What's the weirdest thing you've found while hunting?

Alan in GA

he hee,,,,

"Alan in GA...you're braver than I am walking across that bridge.""

actually I'm smarter than THAT~!
I'm holding the camera...:bounce:

BIL is out 'on' the bridge.:)

crow

An antique tea kettle for a woodstove, found in the middle of a 40,000 acre Delta National Forest section while scouting for ducks in MS. I researched and there had been no permanent settlements in that area for over 100 years. No old homeplaces within 10 miles. I've always wondered how it got there...maybe an old hunting camp or something. I still have it.

crow

BuckinFish

I had lost my muzzleloader bullet from my one and only mounted buck back in the '05 season while lugging the cape around in a trashcan. I looked all over for it thinking it was in my pants pocket.
A year later i had forgot about it and was messing with my dads metal detector and found the bullet on the edge of our camp, which now is on my desk. (Just thought it was weird i had found it again)

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
I forgot about this one. My wife and were just married on our honeymoon and in Asheville in 1991. We drove on the Blue ridge parkway and it was cold and starting to snow. We did not pass any cars (they shut the road down after we had gone through and we did not know it) and we pulled into a "hiking area."

There was one car in the parking lot and a lot of blood on the ground. The hood was warm, so I thought maybe someone was hurt. We walked down the trail about 50 yards or so and there was still alot of blood. Yes, I had a Pistol. The trail was through thick Rhododendrons and curved back and forth so you really could not see ahead. The blood trail kept going. I told my wife we were leaving as I was getting a little antsy as to why someone bleeding that much would walk INTO the woods.

We got out of there but it took forever as the road was icing up. When we got closer to Asheville I stopped and talked to a Ranger there at the roadblock and told him about it and gave him the license number. They said they would check it out after the storm, the road was now closed and impassable. I told Him I was glad it was not me up there bleeding in the woods. and left. Never heard anything else, but have wondered about for 16 years.

BuckinFish

This was the most interesting thread to me, hopefully it will start back up (BUMP)

FX Jenkins

I found an electric chainsaw in the woods. On the way out, I saw a guy who was loking at me as if to say: "forget your cord?"

that is funny.....:bounce:

While hunting Fort Stewart in the early '90s, I looked down from my tree and saw a fresh scrape on the ground with something green in it. I kept looking and looking trying to figure it out. When I got down I walked over and picked it up and it was a plastic green whistle(like one you would get in a Cracker Jack box.) Wierd????

patchestc

found a dead cow with a calf's nose and hooves sticking out.

found a crossbow bolt sticking straight up in the ground, like someone had shot it up in the air.

several hand tools.

hawk flew over and dropped a small opossum with no head.

nhancedsvt

Banned
i was exploring some land behind my old house and found fishing lures and pieces of a boat in the woods. keep in mind that my house was probably 20 miles from the nearest body of water. come to find out, right behind our property there used to be a lake and it had dried up about 60 years ago.
also at another house i was wlking through some adjacent property and came up on an old 2 story house that i later found out was a confederate hospital. that was pretty neat!

BamaBart

Lost rifle

I shot a 8 point as it was chasing a doe across a old logging road. It crossed and got in some brush but I still had a good shot so I dropped him at about 40 yards. I was looking for the doe because we can take a buck and doe in the same day in some parts of Alabama. Well while I was trying to see where the doe had went the buck stood up and started dragging himself into a thickit. I took two more shots at him before he got out of sight. When I was trailing him in the thicket I decided to prop my Browning A-Bolt againesed a tree. Well after about two hours of looking for the buck with no luck I then had to try to find my rifle that was somewhere in a 5 acre thicket. It took a few hours but I at least got my rifle back. I know I was a dummy.:confused:

BigBushClub

not a pony, not a bear, lets just say... Larger member of the feline variety

I saw a black pony walking through the woods one day when i was a boy,scared the heck out of me, CAUSE i was sitting on the ground with a 20 gauge shotgun i thought it was a BEAR!

I was deer hunting in northern Wisconsin and saw a full grown albino doe. Two weeks later my brother saw a albino 6 point buck. It is very strange to see a completely white deer walking through the woods.

Ive seen several first one was a big praying mantis, eating mouse. :hair:

axe head so old the tree it was in had grown around it :banginghe:

and a .50bmg round that was empty but still had the bullet in it. :shoot::shoot::shoot::shoot::shoot::shoot:

:flag:

HunterK

My son and I found a come-a-long strapped to the bottom of a tree in the middle of nowhere, looked like it had been there for many years, the tree had grown around most of it.

letsgohuntin

we saw a very old tractor back in the woods on the Chicasawhatchee WMA last week. It was one of those old models with the seat extended back over the tires. I guess it broke down while they were logging the area and they just left it there.

i was to little to remember but my dad always tells me about the time we were at a field trial chasing dogs and came up on a huge, huge, huge feild of marijuana