Telecheck Results 2021 *updated 5/17* Final Numbers

Gut_Pile

11 days to go

11,108 reported, 231 per day, on pace for 13,653

May 1 was the best day since mid April with 212 turkeys killed. Looks like we are going to end up just over 12,000

Dupree

11 days to go

11,108 reported, 231 per day, on pace for 13,653

May 1 was the best day since mid April with 212 turkeys killed. Looks like we are going to end up just over 12,000
Have you compared it to any other states this year?

Dupree

Kentucky - 25,791
SC - close to 10,000 as the weekend was approaching. no live reporting
Tennessee - 28,202
Missouri - 30,069
Mississippi - 9,178
North Carolina - 19,728
Wow. Didn’t realize other states had so many more than us getting tagged.

Gut_Pile

Wow. Didn’t realize other states had so many more than us getting tagged.

KY and Tennessee have always had 3x the number of GA. Kentucky will typically pass GA on the first weekend of the season

Jack Flynn

Ya know, DNR says our turkey kill numbers are way down after the game check was put into place. No I think their estimating the kill was way flawed.

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
So how much is an out of state turkey license for Tennessee?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I think I paid around 300$+25$ wma stamp.
Tenn Has been like 230ish for 4 or 5 day. 290ish for the year.
I've been huntin north Tenn for many years... it has been awesome for many years. I told my friends keep quiet about this or it will turn into turkey huntin in Georgia.
Well for the past couple years it's been steadily DRAMATICALY gettin more and more crowded and last year was just too much for me. Public land corps property had multiple people driving around owl hootin from trucks. Box callin from atv's. Folks sneakin on private farms without permission and runnin away when we holler for them to stop for a talk.
I didn't even go this year and I LOVE to go.
I went to Texas instead.

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist
Ya know, DNR says our turkey kill numbers are way down after the game check was put into place. No I think their estimating the kill was way flawed.

The telephone survey that was used before Game Check is still conducted every year and it showed the same decrease in harvest. I think a lot of people would agree that the turkey population isn't near what it was 10 years ago.

Resica

Here are our estimates for the last several springs(Pennsylvania). The 2020 spring gobbler season harvest dropped by 8% from last year, but it wasn't from lack of effort by hunters. The 2020 gobbler harvest was 34,500, continuing a downward trend from 37,300 in 2019 and 40,300 in 2018.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
My public land has gotten hit hard and I personally have seen a dramatic decline. I’m just trying to believe that all those lanes cut everywhere the turkeys and I used to roam will be beneficial. I haven’t seen a single lone hen on them dove fields this year. And I keep going back since I used to see soooo many birds there.......pigs too

Gut_Pile

5/17 update

12,112 turkeys checked in. Big uptick on the very last day of the season which happens each year. I would like to think that is due to a great last day of the season, but I do think a lot of folks hold a bird or two until the last day to check them in.

Overall, a good GA season. 2nd best telecheck results in GA history

goblr77

That indicates an overall turkey population of roughly 120,000. Not the 300,000 - 400,000 number that is being thrown around. Kentucky reports 300,000 - 400,000 birds and the total harvest is just shy of 30,000. Tennessee reports 300,000 and has a total harvest of over 30,000. Both of those states have shorter turkey seasons as well. It just shows how mismanaged the turkey population in our state has been.