A guy walks into your church ...

centerpin fan

… and says, “Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior. He died for my sins. Because we are in agreement on these key issues, I’d like to join your church. I must tell you, though, that I support myself by working as a gay prostitute. I am in a committed relationship with my boyfriend. We are living together until we can get married. I struggled with reconciling my homosexuality with Christianity for years. After reading several gay Christian websites, though, I now realize that God made me gay, and homosexuality is not a sin.”

What would your response be?

a) "Welcome brother! You sound like 'deacon material' ”!

b) “As a sinner saved by grace, I welcome you. For the sake of your soul, though, I must quote the Apostle Peter in Acts 3: ‘Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.’ ”

c) Something else.

Please elaborate if “c” is your choice.

Artfuldodger

Reading the account in Acts 3, addressing the Jews who murdered the Author of life, they were being called to repent.
They acted in ignorance and in this way God has fulfilled his plan of salvation through Jesus.
They needed to now realize who Jesus was and change their minds as to who he was.

hobbs27

… and says, “Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior. He died for my sins. Because we are in agreement on these key issues, I’d like to join your church. I must tell you, though, that I support myself by working as a gay prostitute. I am in a committed relationship with my boyfriend. We are living together until we can get married. I struggled with reconciling my homosexuality with Christianity for years. After reading several gay Christian websites, though, I now realize that God made me gay, and homosexuality is not a sin.”

What would your response be?

a) "Welcome brother! You sound like 'deacon material' ”!

b) “As a sinner saved by grace, I welcome you. For the sake of your soul, though, I must quote the Apostle Peter in Acts 3: ‘Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.’ ”

c) Something else.

Please elaborate if “c” is your choice.

c....Sorry you have the wrong building. The Presbyterian church is across the road.

stringmusic

I'm gonna go with B

gordon 2

b)...............

hummerpoo

Gone but not forgotten
c) You are welcome to worship with us, and we will be pleased to worship with you. Regrettably, what you have said indicates that you are not currently eligible for membership. We have several people here who would be pleased to work with you on the scriptural requirements for membership in the Body of Christ. Please be assured, we will work and pray for your eligibility; and have great desire that you avail yourself of the available help.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
c) You are welcome to worship with us, and we will be pleased to worship with you. Regrettably, what you have said indicates that you are not currently eligible for membership. We have several people here who would be pleased to work with you on the scriptural requirements for membership in the Body of Christ. Please be assured, we will work and pray for your eligibility; and have great desire that you avail yourself of the available help.

Yep... welcome to attend, can't join, and willing to work with them.

hobbs27

We had an obvious lesbian couple come into our church one Sunday. Im just going to be honest, they stuck out . Nothing much was said, but when they came back the next sunday the Pastor had a strange sermon about infidelity and bad pictures on the internet...it was strange because it was out of the ordinary.

The third Sunday they came the Pastor preached hard against sexual sins. He said, if your cheating on your spouse, involved in internet pictures or involved in a homosexual relationship you may want to come to this altar and check up, because youre probably not a Christian.
They both got up and walked out, never saw them again, and to this day I dont hold an opinion as to whether that was right or wrong.

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
Are you "asking for a friend " ?

centerpin fan

We had an obvious lesbian couple come into our church one Sunday. Im just going to be honest, they stuck out . Nothing much was said, but when they came back the next sunday the Pastor had a strange sermon about infidelity and bad pictures on the internet...it was strange because it was out of the ordinary.

The third Sunday they came the Pastor preached hard against sexual sins. He said, if your cheating on your spouse, involved in internet pictures or involved in a homosexual relationship you may want to come to this altar and check up, because youre probably not a Christian.
They both got up and walked out, never saw them again, and to this day I dont hold an opinion as to whether that was right or wrong.

Maybe they thought they were being targeted. I don't think people should be targeted (and I'm not saying that's what your pastor did). At a good church, though, you should hear sermons that challenge you.

formula1

Daily Bible Verse Organizer
re:

C, although it's similar to B!

This is a good place for you! You need to get to know God through Jesus Christ because the god you know that made you gay is not God. God doesn't make anyone a sinner. We have successfully done it to ourselves so we need to repent and turn to Him. I'm sure that when you realize that God really wants to make you life brand new and you begin walking that path, a new life will be in view and a new career in your future! Sure, you can come as you are but God never allows you to stay that way. He wants all of you!!!

Artfuldodger

1 Corinthians 10:13

No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.

formula1

Daily Bible Verse Organizer
re:

I like Romans 6 too!

James 1
12 Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him. 13 Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am being tempted by God,” for God cannot be tempted with evil, and he himself tempts no one. 14 But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire. 15 Then desire when it has conceived gives birth to sin, and sin when it is fully grown brings forth death.