Interracial Marriage

Hillbilly stalker

Read the definition and decide for yourself if it fits the situation.
If your daughters married practicing Muslims and converted to Islam would you respect their choices and their new religion?

If the answer is anything other than an unconditional yes, go back and read the definition again.

And it’s Webster’s definition-not mine.
So if Muslims refuse to marry outside their belief.....then they are in the same bucket too ? And Catholics and Jewish and so on and so on. The line gets kinda blurry don't it ?

I ain't never seen a dodge that had enuff power to pull a greasy string out of a cats butt. Didn't they leave NASCAR ?:ROFLMAO:

Cmp1

BANNED
So if Muslims refuse to marry outside their belief.....then they are in the same bucket too ? And Catholics and Jewish and so on and so on. The line gets kinda blurry don't it ?

I ain't never seen a dodge that had enuff power to pull a greasy string out of a cats butt. Didn't they leave NASCAR ?:ROFLMAO:
Left NASCAR because they restricted all the power they produced,see Demon,,,,I’ll put a hemi up against a Vortex or a Ford any day,,,,

WaltL1

Yip. It's half way in jest,.....maybe, but I constantly stress to them the importance of being self-sufficient and not having to rely on a man.
Definitely a good/smart thing.

WaltL1

Now theres a visual I could have done without :rofl:

ky55

From what little I know about other religions, some have very specific rules and guidelines about marrying outside the faith. If you’re in the system you know the rules up front. In that case I guess any bigotry would be more on the system than the participants.

As far as the religions without specific guidelines, I guess the participants get to be bigots at their own discretion.

Last edited:

lagrangedave

Gone But Not Forgotten

Maybe one of your more affluent friends will let you test drive a Ram and you will see the light.........

Hillbilly stalker

It's kinda funny, you can drive by 10 different churches on Sunday morning and see that people prefer to be with their own kind mostly. That's not bigotry, just preference . Calling someone a bigot seems to be that last line of defense anymore tho.

Hillbilly stalker

Maybe one of your more affluent friends will let you test drive a Ram and you will see the light.........
It would have to be bad dark outside and he would have to have some dark tinted windows. Ha ! Ha ! I ain't pushed one in along time, might be good exercise, that's saying he can get it started and all. Lol

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
One of my friends bought a Ram. He spends a lot of money on it keeping that piece of junk running. It left him walking the first time at <20k miles.

Hillbilly stalker

Took your advise, my buddy said when he gets his goat out of the transmission shop Friday, I can drive it if I drop him off.;) My other buddy "Goony bird" drives a roll back wrecker, says if wasn't for them dodges, he would be picking up beer cans for a living. Said I ort to be nice to yall.:devilish:

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
Read the definition and decide for yourself if it fits the situation.
If your daughters married practicing Muslims and converted to Islam would you respect their choices and their new religion?

If the answer is anything other than an unconditional yes, go back and read the definition again.

And it’s Webster’s definition-not mine.

If your daughter married a Jim Jones following idjit, would you respect her choice and her new religion?

I didn't think so.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Somebody gotta tell me what Dodge trucks have to do with interracial marriage.

ky55

If your daughter married a Jim Jones following idjit, would you respect her choice and her new religion?

I didn't think so.

I think you should ask SFD, since Jim Jones had “a solid walk with Christ”.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
I think you should ask SFD, since Jim Jones had “a solid walk with Christ”.

Nah, I won't ask him, mainly because I totally agree with his assessment of the situation. I wouldn't care if my daughter married a green man, if he loved her, treated her right and did his best to follow Jesus and his teaching. As a matter of fact, I would prefer she married a minority that was a devout Christian, rather than a 'good ole boy' white man that didn't have an intense relationship with God.

Now.... why don't you answer the question?

Artfuldodger

Somebody gotta tell me what Dodge trucks have to do with interracial marriage.

I think the discussion was about how much your indoctrination by your parents influenced why one would like a Dodge over a Ford. How much it influence our attitudes and beliefs about everything really. God, fishin', trucks, Blacks, women, political party, favorite ball team, etc.
How easy or hard is it to overcome something you have been taught your whole childhood and as an early adult.
To eventually overcome that way of thinking and think for yourself.
Some folks do and some don't.

I'd hate to tell my Dad this but I rarely carry a pocket knife anymore.

ky55

Nah, I won't ask him, mainly because I totally agree with his assessment of the situation. I wouldn't care if my daughter married a green man, if he loved her, treated her right and did his best to follow Jesus and his teaching. As a matter of fact, I would prefer she married a minority that was a devout Christian, rather than a 'good ole boy' white man that didn't have an intense relationship with God.

Now.... why don't you answer the question?

I have no reason to answer your question because I didn’t bring my family into the discussion-you did.

Did you read the definition of bigot?

Artfuldodger

We had this discussion at work one time and a co-worker said he could never forgive his daughter if she married a Black man. The he would put a tombstone it the back yard with her name on it.

Someone asked him how he would feel if she told him she was a lesbian and brought a girlfriend home. He said he wouldn't like it but that he could accept it.

Artfuldodger

I have no reason to answer your question because I didn’t bring my family into the discussion-you did.

Did you read the definition of bigot?

I guess my answer then is yes, I'm a bigot.
If you are going to use an extreme religious ideal then yes. Even if I say I'd rather my daughters not marry Black guys or other girls for that matter, if that makes me a bigot then I guess I am.

What if I'd rather they marry a man that makes $100,000 a year instead of a artist or musician that makes $20,000 a year? Does that mean I'm prejudiced against artist and musicians?

What if I want them to marry a fiscal conservative but social liberal person?
Perhaps a man who can put a battery in a car or air in a tire? Would that make me a bigot if they married a man that can't and I didn't like it?

Last edited:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I think the discussion was about how much your indoctrination by your parents influenced why one would like a Dodge over a Ford. How much it influence our attitudes and beliefs about everything really. God, fishin', trucks, Blacks, women, political party, favorite ball team, etc.
How easy or hard is it to overcome something you have been taught your whole childhood and as an early adult.
To eventually overcome that way of thinking and think for yourself.
Some folks do and some don't.

I'd hate to tell my Dad this but I rarely carry a pocket knife anymore.
I feel totally nekkid without a pocket knife.