Oil Change

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
$82.87!!
I couldn't believe it!
Last oil change was around $50 bucks.
I told my wife I'll start doing them myself again. But then I looked at the itemized bill - labor hasn't GON up.
It's everything else!
Would probably cost me more for the oil & filter to do it myself.
Ridiculous.
Screenshot_20211212-081736_Gallery.jpg

GeorgiaGlockMan

Yup.

A diesel oil change at oil express was $160+ using Rotella T6 last time I went. Bout swallowed my chew.

You can still find T6 on sale price for $19/gal..I need 2.25 gallons for my truck.

Guess I know where the oil for the oil/kerosene stain for my old farm fence is coming from.

I'll start doing it myself again too.

Anybody know where I can get one of those 20-30 gallon blue plastic barrels for cheap?

nc dawg

oil’filter and fuel filter for my Duramax is around $60..
at the dealership they charged me $245?..so I been doing myself fo a while.
I only take it there for a trip check once a year..I’m glad I able to do it,it’s messy on a diesel and I usually have to take a shower when I’m done,but that’s understandable I can mess up a sink full of dishes making a sandwich lol..

buckmanmike

I had my oil changed last week for $50-$55. I have a Ford 5.0, so it takes 8 quarts. I use conventional oil since I change at 7500 miles. I also recieved a free wash for that price.

GoldDot40

I was in the business for a long time...a long time ago. Got a good friend still in it and just recently went to visit him. He showed me what HIS cost for bulk 5W30 is now...it is beyond insane. When I was there (been out of it since 2007), a conventional full service oil change started at $24.99. That same oil change today starts at $39.99 and he informed me they were likely increasing the price again in the near future.

I can change the oil myself in my '02 Silverado for $28. My daughter's car costs me $23 to do.

RedHills

Self Banned after losing a Noles bet.
$82.87!!
I couldn't believe it!
Last oil change was around $50 bucks.
I told my wife I'll start doing them myself again. But then I looked at the itemized bill - labor hasn't GON up.
It's everything else!
Would probably cost me more for the oil & filter to do it myself.
Ridiculous.
View attachment 1121952

Paid exact amount few weeks ago in Tally. They lost my truck and had to search for it on the lot..reset my air filter timer, not oil timer. Created the wrong window sticker with wrong oil weight. Billed for the right one...I was assured it was correct what they used and billed. Ex Nascar drivers have no control over their dealerships I guess ;)

Geffellz18

Ouch!
Mine costs about $30 for each of my vehicles. For two of them I purchased OEM filters in bulk which ran about $4-$5 each that way, and have been partial to Castrol for about the past 20 yrs or so. Have started using their synthetic with the newest two vehicles which have been running about $25 for the 5qt bottle.
Hope I’m not in for a big surprise when it’s time for the next change!

BigDogDaddy

If you're close to Akins Ford and have time to wait, they do oil change and tire rotation for $49.95. You cant buy the supplies that cheap...

transfixer

the shops that run oil change specials are doing it to bring customers in that they can hopefully up sell other services to, oil has gone up obviously as has gasoline, as far as the shops that do oil changes, be sure to check your oil level and check for leaks after you leave the shop, as they generally use the least experienced guys for oil changes ,

Seen quite a few instances of oil pan being drained and fresh motor oil added to the transmission over the years,, or the opposite, transmission drained and engine over-filled with oil

Tight Lines

My shop is $79 for a full synthetic on my old 5.3 Chevrolet...for that price it isn't worth my time to mess with it...and that's the new approved pricing courtesy of Brandon.

I was only averaging about 10K per year on the Yukon XL (traveling consultant) and changed the oil on it every 6 months vs. miles...So $160 per year...

Tight Lines

images

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I'm glad I got free lifetime oil changes from the Nissan dealership when I bought my truck.