets logging roads
Cold windy and light rain/ drizzle
Ichotec Outlaw Cottontail distress Jack Rabbit distress
0 Heard
1 Seen
1 Killed

Went to my place in Oglethorpe County this afternoon and did a little work and decided to hunt the edges of the thickets. 1st set produced nothing. The second set was the ticket I set up in the hardwood on the edge of a big pine thicket kind of had a cross wind and played some cotton tail distress and then switched to jack rabbit distress and had this old female pop out of the thicket headed to the call. Not sure what spooked her she either saw the call or winded me, either way she stepped back into the thicket all I could see was half her head and ear. She stepped into an opening and I blistered her with a load of #4 Buck and she disappeared eased up into the thicket and saw her looking at me flopping around and I shot her again

Attachments

• IMG_1113.JPG
    IMG_1113.JPG
    213.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1120.JPG
    IMG_1120.JPG
    217.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

OffTheBeatnPath

2 Feb 2024
1 Hunter
300 aac with thermal
Mouth squeak
0 heard
1 seen
1 killed
Franklin county pastures
Got called into work around 9 Friday night and figured I’d get out on the side of the road for a quick stand in a pasture I just got permission too, turned the truck off got set up and watched one cross the rd in front of me. Mouth squeaked her to stop

Attachments

• IMG_3221.jpeg
    IMG_3221.jpeg
    314.9 KB · Views: 7

OffTheBeatnPath

4 Feb 2024
1 Hunter
300 aac with thermal
0 heard
1 seen
1 killed
Franklin county pastures stiff cross wind.
Debated not getting out due to the wind but got lucky and got close enough for a young male to hear the call after about 2 minutes of cagie cottontail.
Set up in another field and before I could even start the call had a bobcat show up about 50 yards in front of me

Attachments

• IMG_3244.jpeg
    IMG_3244.jpeg
    303.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3242.jpeg
    IMG_3242.jpeg
    253.6 KB · Views: 6