Holidays are over-Get back to work Driveler #266.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Good lord, living in the land of "no seeums" you ought to be tolerant.
Them dang things laugh at window screens.

I swear they will chew through window screens.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Good lord, living in the land of "no seeums" you ought to be tolerant.
Them dang things laugh at window screens.

Them thangs tear me up!

I've been allergic to insect bites all my life since I was a little boy. Somehow my body produces high levels of histamine when bit by any biting or stinging insect, which results either in excessive welping and/or itching.

No seeums are the ONLY insect that has actually made me have to climb down and desert a deer hunt to go get some Antihistamine for the itching.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Them thangs tear me up!

I've been allergic to insect bites all my life since I was a little boy. Somehow my body produces high levels of histamine when bit by any biting or stinging insect, which results either in excessive welping and/or itching.

No seeums are the ONLY insect that has actually made me have to climb down and desert a deer hunt to go get some Antihistamine for the itching.

GA is home to the only insect that has ever bothered me. I was weed eating around a fence and got stung by a black wasp. I'm told they nest in the ground here. Immediately set up a reaction, I drove myself to the emergency room it hit so quick.

I've had numerous hornet, wasp and bee stings before none ever bothered me.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
GA is home to the only insect that has ever bothered me. I was weed eating around a fence and got stung by a black wasp. I'm told they nest in the ground here. Immediately set up a reaction, I drove myself to the emergency room it hit so quick.

Years ago I was a contractor for a Cable TV company down in Louisiana when I was a young feller. I had gotten the entire portion of the outdoor part of an install done and while walking to the door to go inside to complete the install indoors and go over the remote with the customer and so forth, I got stung square in the middle of my back.

I saw the wasp nest up in the overhang of the house and had walked by it several times during the install. As I walked back and forth I noticed they were a little jumpy and all, but never flew off the nest. That last time as finished outdoors must have been one time too many for one of them though as I saw him out of the corner of my eye swoop down and hit me.

I really didn't think nothing of it, but when I got into the house and started installing everything indoors and to the TV I started itching really bad. I was about to go nuts trying to hurriedly finish the install and was using one foot to scratch the back of my opposite leg, and vice versa. All the while scratching almost every other part of my body with my arms, but I really wasn't getting the job done.

Funny as heck, but I didn't know the homeowner was watching me the entire time that was happening, and all of a sudden I hear him say from behind me, "Son, are you OK?" :bounce: :bounce:

Not only did it scare me, but it embarrassed the dickens out of me knowing he was standing there watching me have this itching allergic reaction attack. :bounce:

I actually had to leave and abandon that install, he was OK with it after watching me struggle.

To this day I don't know how I did it, but I jumped in my truck and drove all the way home in complete chaos, barely could drive, and when I got home I left a trail of clothes from the door to the shower to wash that itching off of me.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

As you can see, I'll NEVER forget that day, with detail. :)

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Afternoon driveler nation! Just a quick runthru making sure evabody knows to have firewood for the weekend.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Chief I need to stop by your place some day. I drive below Thomaston when I go to the hunting land

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Chief I need to stop by your place some day. I drive below Thomaston when I go to the hunting land

Stop in and set a spell.

Do you travel down Tara Blvd/19-41, or I-75 S?

Cmp1

BANNED

Called them something different in NC,,,,can't remember,,,,

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
Gnats. THAT's what I hate. Lived in Statesboro for 2 years and came home every weekend to get a break from the GNATS.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
I usually go down 85 to moreland,but have been known to go down 19/41.I hate driving 75S.

Ahhh ok, I wondered if you possibly went down 85.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Gnats. THAT's what I hate. Lived in Statesboro for 2 years and came home every weekend to get a break from the GNATS.

Gnats are aggravating, but they don't bite, I don't itch. :bounce:

I do hate swallerin one or in the eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts