Mercedes Benz Stadium

rjcruiser

Nobody cares. :D

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Nobody cares. :D

X2...I would guess it's doing what it was intended to do, and doing it well. Where a lot of my taxes go, not so much.

I care.

Working class dogs like me get reamed by the tax man to help a billionaire expand his business. Nobody gives me taxes to help build my business.

Blank could stroke a check for MB Stadium and not feel an ounce of financial pain. No reason he should when us taxpayers can give him some welfare.

I'd rather see my tax dollars stay in my pocket.

Next up we may get to help Bezos with tax breaks to build a new HQ for his company, Amazon.
He is the richest man in the world with 104.4 billion dollars.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
It really is the nicest stadium in North America.

How much do the taxpayers still owe on it?

Out of curiosity, how many of the other "nice" stadiums have you been in?

I've heard Jerry World and the new Vikings digs are pretty sweet.

I have not been in any of the newer stadiums.

MOTS

I guess what I meant to say was I'd rather pay taxes on that stadium than I would government housing, welfare, food stamps, etc. At least it brings "IN" revenue and business, and overall the general area prospers and expands.

DannyW

I have not been there myself, but have spoken with 4-5 people who have. All have said the same thing...beautiful to look at, the video boards are awesome, but the acoustics suck....it's loud enough but you can't understand what's being said over the sound system.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
I have not been there myself, but have spoken with 4-5 people who have. All have said the same thing...beautiful to look at, the video boards are awesome, but the acoustics suck....it's loud enough but you can't understand what's being said over the sound system.

I heard the same thing about acoustics when Garth brooks played there. Not a great place for a concert

biggdogg

Blank paid 80% of the cost of the stadium. The remaining 20% is paid through an Atlanta hotel tax. So it's really simple, if you don't want your tax money to foot the bill for the stadium, don't stay in a hotel in the city limits of Atlanta.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Blank paid 80% of the cost of the stadium. The remaining 20% is paid through an Atlanta hotel tax. So it's really simple, if you don't want your tax money to foot the bill for the stadium, don't stay in a hotel in the city limits of Atlanta.

Atlanta paid 200 million in hotel taxes.

But, thanks to a clause buried deep in the stadium agreement, Blank would get to convert this initial subsidy into a gift that kept on giving. Any hotel-tax money collected after the first $200m would be put into a “waterfall fund” that the team could use for future “maintenance, operation and improvement” of the new stadium. Since those would normally be team costs, this meant Blank would get to stick taxpayers with the bills for future upgrades to his new playpen.

Big7

The Oracle
X2...I would guess it's doing what it was intended to do, and doing it well. Where a lot of my taxes go, not so much.

Yep..

It will bring in a lot of $$$.

Nothing wrong with the Ga. Dome tho'.

+ Arthur laid out a LOT of that cash for the new one.. ;)

I wouldda' got it out of da' hood tho'.

He's a billionaire. I'm not. So, there.

SGADawg

I went to the CFP Championship. I thought it was really nice but not awe-inspiring. It was rainy and I got several texts asking me if the roof was leaking. I didn't see any leaks but apparently tv was reporting leaks.

Seeing the roof open and/or close would probably be cool.

biggdogg

Atlanta paid 200 million in hotel taxes.

But, thanks to a clause buried deep in the stadium agreement, Blank would get to convert this initial subsidy into a gift that kept on giving. Any hotel-tax money collected after the first $200m would be put into a “waterfall fund” that the team could use for future “maintenance, operation and improvement” of the new stadium. Since those would normally be team costs, this meant Blank would get to stick taxpayers with the bills for future upgrades to his new playpen.

Again, if you aren't staying in an Atlanta hotel, you're not one of those taxpayers "getting stuck"...

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
And the vast majority of those folks are GA non residents anyway.........

In that case, raise the tax.. We need to get as much as possible from out of state moochers.. Including the hunters!:cool:

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Again, if you aren't staying in an Atlanta hotel, you're not one of those taxpayers "getting stuck"...

facepalm:

Again, if you stay in a hotel in another city they are soaking you for welfare for their billionaires.