Do Deer want to be hunted?

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
A good friend of mine. Their pet buck attacked him. Good think others where there to pull it off.
Antlers went in to him.
You got to put pool noodles on the bucks antlers to keep this from happening.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !

transfixer

A good friend of mine. Their pet buck attacked him. Good think others where there to pull it off.
Antlers went in to him.

yeah, I don't think I'd want a pet buck, for that reason of them being aggressive during the rut , and even a doe can do quite a bit of damage with her hooves if she decides to,

Blackston

Got a good friend that rescued a doe and every year she disappears and shows up with the “ neighbors bucks “

transfixer

Years ago when I was married to my first wife, her daughter/my stepdaughter was about 6yrs old, we went to McIntosh preserve down below Whitesburg, down around the picnic area/ranger station there was a doe that had lost her fear of humans, due to people feeding it, the doe came walking right up to my stepdaughter looking for food, but started licking her hair ? I guess for the taste of salt ? this was in the summer , I thought that was the strangest thing I'd ever seen, but kinda cool at the same time.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I would guess that deer enjoy being hunted about the same amount as we enjoy being blown away by tornadoes, ran over by cars, struck by lightening, or chased by federal agents.

Turpentine

No one knows if deer have those ranges of emotions or intellect. From my understanding they are pure instincts. Since animals can not communicate (ideas) it is very unlikely there species have evolved enough to even come close to putting thoughts together like you did op. I vote no... The eat, sleep, breed, and survive on instincts not intellect.

BeerThirty

Absolutely! What living creature doesn't enjoy a 150-grain piece of lead exploding through their bones and organs, all while leaving a gaping exit hole in the process?

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
Missed a buck three times one morning.
First shot was 10 yards if that under my stand.
This buck in my thoughts was already mounted and turned to the left before this shot ever left the bow.
So he skipped off a little and at about fourty yards he stopped so I aimed real good and shot again. Thinking bullseye for sure this time. He ran ten yards fell over hard and I’m thinking ok gotcha sucka, I’ll mount you to the right. About then he gets up and runs off. So I’m replaying all what happened and waiting to go retrieve my stud of an eight pointer. I notice I’ve got only one arrow left. I got down walk over to the first arrow and don’t see it but know I probably missed. Couldn’t find the arrow then or the second arrow I thought for sure had drilled him but no blood was where he fell. Turns out he tripped over a smashed down old fence. Still thinking I’m tracking a wounded buck I get prepped to shoot again and walk up to him bedded down. He didn’t see me so time to fling one more I thought and of course my arrow flies high between his rack. He stood up at twenty yards and just stared at me broadside for about a minute. Sad thing was the day before I had just switched from a four arrow quiver to a three. Never did find that second arrow or the buck or a drop of blood so yes that buck had himself a great day laughing at me.
The second arrow bout killed me trying my best to find it and find out what happened. For all I know it was two bucks playing games with me.
I’ll never know for sure. All I know is either one was already on the wall just not real sure If I mounted it left or right or both.

HarryO45

Mag dump Dirty Harry
Absolutely! What living creature doesn't enjoy a 150-grain piece of lead exploding through their bones and organs, all while leaving a gaping exit hole in the process?
It is not the impact of the core-lokt they value. It is the lack of, it is the survival of the game. Do you not think, that a giant buck that has seven years of survival doesn’t have some sort of satisfaction from winning his game? A mama doe that has reared more fawns than other doe has some type of respect? Have you ever watched deer play in an open field? Do you not believe they have a hierarchy among their subordinates and peers. I know that there is a hierarchy in deer and I believe it is coveted among them. I think deer enjoy the sport as much as we do... they live to prove it.

Blackston

This has the makings of a Disney movie