11/13 PM

Big7

The Oracle
Wait on the dog, lastnight my son shot a good one, we went in after 20 minutes or so, looked and found him but jumped him, backed out called dog this morning and found him , don’t push him
10- 4.

I'll be here before daylight tomorrow and find him.

I know that dog is worth the money to get out this time of night but I'm going to try to find him before I spend the money.

If I can't find him I will get a dog tomorrow.

I will make every effort to find him now that I got blood.

johnpoulan83

Missed The Vote
10- 4.

I'll be here before daylight tomorrow and find him.

I know that dog is worth the money to get out this time of night but I'm going to try to find him before I spend the money.

If I can't find him I will get a dog tomorrow.

I will make every effort to find him now that I got blood.
The more you walk in there the harder it will be for the dog to find him, and if you jump him might never find him, if it was me I’d wait

Deerhunter12454

After you shoot, bring your compass out. And take a screen shot when the shot is fresh in your mind. Been plenty of times I’ve shot a deer and it be completely 20-30 yards away from where I thought it was. Especially helps in clear cuts

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
You said the dog was on the way...Did you call him off.

If the dog is coming, stick and stay, handle this tonight.

IF the deer is down, 12 hours is a long time for the guts to rot, and also long enough for a possum be stickin' his head out of a hole in his belly when you find him.

Go settle this one way or the other tonight. You prolly ain't gonna get no sleep anyway...

Good luck.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
You said the dog was on the way...Did you call him off.

If the dog is coming, stick and stay, handle this tonight.

IF the deer is down, 12 hours is a long time for the guts to rot, and also long enough for a possum be stickin' his head out of a hole in his belly when you find him.

Go settle this one way or the other tonight. You prolly ain't gonna get no sleep anyway...

Good luck.
Yep.

Reactions: Kev

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Wonder no one uses a thermal to find down deer

basshappy

BANNED
@Big7
1) Did both shots hit the deer?

2) Where did each shot hit the deer?

3) What did you hear after the second shot - how long did you hear the deer move?

4) What caliber projectile hit the deer?

5) Have you walked in the direction you last heard the deer?

6) The drop of dark blood you spotted where is it in relation to where deer was standing when shot once or twice - how far away?

7) If you want to recover meat to eat go now and work the trail tonight, dog or solo. Do not wait until morning.

8) If you think you can't find it now so you called a dog, what would be different about tomorrow other than darkness vs light?

9) How might you feel if you don't work it tonight solo or with dog, wait for tomorrow, and find it say within 100 yards of shot,meat spoiled, deer maybe feasted upon by wild things?

10) How far from the deer was your shot?

It might be my newbie status but I refuse to hunt with less than 1 hour of good light remaining because I don't want to track in the dark. If for any reason my shot is off or on but deer is hopped up and runs more than 40 yards I want light available to assist in my ocular scan.

Consider resolving it tonight, not waiting for light. $200 is worth peace of mind, healthy meat, etc. But also, on the FB Group of Dog Blood Tracking in GA I have seen trackers offer free tracking up to $100. Maybe call a different tracker?

johnpoulan83

Missed The Vote
@Big7
1) Did both shots hit the deer?

2) Where did each shot hit the deer?

3) What did you hear after the second shot - how long did you hear the deer move?

4) What caliber projectile hit the deer?

5) Have you walked in the direction you last heard the deer?

6) The drop of dark blood you spotted where is it in relation to where deer was standing when shot once or twice - how far away?

7) If you want to recover meat to eat go now and work the trail tonight, dog or solo. Do not wait until morning.

8) If you think you can't find it now so you called a dog, what would be different about tomorrow other than darkness vs light?

9) How might you feel if you don't work it tonight solo or with dog, wait for tomorrow, and find it say within 100 yards of shot,meat spoiled, deer maybe feasted upon by wild things?

10) How far from the deer was your shot?

It might be my newbie status but I refuse to hunt with less than 1 hour of good light remaining because I don't want to track in the dark. If for any reason my shot is off or on but deer is hopped up and runs more than 40 yards I want light available to assist in my ocular scan.

Consider resolving it tonight, not waiting for light. $200 is worth peace of mind, healthy meat, etc. But also, on the FB Group of Dog Blood Tracking in GA I have seen trackers offer free tracking up to $100. Maybe call a different tracker?
Wait , you don’t hunt the last hour of the evening hunt?

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
Man that deer is dead by now if ya shot it decent. I say go look right now. A spotlight will make a deer belly glow at night. Sticks out.
Hydrogen peroxide, reflective tape are also must haves for night blood trailing