Do Deer want to be hunted?

HarryO45

Mag dump Dirty Harry
I really love the hunt. I was wondering if any of you believe, as I do; that deer actually enjoy the hunt? I am not sure I can adequately put it in words, but It must be very satisfying to successfully avoid hunters. I know that I have felt most alive when I have faced risk and danger, I also enjoy myself most when I do something very well. What are the chances deer enjoy being hunted? Gives them purpose?

I think deer enjoy the hunt as much as we do.

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
I was thinking more along the lines of some hunters like being hunted with bait and decoys.

Blackston

Oh don’t forget gettin blasted in front of your Young n

Blackston

I shoot the Younghans ! That teaches the mother to do a better job next time.
:shoot::shoot::rofl:I hope y’all know I was kidding Like stated before. I think we give em too much credit

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
:shoot::shoot::rofl:I hope y’all know I was kidding Like stated before. I think we give em too much credit
We do give a lot of credit.
But some do learn to avoid human presents at all cost when pressured.
I noticed the deer at the house are starting to get a little excited ? about the season coming up.

someone a long time ago ask me...."what do deer do?"......

and with a heart beat I said......"deer hide, and they do it better than anything I ever ever seen."

across the river

The deer I see at Fripp Island and Cades Cove seem way more relaxed and content to me than do those I typically see in the woods while hunting, so I am going to have to say no. They don't enjoy being hunted by humans or chase by a coyotes, and they had much rather walk up in the yard and eat apples out of your hand.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
The deer I see at Fripp Island and Cades Cove seem way more relaxed and content to me than do those I typically see in the woods while hunting, so I am going to have to say no. They don't enjoy being hunted by humans or chase by a coyotes, and they had much rather walk up in the yard and eat apples out of your hand.
They would make great pets. Except when the buck is in rut. ?

transfixer

They would make great pets. Except when the buck is in rut. ?

I've always thought that as well, quite a few videos on U tube showing pet deer, or deer that have lost their fear of humans, but then that would make it harder to enjoy venison tenderloin I suppose ,,,,

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
I've always thought that as well, quite a few videos on U tube showing pet deer, or deer that have lost their fear of humans, but then that would make it harder to enjoy venison tenderloin I suppose ,,,,
Hand fed venison is way more tasty than the wild fed deers.:bounce:

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
A good friend of mine. Their pet buck attacked him. Good think others where there to pull it off.
Antlers went in to him.