***General Discussion Weather Thread #5 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
It would be nice if we were getting the snow from what we had 24 years ago today. Blizzard of 93.

People either don't know or don't remember how bad that storm was. 200 people died. Livestock died. Lots of folks around here went 2 weeks without power in sub zero and single digit temps. When snow is 30" deep, you ain't traveling unless you're on a snowmobile or a horse.

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
People either don't know or don't remember how bad that storm was. 200 people died. Livestock died. Lots of folks around here went 2 weeks without power in sub zero and single digit temps. When snow is 30" deep, you ain't traveling unless you're on a snowmobile or a horse.

I agree. Some of us nearly worked ourselves to death in some bad conditions during that event, trying to get power restored to everybody. Especially to critical customers. I wouldn`t wish that kind of weather on anybody.

Climbing ice covered poles was never fun.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

No doubt. It was awful here. I don't wish for big snowstorms, because people always die. That's like wishing for tornadoes. People who don't have to get out and deal with it and can sit beside the fire and roast marshmallows and drink cocoa don't understand how seriously dangerous a winter storm can be.

Snow the next two days and nights in the forecast here, and temps in the single digits Wednesday night with 20mph winds. They can take this winter back to wherever they got it as far as I'm concerned and bring Spring on.

crackerdave

Every year around this time there's always one last blast of winter..count on it again next year,too.

doenightmare

Gone But Not Forgotten
Guess I can say goodbye to any fruit on our trees this year.

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
Y'all dont even think about plucking a fresh tomato from the vine or salt and peppering a home grown cucumber right now.
The smell of fresh cut grass!:D

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
I think every mayhaw tree down here is in full bloom right now.

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
The high temp for today on my wx station was for about 10 seconds at 1pm. It hit 47°f.

I think we hit 36 for a high and never saw the sun all day. Thermometer says it's 30 right now, but it's the coldest 30 I think I've ever felt. Wind is blowing and it's downright unpleasant outside.

parisinthe20s

36 in Woodstock, saw maybe two snowflakes. It sure seems like it's going to snow, purplish clouds n all, but I don't think there is any forecasted. Too bad. This is drinking coffee on my porch kind of weather for me ;)

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
36 in Woodstock, saw maybe two snowflakes. It sure seems like it's going to snow, purplish clouds n all, but I don't think there is any forecasted. Too bad. This is drinking coffee on my porch kind of weather for me ;)

Got a fresh pot I've just poured up. Too cold for anything else, cept maybe some whiskey. :smash:

smokey30725

Snowed enough to cover the deck here in Flintstone today. Feels great outside.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Brutal here this morning. When I left home it was pouring snow and 15* with a 25mph north wind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts