What's the weirdest thing you've found while hunting?

Confederate_Jay

I also found a spot that had 10-12 USED tampons hanging about 2-3 feet off the ground in the trees. This was also in the Oconee NF. Got the heck out of there since I didn't know if it was some kind of devil worship thing or something.[/QUOTE]

I don't know about devil worship but there was probably a chick in a really bad mood nearby

polaris30144

On my way to deer camp, someone had started to cut down a large oak tree and got their chainsaw bound up with the tree leaning. This was on my property and no one had permission to cut any wood. I stopped and used a wrench to take the motor off figuring I would buy another bar and chain. About two hours later my son and a friend came into camp. They asked me if I saw the leaning tree. I told them yep, I saw it and took the motor off the bar that was bound up. They started laughing and handed me the bar and chain. They had finished cutting the tree down for camp firewood and figured they had a spare bar. The saw was an expensive saw (Husquavarna) and no one ever came around to ask about it. They probably figured it was cheaper to lose the saw than get arrested for stealing timber.

Confederate_Jay

Getting ready to hang my climber one day I hear something walking in the leaves and I see an old black man going thru the woods totin' a shotgun. No orange vest and on our club's lease. I whistled at him but he didn't hear me... so I put down my climber and picked up my gun to go a try to find out what he was doing in there. By the time I got to him, he was sqatted down with his back to the big Live oak raining acorns that I was planning to watch. He said he was squirrel hunting, his family used to own the land and that he had hunted it all his life. I told him that we had it leased and that it wasn't safe to be walking around with no vest during gun season. The whole time I 'm talking to him I notice he has really bad B.O., and I'm thinking, " Great, this stinky guy has been spreading his scent all over these woods I'm wanting to hunt this afternoon".

He was wearing a big oversized down jacket that draped down around his legs while he was kneeling against that tree . That is why when I walked up on him I didn't realize that he was bucked down taking a crap.

Last edited:

jbarron

BANNED
When I was a young boy, I got to go coon hunting with my dad, uncle, grandpa, and family friend. At that time, I was too young to go to the dogs and stayed at the truck with grandpa. Well the dogs finally treed and the men went to them. They finally returned with no coon but a strange tale. They said the dogs were treed and going crazy around a snag that stuck up maybe five foot. The snag had no coon on it and was not hollow. However, the dogs were jumping up and acting as if they were looking at something on top of the snag. After a while, they noticed that they standing in a very old graveyard. The family friend said the dogs had treed a haint. They leashed the dogs and had to literally drag them away.

DCOMP54

Wild Thang

SEVERAL YEARS AGO ONE OF THE CLUB MEMBERS WAS WAY UP A TREE IN HIS CLIMBER. AS HE WAS LOOKING AROUND HE NOTICED A BUNCH OF USED CONDOMS AROUND HIS TREE ON ONE SIDE, ALSO WHERE A 4 WHEELER HAD BEEN PULLING UP. A FEW MINUTES LATER HERE COMES THE 4 WHEELER WITH A NICE LOOKING BLONDE BEARLY LEGAL, AND A GUY. THEY GET DOWN TO BUSINESS ALL THE WHILE THE GUY IS UP THE TREE WATCHING JUST ABOVE THEM. HE SAID HE WAS ENJOYING THE SHOW AND HAD A THOUGHT. WHAT IF I BUST A ROUND OFF! (SHOOT HIS RIFLE):shoot::banana:
WELL HE STARTS LAUGHING A LITTLE AT THE THOUGHT OF WHEN TO PULL THE TRIGGER. HE GETS IT ABOUT RIGHT AS THE GUY IS :shoot:.
NEEDLESS TOO SAY THEY LEFT IN A HURRY LEAVING THEIR PANTS & UNDERWEAR. THEY WENT UP THE TRAIL THEN REALIZED WHAT THEY HAD TO GET BACK. SO HE SENDS HER BACK TO GET THE CLOTHES. THE CLUB GUY IS STILL LAUGHING HISTERICALLY. THEN SEES HER COMING BACK WITH OUT THE BOTTOMS ON. SHE WALKS UP GETS THE CLOTHES SMILES AT HIM IN THE TREE AND WALKS OFF BACK TO THE 4 WHEELER.
WE NICK NAMED THE STAND THE RUBBER TREE. HE CANT STAND IT WHEN WE CALL IT THAT.
HE HAD A CAMERA BUT DIDNT THINK TO USE IT.
WE HAD THE LAND OWNER TALK TO THE GIRLS DAD, THEY NEVER CAME BACK. LOLL

Look at the mount I'm holding.. found both these sheds while turkey hunting... laying about 8' apart in a logging road in Breathitt County Kentucky. Before that I found a medicine bottle with a note in it from a troubled boys school out of Michigan. The Michigan Boys school had released the medicine bottle attached to a helium balloon back in 1992. I found the bottle in a very remote area (Cohutta Wilderness, North Ga) while coon hunting back in 2001. When I tried to open the bottle it disintegrated in my hands but the typed letter was still legible. I mailed a letter back to the boy at the school as per instructions but never heard anything back.

BassWorm

Found a police car on our property in Jones County in the bushes one morning. Thought it was one of our guys that is LE doing something there. About 30 minutes later it looked like "Smoky and the Bandit". State Patrol, several counties, DNR, all coming over the hayfield next to our camp. And a helicopter was buzzing around everywhere. Turns out an officer was transporting some prisoners the night before and one escaped with the car and the officers weapon. They brought in dogs and were all around most of the day. Was going to spend the night down there and everyone else was going home but decided that with an armed fugative on the loose right there I would just go on home like everyone else.
Turns out the guy stole a nearby truck and was recaptured in Atlanta the next day trying to sell the officers gun.
Very, very interesting weekend.

wack em

I was hunting a box stand in Morgan Co. a couple of years ago when a GSP drove up to my stand right about prime time to tell me that a hit and run had taken place a mile or so down the road and the guy that escaped was believed to be armed and commin toward the farm i was hunting. He gave me his card and told me that i should be careful and call him if i saw the guy. I never saw him but found out the next day that he was arrested not far from there the next morning as he was hiding in the back of someones truck, to hitch a ride to town.

MCBUCK

A Guy I Know Found A Human Skeleton At Bf Grant Wma This Past Week. That Was Pretty Wild I Thought.

My buddy who is hunting BF Grant this week called me last night and tol me about that !! That is wild.
A few years back, some boys hunting Coosawatee, found a skeleton going in therer too. Thay found a crashed motorcycle close by, and had the guys wallett, and all. Turns out the guy was from out of state, and had been missing for about two years.

JDARRACOTT

A Guy I Know Found A Human Skeleton At Bf Grant Wma This Past Week. That Was Pretty Wild I Thought.

I was down there when they found it. I was in there hanging a stand on the far back side, and when I came out tho the gate DNR and Putnam county sheriff were crawling around every where. I first thought someone found a drugs then I over heard them say they found a skull. The guys who found it were camped at the same came ground as me. We had some good laughs about who it was and who they got there since it was n a big thicket.

joehughes1965

I found a brown glass Clorox jug with one ring handle on it. I had to look up the markings on the bottom of the jug on the internet to find the glass manufacturer and determine the approximate time frame. The jug appears to be from the 1950's.

letmeoutside

Last year I pulled into the place where I park my truck on my land to find a 1980s model Cutlass sitting there. The window was busted out and the steering column was cracked so I called the SO. They came out, and sure enough, it was stolen.

When I was a kid hunting in Morgan County, I had a cow come through the woods right by my stand. My grandfather and I took it back to the farm next to our property, but they said it wasn't there's. No markings, but they kept it 'cause we didn't have any way to take care of it.

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
Last year I pulled into the place where I park my truck on my land to find a 1980s model Cutlass sitting there. The window was busted out and the steering column was cracked so I called the SO. They came out, and sure enough, it was stolen.

When I was a kid hunting in Morgan County, I had a cow come through the woods right by my stand. My grandfather and I took it back to the farm next to our property, but they said it wasn't there's. No markings, but they kept it 'cause we didn't have any way to take care of it.

A butcher can take care of it:)

7mm mag 06

soem old and i mean old bottles, my best arrowhead on the day i killed my first buck on one of our swamp roads, a box of 30-06 bullets i guess from the people that owned the land before us, a leatherman knife along with a crankbait, old still

mauk trapper

Don't guess it's really all that weird but neat none the less. I was in my stand one morning before daylight and could here a deer in the privot out in front of me making a rub this went on for a while then things settled down. Later after sunrise the buck went to work again only this time I could see the privot moving with all the racket to go with it. This went on and off for at least an hour I kept thinking the deer would show himself anytime. Finally I decided to try and spook the deer out throwing everything I had in my pack into the privot (water bottle, candy bar, flashlight). The deer never came out. I then decided to get down and ease over and see if I could get a look at him. Well I found him allright he was a really nice sized 6 point that had managed to wedge his rack in the privot and became stuck. By the time I got in there he was on his side and exausted. At first I really wasn't sure what to do but I decided to try and cut him free. I cut the privot that had him caught and jumped back. The deer really didn't even try to do much so I gave him a little nudge and still nothing.I figured it would be best to leave him alone and maybe he would come around. I came back that evening only to find that the buck didn't make it. I guess nature can be cruel sometimes. By the way I got video of me cutting him loose.

Ozzie

It never ceases to amaze me where I find the remains of really old cars, in places where you wonder how the heck they ever drove them in there in the first place. Probably the strangest one I have found was while hiking in California in a very remote wilderness area, was the remains of a Ford Model T in a bottom area surrounded by sheer cliff walls. There was no way anybody could have driven it there, but there it was, almost like a helicoptor had lowered it in place. I can almost imagine some teenage boy 70 years ago saying "Dad you ain't gonna believe this, but about the car...":cry:

Here in Georgia on property I once hunted I found a '51 Chevy leaning against a tree, like somebody had tried to drive it up the tree resting on its back end with its front end in in the air. On the approach to Amicola Falls there is an old early 50's model Chevy pick up balanced precariously on the hill side with a big tree growing through it's windshield...makes you wonder what the story is on that one. It probably started with "hey hold my beer...":eek:

Dub

I once had a midget come walking down a logging road that ran through a clear cut one afternoon. Dressed head to toe in white. Except for bright green flip-flops. I still get cracked up over that one.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Sorry if I offended any midgets....I should have said little person. :bounce: We found out later that his family had just moved to the area. We told his family that he had develped a very dangerous habit. We never saw him on the property again.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Thanks....I'm now wiping coffee off the front of my shirt.

I had an uncle that would get drunk every w/e, buy a car and eventually drive it way back in the woods to keep his wife from finding out about him being drunk and having spent all his money on another car. We usually found them up to the windshield in a creek or ditch while squirrel hunting.