WMA opening delay

DRBugman85

Why Delay the opener ONLY on WMA land / Why do Public land Hunters lose opportunities especially when WMA Land makes up less than 5% of the land in Georgia?

I do not support this idea at all. If it is good for WMA land it should be good for Private land too.
Not on my leases, why should we that take care of our land and manage our game need to be penalize, we have paid a lot of time and money to have the game we have, Find a lease and manage your land and game to enjoy it takes work and most importantly MANAGEMENT.

buckpasser

Not on my leases, why should we that take care of our land and manage our game need to be penalize, we have paid a lot of time and money to have the game we have, Find a lease and manage your land and game to enjoy it takes work and most importantly MANAGEMENT.

When the changes get here, I’d imagine there will be a lot of lawless self regulation on the large private properties that are managing to success. That’s the rumblings I’m hearing anyway. What a shame.

deerpoacher1970

This is just a bunch of bull hockey,This is not the reason for the decline of the wild turkey,This is what you get when you have educated idiots that don't have a clue.I will take experience over education any day of the week.

Turkeytider

Why Delay the opener ONLY on WMA land / Why do Public land Hunters lose opportunities especially when WMA Land makes up less than 5% of the land in Georgia?

I do not support this idea at all. If it is good for WMA land it should be good for Private land too.
Agree with that, but the thinking may be that WMA’s , while constituting a relatively small percentage of land, gets more pressure. I also agree that this one measure needs to be coupled with aggressive habitat management and some kind of predator control program, it’s a multifaceted problem.

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist
This is just a bunch of bull hockey,This is not the reason for the decline of the wild turkey,This is what you get when you have educated idiots that don't have a clue.I will take experience over education any day of the week.

So are you assuming that because someone is educated that they can't also be an experienced hunter?

Dbender

I personally don't think it will help anything. However, it is a start and you never know for sure until you give it a shot. At least you can then rule it out.
Might actually help on wma's, real hunters will still hunt but it might exclude the first onslaught of weekend warriors.
Subtle changes in climate/weather have greatly affected game.

cowhornedspike

So do you think delaying the opener statewide is a good idea and will help the turkeys? Or are you just being a jealous pouter who doesn't think it will help but who also doesn't want to see anyone else getting to hunt just because you aren't able to on your favorite WMA?
Asking for a friend...

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Ok. I won’t hunt til the WMAs open.
I’ll go that morning or later sence I may not be home.