I have no access to the physical blood of Jesus.

Artfuldodger

Touching on the blood of Christ washing away sins in the Baptism thread made me wonder about the blood of Christ in washing away my sins.
We are taught that we are justified, sanctified, and washed from our sins by the (true) blood of Christ (Rom.5:9; Heb.10:29; Rev.1:5).

Artfuldodger

I think again it must be a spiritual thing in a physical world. The saints in Revelation 7:14 "washed their robes and made them WHITE in the blood of the Lamb."

In any case, God is spirit: he has no physical blood. The “blood” Jesus was referring to is his spiritual blood. That spiritual blood is the Holy Spirit.

Last edited:

Artfuldodger

I have read that some think the Spirit and the blood are the same? I've never really thought about it in that aspect. I just thought it was a more simple explanation. The shedding of Christ's blood on the Cross. Not his actual physical blood but his death caused from shedding his blood.

I can see "washed in His blood" as symbolic but not the shedding of His blood which was definitely physical and literal.

Big7

The Oracle
I have no access to the physical blood of Jesus.

Yes, you do. :wink:

Big7

The Oracle
John 6:51-57
And a few more scriptures too.

It don't say anything about symbolic, pretend or play like.

It says "unless" in there somewhere.

Artfuldodger

John 6:57
Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me.

God is a living Spirit. Jesus is also living water and living bread.

Last edited:

Artfuldodger

And a few more scriptures too.

It don't say anything about symbolic, pretend or play like.

It says "unless" in there somewhere.

"the one who eats this bread will live forever.”

Seems like a simple way to gain everlasting life. I never said it was symbolic, but it's not the actual physical blood that flowed out of the body of Christ into the sand. The blood that was splattered on the Roman soldiers and washed off later.

Artfuldodger

Well it looks like there are three explanations on the power of the Blood of Christ.
1) The blood atonement
2) The Holy Spirit
3) The actual drinking of the Blood of Christ

We got any more? What about sprinkled with the blood of Christ?"

Last edited:

Madman

Well it looks like there are three explanations on the power of the Blood of Christ.
1) The blood atonement
2) The Holy Spirit
3) The actual drinking of the Blood of Christ

We got any more? What about sprinkled with the blood of Christ?"
Or it is what Christ said it is. I liked that explanation best.

Artfuldodger

Or it is what Christ said it is. I liked that explanation best.
And what would that be?
Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, it is not Moses who has given you the bread from heaven, but it is my Father who gives you the true bread from heaven. For the bread of God is he who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world."

Exactly how do you think the Father of Jesus did this?

Madman

The Jews Christ was speaking to knew symbolism, this was not symbolism, this was literal, the believed he was talking about cannibalism, and walked away.

Artfuldodger

The Jews Christ was speaking to knew symbolism, this was not symbolism, this was literal, the believed he was talking about cannibalism, and walked away.
The whole chapter is based on spiritual needs vs physical needs. It not even related to Communion.

Madman

The whole chapter is based on spiritual needs vs physical needs. It not even related to Communion.

So Christ said in vs. 55 “For my flesh is symbolic food and my blood is symbolic drink.”?

I see.

Artfuldodger

They wanted the bread, but more than just the bread; they also wanted Jesus to be their king and lead them against their Roman oppressors.