I have no access to the physical blood of Jesus.

Artfuldodger

So Christ said in vs. 55 “For my flesh is symbolic food and my blood is symbolic drink.”?

I see.
No he didn't, did he say he was symbolic living water? Jesus said if anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink.
Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never be hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.

This has nothing to do with physical bread, water, or wine. It has nothing to do with the physical body of Christ. It's the spiritual belief of what happened to the physical body of Christ.

Last edited:

Madman

If it is only a symbol how does it make some sick and cause others to die?
Pretty powerful symbol.

Artfuldodger

Jesus also said he was a door, light, a vine, and a shepherd. Israel is the root of a tree. We were physically grafted to that root ball.

formula1

Daily Bible Verse Organizer
Let us not confuse what the blood of Jesus is all about! It is in fact the required payment ( that God required his only son Jesus to pay) for our sins without which we have no forgiveness of sins. But in fact we do have forgiveness if we receive it by faith.

John 6:53
So Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.

Romans 3
21 But now the righteousness of God has been manifested apart from the law, although the Law and the Prophets bear witness to it— 22 the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all who believe. For there is no distinction: 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, 25 whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith. This was to show God's righteousness, because in his divine forbearance he had passed over former sins. 26 It was to show his righteousness at the present time, so that he might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.

Hebrews 9:22
Indeed, under the law almost everything is purified with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins.

Ephesians 1
7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace, 8 which he lavished upon us, in all wisdom and insight 9 making known to us the mystery of his will, according to his purpose, which he set forth in Christ 10 as a plan for the fullness of time, to unite all things in him, things in heaven and things on earth.

Ephesians 2:13
But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.

1 John 1:7
But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood ofJesus his Son cleanses us from all sin.

Revelation 1
5 To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood 6 and made us a kingdom, priests to his God and Father, to him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.

Madman

Pretty powerful symbol.
Jesus also said he was a door, light, a vine, and a shepherd. Israel is the root of a tree. We were physically grafted to that root ball.

Did Christ then say that his chest was real wood? Does he need correct anyone,

The Jews understand he is not speaking metaphorically about his body, they question and he doubles down.

Artfuldodger

Let us not confuse what the blood of Jesus is all about! It is in fact the required payment ( that God required his only son Jesus to pay) for our sins without which we have no forgiveness of sins. But in fact we do have forgiveness if we receive it by faith.

John 6:53
So Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.

Romans 3
21 But now the righteousness of God has been manifested apart from the law, although the Law and the Prophets bear witness to it— 22 the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all who believe. For there is no distinction: 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, 25 whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith. This was to show God's righteousness, because in his divine forbearance he had passed over former sins. 26 It was to show his righteousness at the present time, so that he might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.

Hebrews 9:22
Indeed, under the law almost everything is purified with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins.

Ephesians 1
7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace, 8 which he lavished upon us, in all wisdom and insight 9 making known to us the mystery of his will, according to his purpose, which he set forth in Christ 10 as a plan for the fullness of time, to unite all things in him, things in heaven and things on earth.

Ephesians 2:13
But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.

1 John 1:7
But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood ofJesus his Son cleanses us from all sin.

Revelation 1
5 To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood 6 and made us a kingdom, priests to his God and Father, to him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.

"we have redemption through his blood"

What does that mean? His shed blood on the cross or drinking his physical or symbolic blood?

Artfuldodger

Pretty powerful symbol.

Did Christ then say that his chest was real wood? Does he need correct anyone,

The Jews understand he is not speaking metaphorically about his body, they question and he doubles down.
Does everyone open the door? Does everyone see the light? Many turn away. Since many turn away, it must not be symbolic. Jesus has to be a door to salvation.
"But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin." 1 John 1:7

Madman

Does everyone open the door? Does everyone see the light? Many turn away. Since many turn away, it must not be symbolic. Jesus has to be a door to salvation.
"But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin." 1 John 1:7
I remember in a past post you asked me “what is the light”.

Please do not be offended but I prefer instruction from the Church Christ built to the instruction provided by individual men.

This is the very reason, if you go to a Catholic or Orthodox Church you will be asked not to receive communion.

Artfuldodger

Romans 3:25
God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement, through the shedding of his blood—to be received by faith. He did this to demonstrate his righteousness, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished—

It was the shedding of his blood.(physical) It has to be received by faith.(spiritual)

Artfuldodger

1 Peter 1:18-19
For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your ancestors,
19 but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect.

Peter doesn't say but how does that blood redeem us?

Madman

Romans 3:25
God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement, through the shedding of his blood—to be received by faith. He did this to demonstrate his righteousness, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished—

It was the shedding of his blood.(physical) It has to be received by faith.(spiritual)
I would not confuse the term “faith” with spiritual.

Last edited:

Madman

1 Peter 1:18-19
For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your ancestors,
19 but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect.

Peter doesn't say but how does that blood redeem us?
Peter doesn’t have to tell us, Christ told us.

Madman

“This IS my body, this IS my blood.”

Do with that statement Christ made as you will.

I know what Holy Scripture says, and I know what the Church teaches. Good enough for me.

Artfuldodger

“This IS my body, this IS my blood.”

Do with that statement Christ made as you will.

I know what Holy Scripture says, and I know what the Church teaches. Good enough for me.
I may try that, it seems like an easy way to gain eternal life.

formula1

Daily Bible Verse Organizer
"we have redemption through his blood"

What does that mean? His shed blood on the cross or drinking his physical or symbolic blood?

Well, did Christ shed real blood or symbolic blood on that cross you speak of? Is that blood payment for sin? By whose authority is that blood considered payment? Does your view matter at all?

LittleDrummerBoy

Jesus said, "This is the blood of the new covenant ... do this in remembrance of me."

I won't pretend to understand the metaphysics of communion, but if Jesus said the wine is his blood and for me to do it, then that's good enough. I have access to the blood in the way I need it.

gordon 2

I guess the Lord's table menu depends on spiritual culture and also and especially the pilgrims intent. Maybe this was all meant to be.

Personally, in this world, I need all the grace I can get and probably is the case with everyone else.

Last edited: