1 Hunter
220 Swift with thermal
Barrow County pasture with cows and horses and a overgrown pasture
warm windy and cloudy
Ichotech call Jack Rabbit Distress, hungry kittens, yipping coyote pair
0 heard
1 seen
1 killed

I've been in a slump either missed or crippled the last few yotes I have called up. I decided to hunt tonight in the wind. The first set was a bust the wind picked up and shifted so it was blowing straight to the call. The second set was a bit better I have been looking at a overgrown pasture where I deer hunt some and found a open area where the Johnson grass hasn't taken over about half a acre in size. I set up about 125 away in a cross wind. He came to Jack Rabbit Distress.

Attachments

• IMG_3636.JPG
    IMG_3636.JPG
    314.3 KB · Views: 16

chase870

Possum Sox
8 December 21
2 Hunters
22-250 and 220 Swift both with thermals
Barrow County Pastures no cows
Cool and slight breeze
Ichotech call howls jack rabbit in distress, pup distress and coyote vs cottontail
2 groups heard
1 seen
1 killed

First set produced nothing, second set had 2 groups answer the invite howl never showed. Third set was at the graveyard a long time favorite place that has produced yotes consistently over the years. Hit the invite howl and had him on the way, however he hung up behind a equipment shed and decieded to go the other way. Put a little bit of Jack Rabbit in distress on and he turned around and got in range.

Attachments

• IMG_3657.JPG
    IMG_3657.JPG
    175.7 KB · Views: 35

Yotedawg

8 December 21
2 Hunters
22-250 and 220 Swift both with thermals
Barrow County Pastures no cows
Cool and slight breeze
Ichotech call howls jack rabbit in distress, pup distress and coyote vs cottontail
2 groups heard
1 seen
1 killed

First set produced nothing, second set had 2 groups answer the invite howl never showed. Third set was at the graveyard a long time favorite place that has produced yotes consistently over the years. Hit the invite howl and had him on the way, however he hung up behind a equipment shed and decieded to go the other way. Put a little bit of Jack Rabbit in distress on and he turned around and got in range.
Nice color phase!??

chase870

Possum Sox
12 Dec 21
2 Hunters 1 Observer
Monroe County
Old Timberland food plots roads and large yard with camp house
ICHOTEC Call howls, feral cat, cat vs coyote, jackrabbit in distress
cold, bright moon, light breeze
4 heard
0 seen
0 killed

Went with a new friend I met on a recent duck hunt. I had been telling him about yote hunting and he wanted to give it a try. I was in Macon for work so I took the gear and met him later at dark. Drove to his property and hunted a couple of sets. First 2 had no action the 3rd had a lone response to a invite howl and never showed. 4th set was back at the camp house and had a pretty strong response. I hit the invite howl and had 3 groups answer it then they got to talking to each other tried feral cat and cat vs coyote in hopes one of the 3 groups would look for a easy meal, nothing showed.

chase870

Possum Sox
15 Dec 21
1 Hunter
220 Swift with thermal
cool light breeze bright moon
barrow county pasture one with horses and cows one over grown no livestock
ICHOTEC Call Invite howls rodent in distress, jack rabbit in distress and hungry kittens
3 Heard
2 seen
0 killed
First set was a place where the yotes outsmart me on a regular basis and the land owner has been loosing chickens and ducks and wants what ever is killing his birds dead. I set up in a different place just to see what will happen and the moon light was bright enough to make me hunt some shadows. Put the call out and set up about 200 yards across a draw in the pasture and hit a invite howl had 3 or 4 respond and howl back 2 sounded like they were in the yards of a spec house they built next door and another was on the creek no shows.
Second set was where I killed the big black yote last week.
Invite howl had no vocal response but I saw a pair skirting the pasture in the timber they never came in the pasture played some hungry kittens and they had no interest.

chase870

Possum Sox
19 December 21
2 hunters
AR 15's with thermal
Gwinnett county creek bottom and hard wood ridge
Bright full moon and windy
Ichotech call invite howls and hungry kittens
0 heard
0 seen
0 killed

homeowner lost 2 out of 3 small ankle bitters to the neighborhood yotes the 3rd one is traumatized, and has to be forced to go outside and won't get more than a foot or so away from its owner at all times. This should yield prime hunting in the feature as she has never allowed any type of hunting there till Old La Trans helped my gain access

chase870

Possum Sox
21 December 21
1 Hunter
220 Swift with thermal
Jackson County Pastures
Bright moon steady breeze humid and chilly
Ichotec call invitation howls, mature cotton tail distress, and rodent distress
0 Heard
2 Seen
1 Killed

Hunted my farm in Jackson County tonight by myself. I had to go get some measurements for wire for a well pump and decide I could do that in the dark and I would hunt a little. First set I had one ease around the tree line looking for the dog that did the invite howl, tried to pull him out of the tree line or at least get him to stop with a little rodent in distress and was unsuccessful. I just let him go didn't try and call him back no point in educating him. Walked across the farm for the second set started with the invitation howl no response then went to mature cotton tail with no response 30 minutes into it so I walked down the hill to see what was around the lake saw nothing and came back to my tripod. looked out in the pasture and there she was just looking for the Mature Cotton Tail.

Attachments

• IMG_3749.JPG
    IMG_3749.JPG
    153.8 KB · Views: 13

chase870

Possum Sox
23 December 21
2 Hunters 220 Swift and AR10 in 308 both with thermal
Ichotec call female invite howls
Barrow and Jackson counties
Pastures no cows
Cold little to no wind bright moon
2 Groups heard
2 seen
0 killed

Went and hunted a set with a friend of mine, got a group to respond but they were no shows and never got close enough to see them.
I stopped by the Grave Yard on the way home it produces yotes year round. Female invation howl and they lit up but never came out. Gave it a while and played it again and they finanly showed up they hung up for a bit and I gave them s shot of crying kittens. and one was on the way. He Bumb Rushed me just about jumped into my lap never could get him to stop and he got behind a terrace in the field and got by me. Took the shot at the far yote and missed

chase870

Possum Sox
25 December 21
1 Hunter Remington 700 30.06 Leupold Scope
FoxPro Shockwave nutty nut hatch rodent distress and mature cotton tail
Barrow County
Hard wood ridge with old logging roads
warm overcast and breezy
0 heard
0 seen
0 killed

Decided to call some during daylight. I set up in a deer stand where I have killed several yotes during the day and called for a while watched a few deer but no yotes showed

chase870

Possum Sox
25 December 21
1 Hunter Rem 700 30.06 w/ 4.5 x 14 glass and Rem 700 220 Swift w/ thermal
foxpro shockwave and Ichotech call howls rodent cat jack rabbit and cotton tail distress calls
Barrow County hardwoods and overgrown pasture
warm windy and overcast
2 heard
0 seen
0 killed

Spent Xmas afternoon hunting La Trans daylight hunt I set up on a hardwood ridge where I have killed a few during the daylight over the years called some with distress calls no action. Hit the invite howl about 30 min before it would have been too dark to see with regular scope no answer. As I was picking up my call I had one howl some down on the river
After dark I set up in a overgrown pasture and called some was fixing to pick up and had one answer behind me across the road he never came across the road eventually moved to the hardwoods and called another set no action

Permitchaser

My Foxpro Deadbone E call stopped working yesterday so I looked at their site and saw the Patriot E call that looked promising. I use mouth calls along with E calls and don't get to go more than 5 times a year so I don't need a $500 call
I noticed Foxpro dosen't sell the Deadbone anymore
I've killed several coyotes using the Deadbone and mouth calls

chase870

Possum Sox
I have ben more than pleased with the ICHOTECH call have a FOXPRO Shockwave but it had a issue and I eventually set it to them for repair so I became accustomed to the ICHOTECH. I now use the foxpro for day hunts and as a back up call

Permitchaser

I have ben more than pleased with the ICHOTECH call have a FOXPRO Shockwave but it had a issue and I eventually set it to them for repair so I became accustomed to the ICHOTECH. I now use the foxpro for day hunts and as a back up call

Found a icotech gen2 gc350 that I like but doesn't seem to play 2 sounds at once and you have to use a cheat sheet to see what your call list is. My Deadbone worked great but was not programable. I'm calling fox pro and Logitech tomorrow

Permitchaser

Called FOXPRO they where very helpful. Sent my Deadbone back. You know that cheap Deadbone had some features that very expensive units don't have. The fact it will play 2 sounds at once is a great feature. You can't down load additional sounds but the control is easy to read and has the name of the call on each button. I'll probably get the Patriot form FP because Icotech deletes a call when you add one

Turkeytider

Found a icotech gen2 gc350 that I like but doesn't seem to play 2 sounds at once and you have to use a cheat sheet to see what your call list is. My Deadbone worked great but was not programable. I'm calling fox pro and Logitech tomorrow
Surprised the 350 won’t play two calls at once. My 320 will.